Rate the Photo Above you

On 4/15/2017 at 4:45 AM, Marxtiz said:

I lost track of which was the last photo... but the past few were all awesome xD

Here is mine ;3 Rotten Tomatoes

CONSTANZA TRIP-5.jpg

So it's a photo of a pile of rotten tomatoes on dried grass... what's the symbolism or theme here?

On 4/15/2017 at 2:29 PM, Spawn0202 said:

Not easy to do I think it lacks colure.

A makro of the rotten tomatos would be better to see the degradation of the tomato.

can you give a bit of context? Is this on a  tomato field?

i will give you 5/10

Tupolev TU 144

Sinsheim Germany

IMG_0020-1.JPG

A decent photo but does need a bit of work.  I get that the plane is the central subject of the photo but there are other competing elements that can distract the viewer.

On 4/16/2017 at 6:00 PM, NJEF said:

Plz rate!

P1050052.JPG

Just exactly are we supposed to be looking at here?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

10 hours ago, Emzijs said:

DSC_0027.jpg

It's a good photo, very nice.  Of course there will always be ways to improve it and the key one is the reflection/glare in the car window.  A polarizer filter should help.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

• 2 weeks later...

8/10 good thought in the angles but the reflection on the windows keeps it from being perfect (and the details of the inside).

gift_from_overseas_by_bla777-db4v7i3.jpg

I really like the composition! The monochromatic Back- and Middelground really highlights the colourfull sculpture! Solid 9/10 from me.

HDW 21.04.2017 - 1-2.jpg

On 5/1/2017 at 6:40 PM, ZeBigLOL said:

8/10 good thought in the angles but the reflection on the windows keeps it from being perfect (and the details of the inside).

I find the background far too cluttered personally

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 5/2/2017 at 0:40 AM, ZeBigLOL said:

On 5/3/2017 at 8:39 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I find the background far too cluttered personally

I don't find the background to be too cluttered.  It acts as a contrast, a single colorful object in the foreground (clearly the focus of attention) vs chaotic elements in the background (out of focus, in the distance, clearly not something of interest or focus).

Just now, AkiraDaarkst said:

I don't find the background to be too cluttered.  It acts as a contrast, a single colorful object in the foreground (clearly the focus of attention) vs chaotic elements in the background (out of focus, in the distance, clearly not something of interest or focus).

interesting

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

On 5/2/2017 at 1:40 AM, ZeBigLOL said:

7/10 I like your composition but I would have shot with a faster aperture to get more background-foreground separation. 

22 minutes ago, randomhkkid said:

I like this photo, granted that you posted it on Instacrap.  Night life photo that shows a view of Hong Kong.  Kinda reminds me of Teresa Teng's Nights in Hong Kong.

21 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

I like this photo, granted that you posted it on Instacrap.  Night life photo that shows a view of Hong Kong.  Kinda reminds me of Teresa Teng's Nights in Hong Kong.

Haha sorry I'm on my phone here's fullsize

https://500px.com/photo/209573955/dinner-with-a-view-by-andrew-ginns?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=21967255

4 hours ago, randomhkkid said:

Am I mistaken or are the colours between those two versions significantly different?

41 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Am I mistaken or are the colours between those two versions significantly different?

Nope, I actually misplaced the Instagram post so I re-edited the RAW and chose to take a more cyberpunk/ghost in the shell approach

14 minutes ago, randomhkkid said:

Nope, I actually misplaced the Instagram post so I re-edited the RAW and chose to take a more cyberpunk/ghost in the shell approach

ah, I see

I found some old RAW files in my hdd from a friend's gig back in 2014, while looking for some of my old concert photos from 4-6 years ago, so I thought I'd play in LR a bit.  What do you guys think? 

Μάιος 2017-5.jpg

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

I found some old RAW files in my hdd from a friend's gig back in 2014, while looking for some of my old concert photos from 4-6 years ago, so I thought I'd play in LR a bit.  What do you guys think? 

I feel like there's probably lots of stuff that's "technically wrong" but I can't help but like it.  The colours/lighting, the chrome bits, it all really works for me.

I feel like there's probably lots of stuff that's "technically wrong" but I can't help but like it.  The colours/lighting, the chrome bits, it all really works for me.

That was my reaction too, I played around with 15 images from the bunch today, this was not the most technically appealing to me either, but for some reason I like it. 

Looking at these though, I just understand more and more the difference 3 years and a FF sensor make! On the 50d, I would, even in these cases (extremely low light) limit myself to up to 1600 ISO, end up with pretty noisy photos, and end up with a huge % of throwaways because of motion blur at 1/20th. The f/5.6 aperture doesn't help that much either. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Μάιος 2017-5.jpg

I dont really like it, its to cluttered for my taste. 5/10

This is me trying to do some sort of "product shot" of a thing I had laying around. I know the lighting isnt ideal, but I used what I had.
34009805075_03be1b74e7_k.jpgBearing Product shot by Mihle Photography

pssst. The "light" I used is actually a monitor at full brightness.....

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

*snip*

That's a lot of blank black area... needs to be cropped in imo

That's a lot of blank black area... needs to be cropped in imo

Oh, yeah, probably... I dont know why I didnt see it...  Its seems so obvius.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

On 5/10/2017 at 7:41 AM, cc143 said:

Μάιος 2017-5.jpg

Good photo, I like the funky colors and it doesn't really matter if it's technically perfect or not.  You're taking a photo in a location where you do not have any control over the lighting.  Did you take more photos of the same guy from different angles?  If not, always take photos from different angles.  Take a lot of photos and then decide in post which ones look nice.

18 hours ago, Mihle said:

I dont really like it, its to cluttered for my taste. 5/10

This is me trying to do some sort of "product shot" of a thing I had laying around. I know the lighting isnt ideal, but I used what I had.
34009805075_03be1b74e7_k.jpgBearing Product shot by Mihle Photography

pssst. The "light" I used is actually a monitor at full brightness.....

Yeah as previously commented by someone else, a lot of darkness that should be cropped out.  But one advice for product photography, sometimes it's better to get a better exposure and then create the shadows in post.

18 hours ago, Mihle said:

I dont really like it, its to cluttered for my taste

It's probably due to the fact that he's photographing at a location where he cannot control the set or lighting.  He could try taking photos from different angles and see if there is a spot that shows less clutter, but unless you're actually being asked to photograph the drummer to create a promotional photograph in which case the photography will be done with the musicians posing, photographing when they're actually playing the instruments is pretty much out of your control on how they place the stage gear, instruments, etc. and the lighting.

2 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

It's probably due to the fact that he's photographing at a location where he cannot control the set or lighting.  He could try taking photos from different angles and see if there is a spot that shows less clutter, but unless you're actually being asked to photograph the drummer to create a promotional photograph in which case the photography will be done with the musicians posing, photographing when they're actually playing the instruments is pretty much out of your control on how they place the stage gear, instruments, etc. and the lighting.

I know, but still, I dont like it. That the stands and stuff is too shiny for me too.

2 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Yeah as previously commented by someone else, a lot of darkness that should be cropped out.  But one advice for product photography, sometimes it's better to get a better exposure and then create the shadows in post.

I did already make the dark parts darker, but probably. I am still a noob, both taking photos, and editing.
The picture was taken in far from ideal place. I have limited lighting, and stuff to use to play around with. The wall is actually sort gray-light gray, and therefore it was hard to make it black with the lighting I had. I will try to take it again, but make it better :)

-Stephen Hawking