AMD To Relaunch FX-9590 Flagship Piledriver Processor With All-In-One Liquid Cooling System At $360 US

Dietrichw

Come on, don't be like that. No shit they are all technically the same as an "apu". He means he wants AMD to stop pouring all their R&D into their apu-line of processors and concentrate more on their high-end processors.

And FX-series processors don't have on-die graphics, so they aren't in fact apu's.

AMD isn't going to throw away their APU work, the next "big" x86 processor from AMD will be an APU 100% guaranteed.

"The world's most retarded chip just got dumber!" 

That's what the press material should say. 

Sorry team red, I still love you (under $150 anyway) but c'mon.

no you said it was 8350 at 5.4 GHZ

this man down your post was only person who exactly said what was that AMD new thing!

It's either the FX 8350 with a liquid cooler bundled or the 9590. I don't think it'll be anything new.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Some people cant afford to spend $300 on a CPU and then another $150 on a good motherboard so that is why AMD is still recommended once Intel pulls their head out of their asses and lowers their prices then I'm sure AMD will be gone but until then there are people on tight budgets who would like a multi-core CPU to ply some of their favorite games

The problem is that with AMD allegedly failing out of the high end desktop CPUs there will be no competition to intel , and they will probably just price hike even more.

plus competition = advances. if AMD stop doing good desktop CPU/APUs we will probably have some significant stagnation until someone else steps up to the plate and tries to take on intel.

on the original subject.... thats just silly id just buy a 8350 and OC it to the same point  

CPU: AMD Fx-8370 @ 4.8 Ghz MoBo: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z GPU: Msi Gtx 770 'gaming' RAM 16GB kingston hyperX fury  PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: Corsair H55 Case: Corsair 760T
I want the most powerful PC in the world.... and ill still just play Dota on it 

Is this what the countdown was supposedly for?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |