What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

Wow it can run off of battery power. So can a Razer blade which is cheaper and can actually run games.

19 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I never said I don't want Apple to lower their prices. It is still not Apples problem you said so yourself. Why would they change if they can make more money?

I'm not talking about lowering prices, I'm talking about increasing the quality to reflect the prices. Because its been in decline with each product generation.

18 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You hold Apple in high regard but every other PC manufacturer also has products that are similarly priced. If there are problems with the XPS 13 similar to those found in Macbook Pros, then Dell shouldn't get any more of a free pass just because they're not seen as a boutique.

Also a lot of times defects don't show up until the product is out in the field simply because nobody thought to test that corner case.

I'm holding them in high regard because they charge so much for their products, meaning that they have far more money to sort out an issues before launch when compared to all other designers+manufacturers.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

I'm holding them in high regard because they charge so much for their products, meaning that they have far more money to sort out an issues before launch when compared to all other designers+manufacturers.

They're also a for-profit, publicly traded company so when it comes to fixing issues or making money, what do you think they'll do?

11 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

with the advent of emulating x86 using arm CPUs like the snapdragon 835. Seing as they will have acces to mobile broadband and telecommunication. what point does a phone become a phablet. a phablet a tablet and a phablet a 2 in 1 pc? i know im going of track here but im interested in hearing others opinion.

My guess is that phone-tablet is the point where you cant handle the phone/phablet with one hand. Phablet to tablet is the point when you can attach a fullsize keyboard without numpad(or with if you can manage). and Tablet to 2 in 1 pc is when the keyboard is a major important part of the unit. 

I don't really think much of ARM windows tablets, given Microsoft's penchant for doing things half-hearted. If Apple's transition from PowerPC to Intel was any indicator, emulation should simply be a stop-gap measure, not an end in itself. In that the ideal end goal is that developers transition their apps to ARM altogether, not to rely on emulation to achieve your goals till the end of time.

I would say that the distinction between phablet, tablet, and 2-in-1 is besides the point. Just use the device which best suits your needs and comfort level.  

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I'm not talking about lowering prices, I'm talking about increasing the quality to reflect the prices. Because its been in decline with each product generation.

It is still not Apples problem you said so yourself. Why would they change if they can make more money?

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

They're also a for-profit, publicly traded company so when it comes to fixing issues or making money, what do you think they'll do?

I know that, and its quite clear that they'll do just about anything to squeeze money out of people. Still doesn't mean that people buying their products can't ask for or demand better products.

Just now, RorzNZ said:

It is still not Apples problem you said so yourself. Why would they change if they can make more money?

Notice how their sales have been declining? It is Apples problem since its their fault that they've been lowering their standards. And it will cost them more each year (though probably not enough to make them go into the negatives for several years if not decades-they've really made truckloads of money).

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

I know that, and its quite clear that they'll do just about anything to squeeze money out of people. Still doesn't mean that people buying their products can't ask for or demand better products.

Considering there's still competition, you know how you demand them to make better products? Go to someone else.

One thing to note about Macs; they use the same f*cking cooler for most of their--if not all of their laptops. Overheating can be an issue with these particular laptops, because of their super outdated cooling systems... -.- I don't get why they don't just change the design a bit and make it better...

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Considering there's still competition, you know how you demand them to make better products? Go to someone else.

When they also start following Apples trends then you have more problems (eg. lack of storage expansion or removable batteries).

PMSL

Just now, Jasun said:

One thing to note about Macs; they use the same f*cking cooler for most of their--if not all of their laptops. Overheating can be an issue with these particular laptops, because of their super outdated cooling systems... -.- I don't get why they don't just change the design a bit and make it better...

Which is where most of the time, your better off with an i5 model (its the same for some tablets-the i7 throttles to lower clock speeds than the i5).

PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Notice how their sales have been declining? It is Apples problem since its their fault that they've been lowering their standards. And it will cost them more each year (though probably not enough to make them go into the negatives for several years if not decades-they've really made truckloads of money).

Sales decline can be due to numerous factors. Their sales are pretty steady at any rate.

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

When they also start following Apples trends then you have more problems (eg. lack of storage expansion or removable batteries).

I feel like I'm supposed to be angry at something but I can't really be bothered to be angry about it.

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

Which is where most of the time, your better off with an i5 model (its the same for some tablets-the i7 throttles to lower clock speeds than the i5).

Totally agree on you about that but there are some great features that come with Apple's phones. First of all, performance; iOS is super optimized (at least up till ~iOS 10--iOS 11 is somewhat buggy, but problems are being solved here and there) and the iPhones are one--if not the fastest phones on the marketplace. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

20 minutes ago, LynxFX said:

Wow it can run off of battery power. So can a Razer blade which is cheaper and can actually run games.

The Stealth is about the same price as the 13" Retina and has the same gaming limitations, except it's built horribly, the keyboard and trackpad suck, and Razer's quality control is beyond garbage. The 15" is about $200 cheaper than the 15" Retina and has a 1060 compared to an RX 555, but suffers from all the same problems as the Stealth except it also thermal throttles terribly mitigating much of the performance advantage of a 1060. 

All the Blades are a horrible choice if you want a gaming laptop (or a laptop in general).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

8 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I haven't observed that kind of throttling. but yeah, it gets hot fast. though I am surprised by the heat dissipation

Well I might as well throw my hat into the ring, some points I thought up while reading:(sigh)(I DISLIKE NOT HATE apple, in my mind there is a difference)

1. The followers of apple: most(which is a lot) seem to call everything non apple (smartphone) Samsung. Samsung charger. Samsung cable. Now with apple's removal of the 1/8"/3.5mm jack, how long before it gets called the "Samsung jack"?

2. Yes both sides have poisonous followers

3. If they are so good like some of their people claim, why don't they have +80% of the market share like Microsoft does?(as in os) and iirc Samsung is beating them (11% to 22%) in the smartphone business.

4. Apple products seem to be a status symbol more than anything else.

5. "Revolutionary" things: removing something that's accepted as a almost industry wide stand is not, creating another competing standard is not, and claiming you invented stuff is not.

6. Isn't their "support" just give-you-a-new-one and don't let independent repair shops work on them?

7. Some people(apple) think Samsung is terrible and whatnot and they are superior, but Samsung is making $200? Dollars per apple device in component sales.

8. Every market apple is in they only service one end. Every other market has budget to super high end, most of the time from the same company.

9. 129.99+ shipping for a cheap(know from experience at school) rubber dome keyboard?

10. Simple not super high end stuff is priced at high end.

11. Apple has to do it first to not be "clunky" or "oversized"(see apple ip.+ and note reviews)

12. Apple being sue happy

13. What's the deal with emojis?

14. Apple started out as the "start a business in a garage and make a mil/bil-lion" American dream, but ends there

15. Here's the wall(sorta) of text someone asked for.

16. Apple had/has battery issues similar to the note 7 yet you don't hear about it.

Just my thoughts and opinions so far. Probably will add/edit more or make another post.

37 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

3. If they are so good like some of their people claim, why don't they have +80% of the market share like Microsoft does?(as in os) and iirc Samsung is beating them (11% to 22%) in the smartphone business.

Price. Android has its massive marketshare due to so many cheap devices, and Microsoft has a dominant desktop share because they got their foot all the way in the door first.

37 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

16. Apple had/has battery issues similar to the note 7 yet you don't hear about it.

Because they didn't. ALL smartphones have had some battery expanding/fire related issues, the Note 7 was different in that it was a massive problem that affected many units and not just a small handful.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

52 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

Actually I did hear some news about battery issues w/ the iphone 8. But it's far less significant than the note 7.

Not an apple fanboy but it's really not fair to say something like this. It's like accusing someone without any proof.

4 hours ago, gundamMC said:

Actually I did hear some news about battery issues w/ the iphone 8. But it's far less significant than the note 7.

Not an apple fanboy but it's really not fair to say something like this. It's like accusing someone without any proof.

There were some instances with the Iphone 7's battery catching fire or expanding. Not a lot though but still notable. At least samsung did the right thing of a full recall of Note 7s with special carrying boxes for returning

those who are saying you can get better performance from other product for same price 

you can if you use non apple software but apple  makes software which is optimized for its hardware which i think is smart 

software development doesn't cost as much as hardware so if you can make a 1300$ mbp able to edit 8k videos and 650$ ipad pro edit 4k that a 2k dollars pc will struggle in adobe premiere that will get them a lot of money 

but for all non apple software dont buy a mac if you are looking for good value for price

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

There were some instances with the Iphone 7's battery catching fire or expanding. Not a lot though but still notable. At least samsung did the right thing of a full recall of Note 7s with special carrying boxes for returning

Again, this happens with virtually all smartphones batteries. The problem with the Note 7 wasn't that it would catch fire, it was that a lot of them would catch fire and be susceptible to catching fire. 

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Another-day-another-exploding-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-edge-catches-fire-on-nightstand_id89272

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/samsung-s5-exploding-1.3940902

http://mashable.com/2014/07/28/samsung-galaxy-s4-fire/#TybXt9QFwsqj

http://geekologie.com/2013/07/samsung-galaxy-s3-explodes-catches-fire.php

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s2-catches-fire-in-man-s-pocket-104504

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1. Most users think they're superior just for owning an iDevice

2. willing to shell out £800+ yearly just for a dated rinsed out design

3. have the cheek to call out android users for owning 'subpar' phones

4. There are some nice iPhone users but most of them are just unnecesarilly toxic imo.

5. Company gives off the impression that it cares about its users, just to make more money off them... Deceptive and disgusting

6. Unnecessarily restrictive OS, I couldn't even switch to iOS if I wanted to (apps don't truly run in background, no multi-screen support, no google now support, no widget support)

7. Nonreplaceable batteries in devices (or not easily replaceable) I recently replaced my s5's original battery with a brand new aftermarket one (with NFC support) after 1000 charges, which is what these batteries are rated for, phone essentially lasts all day again on the new bat no problem...

8. Wasteful attitude, company doesn't repair phones but just disposes them

Might as well include stuff the person above mentioned...

7 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

4. Apple products seem to be a status symbol more than anything else.

5. "Revolutionary" things: removing something that's accepted as a almost industry wide stand is not, creating another competing standard is not, and claiming you invented stuff is not.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

28 minutes ago, a7mddiaa said:

those who are saying you can get better performance from other product for same price 

you can if you use non apple software but apple  makes software which is optimized for its hardware which i think is smart 

software development doesn't cost as much as hardware so if you can make a 1300$ mbp able to edit 8k videos and 650$ ipad pro edit 4k that a 2k dollars pc will struggle in adobe premiere that will get them a lot of money 

but for all non apple software dont buy a mac if you are looking for good value for price

All fully compiled (not bytecode compiled) operating systems, e.g. Linux, Windows, and iOS, are optimised as far as OS execution goes. They just manage their resources differently. In the case of apple, they just know what components/accessories are going into the final product and implement the relevant stuff into software.

As for Windows, it just has basic support for many devices built-in (with third-party drivers adding additional functionality) because Microsoft isn't in the factory of every single computer manufacturer worldwide finding out components/accessories are going into every computer and implementing software for it. These third party drivers often are rushed and aren't designed in the most optimal way, which can have has a knock on effect on OS performance.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

but even if drivers are great software is $h!t 

compare adobe premiere performance to fcpx and you will see what i mean

but you can get a beast pc for the price of a macbook but if you can use apple software USE IT it is alot more optimised

16 minutes ago, a7mddiaa said:

but even if drivers are great software is $h!t 

compare adobe premiere performance to fcpx and you will see what i mean

but you can get a beast pc for the price of a macbook but if you can use apple software USE IT it is alot more optimised

You mean this infamous video?