Console OS... A competitor to steam OS?

Shd0w2

Personally been waiting for Google to make Android a unified experience across all platforms (PC, phone and tablet) and this brings it close. Can always trust community developers to do the work. 

It actually won't require that much. Google can tie all of its services together using Drive, effectively syncing between any PC (Windows, OSX or Linux), Android devices, and to an extent, Apple devices. 

Funny how some people want Android to be a unified experience across platforms, but when Microsoft does it, people shit bricks ;)

Though on topic. I really don't see the point of this OS. It's certainly not a SteamOS competitor unless they're somehow going to convince AAA devs to port to YET ANOTHER OS, and the lack of Steam Streaming will also hurt.

What can this do that a Windows PC can't? Or even a popular distro like Ubuntu? Run Android games on your PC? Why would you even want to do that? You've got Shield and Ouya already for playing Android games on a big screen.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Or you could use this on windows and call it a day. http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Lol, but its still going to get funded by people who think playing candy crush makes them a gamer.

I find myself depressed how many people liked this statement.

Let people buy what they want and play what they find fun. Thats what gaming is about.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

If it has touchscreen support for Surfaces and SMART boards (which I use my PC for a lot and Androidx86 just isn't cutting it) I'm willing to put a lot into this. 

"Rawr XD"

Let people buy what they want and play what they find fun. Thats what gaming is about.

There is truth here in the sense that playing a specific "genre" of game doesn't qualify OR disqualify you from being a "gamer". Mobile gamers are still gamers. Maybe not what we might define as a "Hardcore" gamer, but never the less, they're still gamers.

Hell, people playing cow clickers (Farmville and the like) are even technically gamers, whether you despise the game or not.

I see this thrown around a lot, AND even targeting Console gamers (As if you have to be #PCMASTERRACE just to be a gamer?). I'd say PC Gamers are becoming so freaking arrogant lately, but it's really always been the case that a small VERY VOCAL minority of PC Gamers has always acted this way.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Candy crush was a rip of a game. King, the owners of Candy Crush, has sued the game they ripped which was made before Candy Crush, and sued/censored everyone with the words candy, crush, or saga in their name. Like the banner saga. 

Sorry we're not fans of these scumbag mobile developers. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Candy crush was a rip of a game. King, the owners of Candy Crush, has sued the game they ripped which was made before Candy Crush, and sued/censored everyone with the words candy, crush, or saga in their name. Like the banner saga. 

Sure... okay... And what does that have to do with Gamers exactly? Bad business practices don't mean a game suddenly isn't a game. And the many many many many users who play such a game are still gamers...

That's like saying people who play Battlefield 4 aren't gamers, because EA is a douche sometimes? what? That's a very illogical conclusion.

Sure... okay... And what does that have to do with Gamers exactly? Bad business practices don't mean a game suddenly isn't a game. And the many many many many users who play such a game are still gamers...

That's like saying people who play Battlefield 4 aren't gamers, because EA is a douche sometimes? what? That's a very illogical conclusion.

I never said they weren't gamers. I just said understand the hate. It's also a "Filthy casuals" kinda thing. People fear that AAA games will decline or something. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

So just like with EA and Ubisoft you can dislike companies and still not put down people who play their games. Hell its worse than that, its like saying because EA is a shitty company anyone who plays ANY game on PC isnt a gamer.

Come on people think this shit through. This is why PC gamers have such a horrible rep for being arrogant assholes.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I was preparing to rant how pointless it is to make an OS for consoles since they are already running decent versions of Linux and then realized this is even more pointless.

We've rebuilt Android™ to be a primary operating system for your PC

This makes less sense than that potato salad fundraiser.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

So just like with EA and Ubisoft you can dislike companies and still not put down people who play their games. Hell its worse than that, its like saying because EA is a shitty company anyone who plays ANY game on PC isnt a gamer.

Come on people think this shit through. This is why PC gamers have such a horrible rep for being arrogant assholes.

I never said they weren't gamers. I just said understand the hate. It's also a "Filthy casuals" kinda thing. People fear that AAA games will decline or something. 

Please read before you post. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Funny how some people want Android to be a unified experience across platforms, but when Microsoft does it, people shit bricks ;)

Microsoft made the mistake of bringing a tablet interface to the desktop. That's not exactly the unified experience that works, each platform still needs to be unique in their interface, but still integrated. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Microsoft made the mistake of bringing a tablet interface to the desktop. That's not exactly the unified experience that works, each platform still needs to be unique in their interface, but still integrated. 

Sure but "unified experience" and "unique interface" are counter productive terms. If you had said "unique interface but still integrated" from the beginning I would've agreed with you, but the experience isn't "unified" if there are different UI's (Especially massively different as needs to be the case with Touch vs KB/M)

Sure but "unified experience" and "unique interface" are counter productive terms. If you had said "unique interface but still integrated" from the beginning I would've agreed with you, but the experience isn't "unified" if there are different UI's (Especially massively different as needs to be the case with Touch vs KB/M)

"Unified" doesn't necessarily mean identical. It simply means they work together, seamlessly. That can still be retained with appropriate interfaces for each platform. Microsoft didn't use the appropriate interface for the desktop. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Lol, but its still going to get funded by people who think playing candy crush makes them a gamer.

:lol:

Soo... It's Android for PCs... Not an actual Console OS... That's a terrible naming scheme.

Definitely a terrible naming scheme... -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |