AMD To Relaunch FX-9590 Flagship Piledriver Processor With All-In-One Liquid Cooling System At $360 US

Dietrichw

Source

Source2

The FX-9590 processor which is based on the high-performance 32nm x86 Piledriver architecture was launched a year ago in June 2013. Back at that time, the processor became the first to achieve the 5 GHz core frequency as a standard operating clock speed however was met with criticism due to a price of $999 US and a 220W TDP for which the processor became unfit for regular air-cooled systems. In addition to that, the 5 GHz clock frequency although a huge figure in clocks still couldn’t out-perform the mid-range Ivy Bridge-E offering which offers more performance due to a better optimized architecture and process design (32nm vs 22nm).

Featuring support on the AM3+ socketed motherboards which are specially designed to fit these 220W monsters, the FX-9590 processor packs 8 cores and 8 threads with 8 MB of L3 cache, core clock of 4.7 GHz and boost clock of 5.0 GHz. The processor packs a TDP of 220W which is higher then Intel’s first 8 core Haswell-E offering that will arrive in Q3 2014 with a TDP of 140W. At launch, AMD launched the FX-9590 and aggressively pitted it against the Ivy Bridge-E lineup which it failed to match and cut it down to the $300 – $350 US range in the following months. The processor can be bought for $320 US on retail stores around the world while the $360 US boxed variant which is arriving soon will be optimized for enthusiasts at only $40 US more cost.

e73d936d4c86b961c2393218016d703a.png

That is the longest thread title I have seen. 

And one of the smallest posts.

i'm a potato

Plus, WCCFTech is the source so take as grain of salt.

Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope.....

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

The FX series titles are too good... 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

It's as if AMD doesn't even care any more about CPUs.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

More info in the title than the thread. 

† TTCF Member †

It's as if AMD doesn't even care any more about CPUs.

That's why they're done with the FX series. 

† TTCF Member †

sorry I was failing at first due to only have had one cup of coffee so far, and later text color wasn't getting along with me so many edits were involved

220W TDP?!?!? No thanks, I already have one oven.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That's why they're done with the FX series.

Such a shame, back in the pentium 4 days they were kickass. 2 GHz Athlon 64's completely destroyed 3 GHz P4's...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

._. Anyone who already had a FX-9590 and wasn't pretty dumb already had a liquid cooler on it, or maybe, just a big air cooler. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I just want to see a nice CPU (NO APU) from amd. Can it be that hard?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

How is AMD's top of the line processors still using 32 nm technology when Intel is currently using 22 nm technology and releasing 14 nm technology in the new processors late this year.

I guess that's why they use so much wattage and run hot.

I just want to see a nice CPU (NO APU) from amd. Can it be that hard?

I guess so

not bad not bad

>WaRRioR_ would like quake full and final....will trade vital organs.\"

5960x, rampage v extreme, 2x 16Gb ddr4 g skil 2400mhz ram, 2x 2tb black WD, 4x samsung pro 256Gb, 3x gtx 980 evga superclocked, Corsair ax1200w, define r4, noctua nhd15, 4x dell u2412m....

How is AMD's top of the line processors still using 32 nm technology when Intel is currently using 22 nm technology and releasing 14 nm technology in the new processors late this year.

I guess that's why they use so much wattage and run hot.

They don't have their own fabs. They had to sell them to GlobalFoundries.