Glass tubing water cooling loop.

Trik'Stari

So, the more I read the more impossible this whole thing seems, which pisses me off. I guess I'm just placing this on an indefinite hold, until either I have the money and or skill to make it happen. I hate to do it because I was really excited about it.

I might still have my local glass blower make me a thing or two to incorporate into a cooling loop, cuz I've got a few idea's that could be incorporated into a hardline acrylic loop with ease, and if done right would still look amazing in my opinion.

So I guess for now, this is on pause/impossible dream status. I wont give up, I'll get a better torch eventually, or at least one I can put a flame spreader on, then we shall see.

Can I say 'I told you so' now without the tirade from other members?

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Are you actually going to do this? I didn't see any pictures so far, and considering this is in build logs and not build planning I was JW when the actual log will start.

lol he just said the whole thing is dormant for an unplanned amount of time. My guess- not happening again.

@B NEGATIVE. Yes. It is mind bogglingly difficult.

This started as a build log, it still is.

I am going to check with my local glass blower and see how much he would want to make the glass. According to the people on the glass blowing websites, a professional could make and install the tubing, so if he's willing, and not crazy ass expensive, I'll have it made.

for now, the larkooler system is in with its flexible hosing. Just got the hoses installed, bout to fill the system. Wish me luck lol.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm not trying to make it worse for you but, have you any idea how you are going to fit the fittings? With acrylic tubing you squeeze and stretch it af much as you want, and even then sometimes it leaks. With glass you can't put that much force onto it... It's better to find a solution now than finding out it won't work after you put a lot of work into it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

@samcool55 You've missed a bunch of stuff. I was going to do a bunch of complicated crap. Lol I just don't feel like re typing it on my phone.

ordering acrylic, flex hose is a sloshy nightmare. This pump is terribly hard to fill as is, its full now, running. But if I turn it off I get one big air bubble in the lines, then it goes away again if I turn it on.

they really should have included some better way to fill this thing. You can't turn it on with the fill port open without water spraying up out of it.

Sorry to disappoint about the glass guys. Sorry if the build log is a bit informal, I am a noob so expect it to be a bit of a rollercoaster lol.

*final update*

Ok, so yesterday was a bit of a bad day for me for various reasons I won't bother getting into. Anyways, this project is essentially over, at least for the time being. When x99's come out and I build my next pc, I will definitely take the whole thing to a glass blower and see how much he would charge to do it. According the people on the glass blowing forums this has been done before, and the best way to do it is to make actual metal to glass seals (like scientific grade). So depending on how much my local glass blower will charge this WILL eventually happen, but not any time soon.

As for now, the larkooler is in and up and running.. I'll probably just slap some hard acrylic in there because I really don't like this flex hose.

One of the glass blower's on that forum is actually waiting for one of his buddies to build a bling pc so he can do this very same thing, which is good to see I think, because they have told me that the concept can and does work.

Not quite as bummed out today, yesterday was an off day lol, spent most of the day waiting for a phone call for something, then I got angry after wasting like 3 of my 4 foot sections of tubing, only to come up with more useless kinked glass lol.

Sorry to hear its not working out, was an interesting read none the less. I will definitely keep an eye out for any future updates whether it be home brew or from the glass blower :D