Glass tubing water cooling loop.

Trik'Stari

*COMING SOON*

Just a little teaser here, in a month or two when I have the $ for the tubing and the hardline fittings I will be attempting (from what I can tell) the first ever glass tubing water cooling loop using either flint glass or borosilicate glass tubing. B) :P

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Will it be in this thread?

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

my only question is why? glass is prone to breaking when it drops whilest acrylic isnt, 

glass also has a higher melting point and is generally harder to work with then acrylic.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

my only question is why? glass is prone to breaking when it drops whilest acrylic isnt, 

glass also has a higher melting point and is generally harder to work with then acrylic.

Because it will look FREAKING EPIC!!!!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Because it will look FREAKING EPIC!!!!

it will look identically the same as acrylic, so yea, theres that

glass

https://azpatioheaters.com/image.php?type=T&id=114

and acrylic

http://www.delviesplastics.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/acrylic_tube_1

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

51432833.jpg

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

-snip-

as posted before, it looks identically the same, so its just doing something the hard way for no reason.

as posted before, it looks identically the same, so its just doing something the hard way for no reason.

I think it's original. I'd love to see it. Borosilicate is pretty tough and can handle any temperature a custom loop can through at it anyway.

I think it's original. I'd love to see it. Borosilicate is pretty tough and can handle any temperature a custom loop can through at it anyway.

its original, but there is no real reason for it, 

i didnt say that glass has a melting point that is too low, i said its to high, and hard to bend without having kinks in your tube, and yes i have experience bending glass tubes, i do chemistry and we once had to make our own setup.

1. According to Luka glass will actually look better.

2. Yes this thread.

3. Glass is not that much harder to work with if you take your time and have a propane torch, it can be snapped with a file as well.

4. The main advantage is yes looks, but also that glass does not stain, does not react with most things, and in general if never broken will last forever. plastics do last a long time, but glass lasts forever (to my knowledge, at least thats what we learned in school, that it does not biodegrade)

5. because no one to my knowledge has done it before. Also because glass offers a slight savings when you consider that it can be joined to itself reliably, and altered in ways acrylic cannot (i.e. blowing into it and making big chambers, you could make a balling ass custom reservoir if you really learned glass blowing)

I would like to say that I do expect a lot of hiccups along the way, especially fitting it all together. I have never worked with glass before but I do know how to use a torch, and thanks to the ever growing pothead community there are a crap load of glass working video's on youtube.

The system this is being done to is a cheapo build (my first pc build) that is going to be replaced with something much better, so nothing precious will be lost if it does fail catastrophically.

I'll be using monsoon hardline fittings and either borosilicate or flint glass tubing, 12.7mm OD with a wall thickness of either 1.2 or 1.6mm depending on whats in stock on amazon when I have the money. Also aloooooooooot of patience.

I'll be pretty disappointed if it doesn't go ahead now that you've made this thread and announced it to the world.

If it truly is the first glass tubed build, I'm guessing there's a reason no ones done it before.

Probably massively expensive and the tubes cracking at the slightest movement :P

its original, but there is no real reason for it, 

i didnt say that glass has a melting point that is too low, i said its to high, and hard to bend without having kinks in your tube, and yes i have experience bending glass tubes, i do chemistry and we once had to make our own setup.

I know that's not what you said bruh. I was just stating that borosilicate glass would be a good material too. It's something different and I like the idea, even if there's 'no real reason for it'. If you don't see the need for it, that's fine too. ;)

It should be able to withstand it, in the video I watched on how to snap cut it the chemist actually had to score it a bit deeper before he could snap it and he looked like he was trying a bit.

ten pack of 12.7mm glass tubing measuring 11.5 inches long for $17.85 US.

http://www.amazon.com/12-7mm-1-6mm-Simax-Borosilicate-Tubing/dp/B00J0GT0ZQ/ref=sr_1_10?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1403323534&sr=1-10&keywords=12.7mm+glass+tubing

As someone who has actually had glassblowing done on custom parts, I think you are making a mistake. You need a wide open space and a lot of practice for bending glass tubing, especially at the diameters you are thinking about. It looks no different than acrylic once coolant is in.

I have a garage with more than enough space to bend some glass tubing that can be bent with a simple torch, although the one in this vid is probably expensive, the same flame could easily be achieved with a propane+oxy setup from lowes..

Sounds like an interesting project, I like seeing things that haven't been done before :)

Thanks for your support @EveryoneHatesMe who's imagination isn't dead :P

To those who nay say, I just think glass opens up a world of possibilities that wouldn't work with plastic. With the correct bends and fittings you could create a very low turbulence system (although this could be doable with acrylic.

But again the point its looks, hasnt been done before, longevity, and because reasons.

Why does everyone else seem to dream so small? Does no one else like the idea of a pointless glass coil condenser filled with UV coolant? Or even frosted glass tubing for that nice cold look?

It will be. It...will.....be.....

*COMING SOON*

Just a little teaser here, in a month or two when I have the $ for the tubing and the hardline fittings I will be attempting (from what I can tell) the first ever glass tubing water cooling loop using either flint glass or borosilicate glass tubing. B) :P

don't hate me but why you did not make the thread when you have the cash? 

Larkooler water cooling kit will be the base for components, then monsoon 1\2in Hardline fittings.

the PC itself is nothing impressive, just an fm2 board, cheap apu, evga gtx660, adata 1600 ram. This is going to be more of a proof of concept than anything else, I'll probably keep the lines fairly simple this time around. Although if I can put in a coil or 2 I will, depends on whether or not I can find glass tubes longer than 11.5in.

anyone think its a waste of time and or glass to set up the loop on its own first to see if it will work?

it will look identically the same as acrylic, so yea, theres that

glass

https://azpatioheaters.com/image.php?type=T&id=114

and acrylic

http://www.delviesplastics.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/acrylic_tube_1

It wouldn't look the same at all, IRL you can spot the difference between acrylic and glass from a mile off, thats why linus has a glass side panel.

Also,your comment about glass being prone to breaking when drops...who drops a PC?

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

And because I felt like it. That's why there's a "dream" or "on hold" status for build logs. Also because I wanted to see how much interest there would be in such a build.