AMD To Relaunch FX-9590 Flagship Piledriver Processor With All-In-One Liquid Cooling System At $360 US

Dietrichw

This meme will never get old apparently,since stupid wont go away...ever.

463px-Facepalm.png

I was hoping for an actual new product or better implementation, this is still sadly not much better than 8320 which is at least priced a lot better.

-------

Current Rig

-------

So...I'm pretty much waiting for Steamroller and Excavator here.

So...I'm pretty much waiting for Steamroller and Excavator here.

and you will probably get none. but will wait for the new "FX" that will supposudly get IPC up, and consumption down.

(still wish they would call it Phenom)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

So amd has nothing new up they're sleeve for FX, I get that. But could they at least give us what they already do have, an 8 core apu with 1.8 tflops gpu. Is that so much to ask?

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Wtf man. I was secretly hoping they'd have a new line of FX CPU's with better single core performance. I should have known better.

I mean 360 dollars for a chip binned that well and a AIO isn't terrible value. But I just don't see much sense investing in an AM3+ CPU or mobo. Doubt it's going to last much longer.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Didn't the 9590 ship with an All in one cooler from AMD at one point? I don't see how this is new.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Not true AMD has announced that they are killing the AM3/AM3+ socket

ANY AMD SOCKET OR CPU is DEAD!!!! fuck this shit. in 2014 when intel is going to release 8 core i7 5960x with 16 threads they are releasing the same CPU with better cooling that has architecture from 2010-2011 LOL and some noobs here still suggest people to buy AMD CPUs LOL

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

That is the longest thread title I have seen. 

I've seen longer... *cough* *cough*

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

ANY AMD SOCKET OR CPU is DEAD!!!! fuck this shit. in 2014 when intel is going to release 8 core i7 5960x with 16 threads they are releasing the same CPU with better cooling that has architecture from 2010-2011 LOL and some noobs here still suggest people to buy AMD CPUs LOL

You made Genesis mad since he likes red. Therefore, he likes AMD.  :lol:

Genesis-3-genesis-final-fantasy-7-fan-cl

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

220 TDP?

Do I need to move even further north just to use this during the summer without breaking something? 

220 TDP?

Do I need to move even further north just to use this during the summer without breaking something? 

You'd just cause global warming and prove Al Gore right along with flooding the world and murdering millions of innocent seals, penguins, polar bears, arctic foxes, wolves, orca, and other animals. Hey, at least you stopped the menace known as humanity. Maybe the next sentient species of sea elves will be more aware and harmonious with their surroundings. I doubt it, but whatever.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I see this as just a cheap way to refresh the FX series that everyone's forgotten about. I won't be buying one. No matter what clock speed you put it at, I guarantee that it still competes with a first-gen i7.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Again, why the hell does everyone think this is true lol. I mean I would be really disappointed if this were true, but remember, its a rumor and from WCCFTech no less. Over half these posts are assuming that this is completely true lol. Then again, I don't want to believe this (I like AMD btw, but lately, there hasn't been anything to like, except for the Kaveri APUs for cheap gaming rigs)

and you will probably get none. but will wait for the new "FX" that will supposudly get IPC up, and consumption down.

(still wish they would call it Phenom)

they might i mean FX has had some bad rep the last couple of years they might release their new x86 arch as Phenom see how it performs then with refinements bring back the FX name , and if they had a SR FX lineup it should have been out by now.. 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

I just want to see a nice CPU (NO APU) from amd. Can it be that hard?

All CPUs are APUs now.

Some people cant afford to spend $300 on a CPU and then another $150 on a good motherboard so that is why AMD is still recommended once Intel pulls their head out of their asses and lowers their prices then I'm sure AMD will be gone but until then there are people on tight budgets who would like a multi-core CPU to ply some of their favorite games

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

I'm still waiting for the 9590 that comes bundled with a liquid nitrogen starter kit

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

All CPUs are APUs now.

Come on, don't be like that. No shit they are all technically the same as an "apu". He means he wants AMD to stop pouring all their R&D into their apu-line of processors and concentrate more on their high-end processors.

And FX-series processors don't have on-die graphics, so they aren't in fact apu's.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

At this price, it would be better to just buy an i7.  :o