THE APPLE DILEMMA

Ebenesh

I wrote this section for anyone who are considering to get an Apple product but wonder if it is worth spending all that cash.... Do check it out... 

Share your thoughts too :)

THE APPLE DILEMMA
Apple is a company that has made a name for itself for having exquisite ID (Industrial Design) as well has a price tag to match. A common dilemma that many of us who can afford to buy an Apple device is if it is a worthy investment apart from it being a symbol of status. Usually a Mac is compared to that of a Windows PC and an iOS device is usually compared to an Android device. So how do you decide ? How would you be able to make a logical decision in a case where practicality is of the essence and not just the bling bling.

10_1024x1024.jpg
Read on here: http://wp.me/p4LMRE-6

Mac's don't work better if you have the entire eco system, they run perfectly fine on their own. It works well with an iPhone, an iPad or and AirPort, but is in no way dependent on any of them. The same does not necessarily go the other way around though.

Every product has it's place and although I don't personally need any Apple devices for anything then for the tasks that I do the most (Gaming) they do render out to be overpriced which does't mean that they are bad machines. I'm guessing most of us here are in that situation. If you do media oriented tasks then from my knowledge Macs or at least OSX is a good platform to use. Although it may be cheaper to build a Hackingtosh but some people just simply don't want to deal with the hassle that building one many cause or they don't know about the option of building a Hackingtosh. I've never heard anyone complain about Macs too much in terms of how they are built or how they perform so for some it may be the best way to get one as long as you have a good reason to get it over rival's products. I'm pretty neutral about Macs or even Apple products in general and I can see their place but I personally don't need anything that Apple offers over their rivals and other companies let me do things that I care more for like gaming and applications that I'm used to using.

In the US maybe,just maybe.

But here where the Mackbook Air starts at $1500...heck no.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

A lot of people will give you a different opinion, but here's mine (which of course I believe is right).

Apple devices are not worth the money for a consumer. You and I have no benefit whatsoever from getting an Apple computer, in fact we are just spending more money for no reason if we do. They justify this with industrial design and fancy brandings like "retina" which only widen the gap between standard technology and their proprietary one (the iPhone's "retina" screen fits no standard ever and suffers from scaling in movies), but ultimately the bottom line is that you're paying way more for no reason. Maybe it IS more expensive for them to produce these pcs, but to the costumer that makes no difference and if the others can present compelling prices, maybe Apple should fall in line and try to push better value instead of constantly trying to justify absurd pricings. You can build a 600$ pc including a good monitor with the same horsepower as a 1100$ mac.

If you have enough money to buy a mac, I strongly advise you get a custom built pc for that money instead. You can get something that is sometimes up to twice as powerful for the same money if not less. So please, don't buy a mac unless you are a creative professional who absolutely needs a certain program that works better on mac os.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Another macbook pro is looking like a very good choice for my next laptop. Either that or the dell xps 12

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

When mobile devices are concerned, I almost always only buy Apple products. The few exceptions were Android phones back when they were ATT only (And when I tried a Note II), and an Alienware computer I bought two years ago to play games with the now ex girlfriend. 

But for phones, I just want one thats very smooth and fast while being small enough to be a phone. I don't need a huge phone with tons of hand waving features. Jailbreaking opens up as many possibilities as I could possibly want. The Note II for example, was just a hassle. I didn't care that it had more customization options than iPhone, the size made it terrible for me. 

For tablets, I tried a Nexus 10 once. Proceeded to give it to my sister and bought an iPad Air. Too many issues with that tablet to list. 

For laptops, I use a Macbook Pro. It's light, strong enough for a laptop, beautiful screen, amazing battery life and amazing build quality. Syncs very well with my iPhone and iPad over iCloud. 

For my desktop, I obviously built it myself and it runs windows. I do game and am not delusional to the lack of gaming prowess macs have. But for every product I get what I think will do the job best for me personally. 

The trackpad is the reason I go apple for a laptop, OSX has far better integration/support for trackpad. When I use a trackpad in windows it makes me want to punch a baby when basic stuff like two finger scrolling is janky as hell.

But for phones, I just want one thats very smooth and fast while being small enough to be a phone.

I can understand that. But you can get that experience from a 140$ huawei phone too.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm completley unbiased, I've owned both an OSX computer and a Windows Computer.  Windows is nice to tinker with and has all the compatibility you'll need but if all you want to do is do something and do it right and problem-free. I beileve a Mac is the best choice.  Apple has a limited ammount of different models.  This allows them to illuminate bugs much faster, and Apple controls the system which for someone like me can make it hard and frustraiting but for someone who is in college and if they get a BSOD or Windows fails or something they are screwed.  A Mac can be good.  

I can understand that. But you can get that experience from a 140$ huawei phone too.

yeah, but its like my Sister.  She always uses Apple products because she spent litterally over $5000 on apps, music and games over the years and so if she leaves its all lost.  Which is why I use Android, Android also can give refunds so if I spent $10 for a virus app and I can get a refund.  

yeah, but its like my Sister.  She always uses Apple products because she spent litterally over $5000 on apps, music and games over the years and so if she leaves its all lost.  Which is why I use Android, Android also can give refunds so if I spent $10 for a virus app and I can get a refund.  

5000 bucks? WOAH O.o yeah, at that point 750$ more or less don't make a difference... I never buy mobile apps, I make do with free ones exactly because I don't want to bind myself to a certain ecosystem.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

honestly its not worth it if you dont have a ecosystem.  

that being said, it work seamlessly with my phone and virtually anything i connect to it

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

The trackpad is the reason I go apple for a laptop, OSX has far better integration/support for trackpad. When I use a trackpad in windows it makes me want to punch a baby when basic stuff like two finger scrolling is janky as hell.

Then don't use trackpads use a mouse like every one else :) (not trying to sound harse)

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Then don't use trackpads use a mouse like every one else :) (not trying to sound harse)

Don't want to carry a mouse around with me, and I often use my laptop [gasp] on my lap.

I didn't buy a laptop as light and portable as a mba to carry around a mouse :P

And the touchpad on this machine has been so great, I don't feel the need for a mouse at all. If the touchpad on your laptop (well windows laptops don't necessarily have bad touchpad hardware, its usually the windows OS touchpad support/drivers that suck) is so bad that you feel the need to use a mouse all the time, then there's a problem IMO.

People give me shit for having the mother of all 17" in my MBP and spending so much, said people fail to realize that once you cross into a certain set of specs you're paying out the ass anyways. AT the time, a 1200p, 17", dual bay capable laptop made from aluminum cost roughly the same no matter where you got it from. 

I've had this 4 years now, swapped out the RAM once and HDD to SSD once. Worth it? Absofuckinglutely. This is a quad core beast that can let me edit on the go and not lose a step in productivity. Worth all the $$$$ in the world to me. Might not be worth it to you, but that doesn't invalidate either sides opinion; so people need to stop acting like one side is better than the other when it comes to this kind of stuff. 

In the US maybe,just maybe.

But here where the Mackbook Air starts at $1500...heck no.

It's funny how Apple gives the impression that they are bigger than they actually are in the computer market by simply having a noticeable presence in the USA. In reality they are almost non-existent if you look at the global figures.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

It's funny how Apple gives the impression that they are bigger than they actually are in the computer market by simply having a noticeable presence in the USA. In reality they are almost non-existent if you look at the global figures.

I've mentioned the figures many times, but to be honest I have never considered that a raised profile in the US would be the reason behind many of the wrong statements people sometimes make.  But it is true non the less.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Mac's don't work better if you have the entire eco system, they run perfectly fine on their own. It works well with an iPhone, an iPad or and AirPort, but is in no way dependent on any of them. The same does not necessarily go the other way around though.

What I meant was a Mac is good on it's own but better with the entire ecosystem.

At the moment U can get a similar experience with something like a motoE on the UX side but not all apps are designed to run buttery smooth on lower end hardware. Optimization is key and it seems to be something Android is lacking due to the open support for any ARM based hardware there is no specific optimization for each type of hardware.

Am I the only one that is sick of all the Apple threads?.... 

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

I work in IT at a school, and we give Mac's to all our students.  It's gotten so bad now that they want to give out iPad mini's instead of actual laptops, which raises questions over how learning content can be delivered for IT, art and graphics students.  I've been preaching this since it was announced but nobody seems to care.

Shitty thing is it's gonna fall back on me when teachers start complaining about not being able to use Adobe Creative Suite, or AutoCAD.

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

I work in IT at a school, and we give Mac's to all our students.  It's gotten so bad now that they want to give out iPad mini's instead of actual laptops, which raises questions over how learning content can be delivered for IT, art and graphics students.  I've been preaching this since it was announced but nobody seems to care.

Shitty thing is it's gonna fall back on me when teachers start complaining about not being able to use Adobe Creative Suite, or AutoCAD.

Sounds like the governance or IT manager of the school needs to get some decent advice.  All the public schools in Victoria I've worked in use thinkpads and ipads.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

From my own experience I can say that the Macbook 13" and the ipad air have the best battery life I have ever seen on a device.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |