Glass tubing water cooling loop.

Trik'Stari

It wouldn't look the same at all, IRL you can spot the difference between acrylic and glass from a mile off, thats why linus has a glass side panel.

Glass is a bit more reflective, thats all, its transparent, there really isnt that big a difference, def for all the extra effort youre gonna be putting in

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

There is a big difference, glass not only like better it doesn't stain, or react with coolant, also it allows for alot more possibilities with how you run your loop. Glass can do things plastic cannot. And as for fragility, if you treat it like you would any Hardline system then there shouldn't be any real issues, it is a PC after all, not like it's gonna do alot of moving.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It is really significantly better in real life, plus you get the prestige of having a glass tubed watercooling system.

I don't think getting cut will be a big issue, (because computer components aren't sharp at all).

the only truly big issue I can see is actually attaching the tubing once its bent, I'm not sure how the Hardline fittings work, but I know that the glass tubing won't have any flex or play to it. Other than that, the only problem I see is having to wait for my paycheck :(

Lol that's the eventual goal. I'd like to have a secondary loop eventually that runs water to a water jacket around the in and out lines on the CPU.

Ooh, cool. Subbed.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Glad to see there is some interest in this!

My water cooling system comes in on monday (or so ups claims), Im probably going to order the tubing now since its not all that much and if I get this 10 pack of 48 inch(L) tubes I will definitely have some material to work with for both practice and implementation.

Just a quick question, is Amazon considered "secure" at the moment? seems like every other week some big data breech comes out and I've lost track.

Couldn't wait, tubing ordered.

Here's hoping shipping doesn't f**k things up as usual. Went with free shipping so 5-8 days, (so probably more like 11 because in the shipping world saturday and sunday don't count as days). Should be getting the fittings sometime soon after that, but since I'm getting 10 or so tubes that are 2 feet long I'll have some to play around with, I'll upload pics if I make anything good lol.

Just a warning but any pictures taken by my windows 8 phone (yes I know, but I haven't had a single problem in 2 years) upload huge as F**K so be prepared for the ever annoying side scrolling (if anyone could help with this issue I'd appreciate it because its annoying, these images always end up like ten times bigger than they need to be.

Couldn't wait, tubing ordered.

Here's hoping shipping doesn't f**k things up as usual. Went with free shipping so 5-8 days, (so probably more like 11 because in the shipping world saturday and sunday don't count as days). Should be getting the fittings sometime soon after that, but since I'm getting 10 or so tubes that are 2 feet long I'll have some to play around with, I'll upload pics if I make anything good lol.

Just a warning but any pictures taken by my windows 8 phone (yes I know, but I haven't had a single problem in 2 years) upload huge as F**K so be prepared for the ever annoying side scrolling (if anyone could help with this issue I'd appreciate it because its annoying, these images always end up like ten times bigger than they need to be.

Looking forward to the first update with pictures!

Also, if you have a picture editing software, I'd recommend re sizing them if they're such a problem.

You could even look for an application that cuts down the size automa...- Oh wait... Windows phone...  ;)

@Rumikarimu Hahaha...... ha.....:|

Glass is a bit more reflective, thats all, its transparent, there really isnt that big a difference, def for all the extra effort youre gonna be putting in

Glass has an IOR that is higher than acrylic, making it refract waaay nicer, and you really can spot the difference easily...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

@Bagmup I had not thought of that, excellent.

@LukaP That little tidbit is why I decided to go through with this.

I have sooo many idea's. anyone know where I can buy one of these machines lol?

Excellent Kashmir cover there btw. Never heard that one before.

Have fun. Please take care of yourself while doing this, because you don't want superheated glass touching your fingers. 

@Bagmup I had not thought of that, excellent.

@LukaP That little tidbit is why I decided to go through with this.

I have sooo many idea's. anyone know where I can buy one of these machines lol?

-snip-

Excellent Kashmir cover there btw. Never heard that one before.

Those machines look like they were intended for industrial use. They're probably very expensive, and judging by the size of those flames, you'll probably need a special gas supply and the proper infrastructure. Also, how can you justify buying one of those if you're only going to use it once?

I can't help but think that this project is a little overambitious, but I hope all goes well, and be careful, dealing with hot glass and all,

H.G.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Lol I was joking about the machine, that's a glass lathe with a glass condenser. I mainly just thought it was an awesome song lol.

And who said anything about only once? If this turns out to be completely doable, expect much more (when I get a better job especially)

I'm a Tinkerer, I've always liked glass tubing and bottles, I'll still end up blowing glass sooner or later in my garage, whether for the fun of it or for making something. In my highschool welding class I built a blacksmith forge out of plate metal and an old "squirrel cage" fan from an AC unit. With coal it got more than hot enough to smelt aluminum and burn steel (please note, I said burn not melt steel, there is no known way to smelt steel at home unless your super crazy insane rich as it is extremely difficult because steel actually "burns" before it melts) It was super fun for burning things, didn't really do much blacksmithing because I couldn't find an anvil of decent size. (and as you would expect, shipping an anvil is not cheap lol)

@HexaGuy thanks for the concern, I'm used to dealing with materials that are so hot they hurt to look at lol. Specifically that forge when it was running at full heat, getting within about 7 feet of it became steadily more and more uncomfortable because it was an open plate forge.

there is no known way to smelt steel at home unless your super crazy insane rich as it is extremely difficult because steel actually "burns" before it melts

Surely you could do it with an induction coil and proper shielding gas? Not that you'd want to, but you could... I think.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

@ManWithBeard1990 The issue with steel isn't temperature, its that steel burns unless shielded from oxygen. Its possible to do, but costs many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. Check out youtube for the giant steel furnace that melts an entire car in a few seconds.

Basically,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nolpiat6Sk0

That. Just skip to when they turn it on lol. True graded steel requires a massive amount of heat and is exceedingly hard to control, if not done precisely you wont get the right alloy and it would be junk essentially. Iron is easily doable, but true tool grade steel would be nearly impossibly in your back yard.

@LukaP can you tell me if lime glass is not as suitable for this build compared to borosilicate?

just realized I ordered lime glass instead of boro. D'oh!

@LukaP can you tell me if lime glass is not as suitable for this build compared to borosilicate?

just realized I ordered lime glass instead of boro. D'oh!

shouldnt be too different, with lime IOR being 1.518-1.520 and BSi being 1.517 :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

@LukaP thanks, but what about thermal expansion qualities, durability etc.

@LukaP thanks, but what about thermal expansion qualities, durability etc.

should be fine. tho lime expands about 3 times more, its still not really much... 

My concern is whether or not I will get leaks when the system reaches operating temperature @LukaP thanks for the help.

What's next titanium pipes ?

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Um, no. Titanium would serve no purpose other than being exorbitantly expensive. Glass isn't nearly as expensive. Also it looks better lol.