Rock Band 4 Problems

MrAuto

Hey guys, I've had the worst experience with rock band in the past. I ordered a full rockband 4 kit off of ebay and got everything, except for one guitar. Instead they gave me a guitar hero guitar. Is there any way that I can get it to pair up with rock band and get that to work? I'm running it on a ps5 if that's any help.

34 minutes ago, MrAuto said:

Hey guys, I've had the worst experience with rock band in the past. I ordered a full rockband 4 kit off of ebay and got everything, except for one guitar. Instead they gave me a guitar hero guitar. Is there any way that I can get it to pair up with rock band and get that to work? I'm running it on a ps5 if that's any help.

no, if it isn't a ps4 model of controller it won't work afaik without extra items. you need the dongle for your guitar for the ps3 to make it work(Double check compatibility before buying anything). otherwise if you buy a rock band 4 ps4 guitar, it will work without a dongle via Bluetooth. i play on series x, so can't say it will be 100% the same, but i have both the rb4 strat controllers, and a bunch of guitar hero controllers(used through legacy adapter), and the rock band 4 controllers work much better. they all have there pro's and con's, but the rock band 4 controller tends to be more reliable, frets easier to move across, and #1 for me is overdrive activation works correctly every time, where the guitar hero guitars are a very mixed bag when it comes to overdrive working correctly. another thing to add would be make sure you have rivals, the standard non rivals rb4 is a very bare-bones game missing a lot of feature like online play...

one thing to add, if you get really into the game, and use the rb4 strat controller, this is a massive strum bar upgrade worth keeping in mind imho:

https://www.bytearts.com/strumfixplus

So I have a dongle for it, but every time I try to put both into pairing mode they don't connect with each other. They both say guitar hero and the ebay seller sold them to me together. My guitar is a ps3 guitar hero guitar that's black and has Gibson logos on it, and the dongle is shaped like a guitar pick. Is it the right dongle, and if it is how do I fix the connection issues, and if it isn't is there one anyone recommends. Or at this point should I just buy a new guitar and if so, which one for preferably not over $100

Contact the seller, if this is a used setup, ask how he got it going.

Or send it back to them and either get a partial refund or ask for the right part

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on any volunteer's post to thank them if they helped .(lower left, just to the right of My Computer )