An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

can someone kill this thread and start a new one when there's news about this? It's a pain in the ass to read through 22 pages to find news that isn't in the OP.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

can someone kill this thread and start a new one when there's news about this? It's a pain in the ass to read through 22 pages to find news that isn't in the OP.

HAHA. Let me summarize for you:

Corsair originally said late July for k70 with red switches and late august for everything else. That obviously didn't happen. 

The K70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches is now available for order if that is what you want. Waste no more time! Go buy it now!

If, instead, you are waiting on the K70 with Brown/Blue switches or the K95 in any color of switches,  you will have to wait until "Late September" (Source: Corsair's Facebook page). I'm not sure about the release date for the K65... I don't recall reading an estimate for that one. 

Prices (In the USA) are:

K70: $169.99

K95: $189.99

K65: $149.99  (based on a dollar amount written on a display behind the K65 in a video showing the ten-key-less board) 

If you want to know the prices outside of the USA... you'll have to check the thread, I didn't really pay much attention to that part heh heh (sorry)

For more information you can check out this blog entry from Corsair James.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2014/september/corsairk70rgb

On the page you will also find a download link for the software you'll need to program the RGB keyboards. I downloaded it but haven't used it yet... waiting on the K95 release !! (Blue switches) :D

You do know there's a "skip to last page" button right?

found the first k70 rgb available in Europe, and it is not looking good.

one of the biggest Dutch online pc component store's is selling it for 200(260$).

hope they drop a 100$ in price soon.

found the first k70 rgb available in Europe, and it is not looking good.

one of the biggest Dutch online pc component store's is selling it for 200(260$).

hope they drop a 100$ in price soon.

Yeah I've seen that too. But that's most likely because they're the first and only one to have the keyboard atm. They usually charge a premium for that. At least I hope. 

You do know there's a "skip to last page" button right?

that doesn't cover the news in the middle.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

This.

More than half of this thread is just users discussing mech-keyboards nonsense. Only a quarter is related to the actual news.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

This.

More than half of this thread is just users discussing mech-keyboards nonsense. Only a quarter is related to the actual news.

Thankfully someone sumerised all the actual news for you in this page or 1 page back..

Thankfully someone sumerised all the actual news for you in this page or 1 page back..

Not my point. I will not discuss it further.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

that doesn't cover the news in the middle.

Umm...Well since you've apparently been tracking the thread as well I would assume you've read it all? In which case you'd just have to track the last page and the ones before it. The one's at the start and middle are just primarily concerns about the delay and speculation. "That" covers the news in the middle ;)

He said he was perfectly fine answering questions 

Asked and I am yet to know if we can use dingbats in the software...

Is it just me or is Amazon not listing it now? Not finding it there now and even got a 404 not found from the Amazon link on the Corsair K70 rgb webpage. still finding on Newegg but I'm trying my hardest to hold out for the brown switches.

The NDA was probably just lifted on the Cherry Red version. Can we just appreciate what Corsair James has done for us. I have heard the software is really difficult to navigate, and his tutorials should be a big help. Lets not pester him with a question he can obviously not answer. Late September appears to be the release date for everything else. Just be patient.

As someone who has a RGB K70, can confirm, software is ridiculous to navigate.  It's horrible.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Hi, i have 2 questions.

1) Is led bright enought?

2) Does anyone khow when the browns and blues will come?

I am from greece and i cant wait for this keyboard any more.

Hi, i have 2 questions.

Me too, it's going to be my first Mech

Hi, i have 2 questions.

"Late September" is the word from Corsair.

Hi, i have 2 questions.

Ah forgot about the first question. I think the LEDs have ten adjustable brightness levels so you can set it to suit your personal preference.

So apparently Amazon stopped selling these and a new version is coming out with an end of the month release. Concerned new owners of the K70 rgb have been assured their keyboards are fine and new one only has a minor cosmetic change. Per an earlier post, I'm pretty sure Corsair is retiring the Vengeance brand and the K## rgb keyboards coming later this month will branded as Corsair Gaming rather than Vengeance. The logo/emblem on the keyboard is reportedly different.

So apparently Amazon stopped selling these and a new version is coming out with an end of the month release. Concerned new owners of the K70 rgb have been assured their keyboards are fine and new one only has a minor cosmetic change. Per an earlier post, I'm pretty sure Corsair is retiring the Vengeance brand and the K## rgb keyboards coming later this month will branded as Corsair Gaming rather than Vengeance. The logo/emblem on the keyboard is reportedly different.

What are they concerned about? Why the new version? been wanting a k70 rgb and living in Canada and the waiting is frustrating.

If you just heard a loud noise, that was the hype train falling off of a cliff.

I'm keeping mine for now, but I'm going to get one with blues when that comes out, putting all the clear switch casings an my clear ergodox.

People were concerned that a "newer" version of the board was coming out, that perhaps there was something wrong with version that just shipped out this week. The new one may have a slightly diff model number, so people were freaking out, but Corsair is assuring owners of the boards that only change is "cosmetic", reportedly the brand/logo badge is changing, and other than that is the same exact board. No change to the hardware or firmware/software. Firm/software can always be updated anyway if there are changes, but assurance was that the pcb and lighting electronics frame etc is all the same. Blues/browns will have their own model numbers and a new model number for the reds with a different badge is not something to be hung up on.

See this post http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=131958&highlight=k70+rgb

I hope this doesn't affect the K95 Release Schedule, and that the UK gets it at the same time.

Me too, it's going to be my first Mech

Same here :) Im buying it in december as present for myself and excuse to spend £140 for a christmas lights keyboard :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Well hoping I have the money in late September to buy the brown version. I just bought a Shield Tablet and Moto 360 so I have spent quite a bit of money this week.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches