THE APPLE DILEMMA

Ebenesh

This is why we have some awesome options such as going to Ebay or Craigslist and getting one sometimes for much less than what they are going for now. I have bought tons of Apple stuff via craigslist and I saved tons of money by doing so, as long as you know what you are doing and do not get scammed and actually check out the product before you buy it.

It's funny how Apple gives the impression that they are bigger than they actually are in the computer market by simply having a noticeable presence in the USA. In reality they are almost non-existent if you look at the global figures.

Yes.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

It's funny how Apple gives the impression that they are bigger than they actually are in the computer market by simply having a noticeable presence in the USA. In reality they are almost non-existent if you look at the global figures.

Could you define what makes a company "big"? .. Is it revenue?, The number of devices in use/produced?, The install base? or Global brand value perhaps? 

And could you provide these global figures that you talk about?  

FRACTAL DESIGN R4 / AMD FX 8350 / NVIDIA GTX 770 / ASUS SABERTOOTH FX990 R2

MacBook Pro (2011) w. Samsung 840 PRO & 16 GB Corsair Ram

Could you define what makes a company "big"? .. Is it revenue?, The number of devices in use/produced?, The install base? or Global brand value perhaps? 

How about you just take look at the number of computers sold worldwide and see how many of them are from Apple.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

How about you just take look at the number of computers sold worldwide and see how many of them are from Apple.

So your point is that, company-size should be measured in product-quantity? That's fine, (even when you don't provide any data, and now tells me to spend time helping you make your argument valid), it's very likely that other manufactures makes and sales more devices, and even more likely that Windows have an enormous install-base compared to OS X.

What I tried to illustrate, was that size aren't necessarily about pure production and sales - Just as quality aren't just about pure specs. You made a lot of clams in your argument, I just wanted to know that you meant by the size-part of it, so we could have a debate where we know what each other meant. 

So your point is that, company-size should be measured in product-quantity? That's fine, (even when you don't provide any data, and now tells me to spend time helping you make your argument valid), it's very likely that other manufactures makes and sales more devices, and even more likely that Windows have an enormous install-base compared to OS X.

What I tried to illustrate, was that size aren't necessarily about pure production and sales - Just as quality aren't just about pure specs. You made a lot of clams in your argument, I just wanted to know that you meant by the size-part of it, so we could have a debate where we know what each other meant. 

I never talked about the size of Apple or how valuable they are. I know that Apple makes more money than a lot of PC manufacturers by producing less computers.

I said Apple doesn't sell as many units outside of America. That is why if you go outside America you won't find many Macs. Ergo, it's almost like they are non-existent. You understand what I said now?

You want source? Check the Wikipedia, or ask Apple, even they will tell you. Or literally ask a rock. A rock will give you this basic information.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

This is going to turn into a flame war very fast.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The trackpad is the reason I go apple for a laptop, OSX has far better integration/support for trackpad. When I use a trackpad in windows it makes me want to punch a baby when basic stuff like two finger scrolling is janky as hell.

The trackpad on a MAC is amazing yes, way better than my Y50. But there is no getting away from the fact that it is a track pad and I hate all of them and use a mouse when I can and that is just about always.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

This is true, there are many ways to rate the performance of a product or brand,  however unless the category distribution is relevant to the discussion, neither will the statistic. E.G  Apple has 4% of the os market and less than 6% of global pc shipments,  This figure cannot be used to determine individual  product performance, but it can be used to understand product in comparison to HP (16.2%) and Lenovo (16.9%).  And by extension if the statistical gap is wide enough in general terms the suitability can also be determined.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This is true, there are many ways to rate the performance of a product or brand,  however unless the category distribution is relevant to the discussion, neither will the statistic. E.G  Apple has 4% of the os market and less than 6% of global pc shipments,  This figure cannot be used to determine individual  product performance, but it can be used to understand product in comparison to HP (16.2%) and Lenovo (16.9%).  And by extension if the statistical gap is wide enough in general terms the suitability can also be determined.

Thank you, sir.  :)