21.5 inch model:

Specifications

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz

8GB memory

500GB hard drive

Intel HD Graphics 5000

And it is $1099....

Seems pretty laptopish to me... What do you guys think?

waitwhat-idontevenknow_23988f_3996414.pn1000 for a dual core? seriously?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  That's fucking hilarious.  You think that cooler master case looks as good as an iMac and is as innovative and well built as an iMac.  You're truly blinded my friend.

If you're implying that case is not well built you don't know what you're talking about and have no place in this forum.

what the fuck does "innovative" mean? unibody pcs have existed for years, apple didn't invent it and what's more, it's an absolutely useless feature in anything that isn't a laptop. The case I showed you has cable management and airflow features that I would judge as being innovative, as in it wasn't done before at that price point. As for the looking as good part, it's a matter of taste, but if you buy things because of how they look and are willing to pay twice as much just for good looks you're just dumb.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Fine, buy a 200$ case? H440 surely isn't a $200 dollar case. You seem to like it...

It still is only 1300 to Apple's 1170... and still has a 4 times faster cpu, and 7.5 times faster GPU, and a 1440p monitor with 4K support.

And did you not see mine?  An iMac case would be at a bare minimum $400.  This case is $1000 - http://mbxforma.com 

I'm sure you don't understand my point though as you tried to compare a $50 cooler master case to the case of an iMac.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

But have you though about the situation where a business bases all their work off Apple computers? As an example, my local bank uses all iMacs in their branches most likely because of the internal software and programs they use. Could it be done with windows based PCs? Yes. But they choose to use Macs. So, when they go to open  a new branch or need new computers, this $1000 iMac will save them money.   

That's true, in fact business use is the only reason i would justify the purchase of a mac (although if they use imacs for office work at a bank someone at their management office doesn't know what he's doing, if you have to tie yourself into an ecosystem why would you choose the most closed and expensive one for freaking office work lol), but this doesn't mean the price of it is any better. And this is a forum on consumer electronics, so when I'm asked an opinion on  product I give it from a consumer point of view. hence my opition that "it's shit for the money" ;)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Fanboys, don't care for logic.

My system can have any case under the sun, that is infinitely more durable than thin plastic with a "scratch resistant" screen as a front panel...

50$ CM elite 130 or 200$ silverstone case, still under $1300 bucks, and four times faster...'

---

@minimalist

Alright, if that is true and you continue to defend apple you are much dumber than I first perceived.

You would pay four hundred dollars for a piece of curved aluminum? And because it costs that much it suddenly becomes more durable?

I am quite sure the H440 would hold up in a stress test much better than a "cheapo" iMac would...

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Software Developer, Guitarist, Aspiring Politican-

I agree with you in the aspect that you are buying hardware that adds up to much less than the selling point; however, you do get a good warranty and a well built, clean looking computer and the mac logo. If it's worth is up to the buyer. When I buy Nike or Under Armour I know I'm paying more for the brand but I feel it's worth it. Plus I don't think there target demographic are people like us on this forum who are probably all tech savvy and enjoy computers

True. I was asked my opinion on this product (the op asks for it) and I gave it, doesn't mean for some people a bitten apple sticker isn't worth 600$ (I pity them though).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you're implying that case is not well built you don't know what you're talking about and have no place in this forum.

what the fuck does "innovative" mean? unibody pcs have existed for years, apple didn't invent it and what's more, it's an absolutely useless feature in anything that isn't a laptop. The case I showed you has cable management and airflow features that I would judge as being innovative, as in it wasn't done before at that price point. As for the looking as good part, it's a matter of taste, but if you buy things because of how they look and are willing to pay twice as much just for good looks you're just dumb.

Or I'm just not as poor as you.  The owners of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Mercedes Benz, etc. all want to say hi to you.  

By your account, I could just buy a Camaro, supercharge it, put a premium engine, new exhaust, etc. in it for a fraction of the cost and I have something better than those cars.  The people who buy those fancy cars are "JUST DUMB!"

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I am quite sure the H440 would hold up in a stress test much better than a "cheapo" iMac would...

I told him twice already. There's no reasoning with some people...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Some people have something called 'taste', and also something called 'disposable income'. If this iMAC is in line with their 'taste' and fits in with their 'disposable income' it will be great for them.

If you can offer them a white AIO OSX with warranty tech support for less money, please do it and you will be worth billions.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Fanboys, don't care for logic.

My system can have any case under the sun, that is infinitely more durable than thin plastic with a "scratch resistant" screen as a front panel...

50$ CM elite 130 or 200$ silverstone case, still under $1300 bucks, and four times faster...'

Say what?!?!?!?   :o   You think iMacs are made out of "thin plastic."  You must be confusing them with your cooler master cases.

@minimalist

Alright, if that is true and you continue to defend apple you are much dumber than I first perceived.

You would pay four hundred dollars for a piece of curved aluminum? And because it costs that much it suddenly becomes more durable?

Where did I say it's more durable? .............I'll be waiting.

I don't know if I am the only one but has anyone noticed that there are a lot more apple defenders than there are people bashing apple? I find the claim that "blah blah the forum doesn't like apple" to be highly inaccurate when it is used as an argument for when people point out that some apple products are not worth the money since many of the people who do that actually don't have a problem with apple as a whole.

Anyways, the computer. It has a market and that is people who would have bought some hp prebuilt at walmart but instead decided to spend a bit of money on a more different computer. And for those people it works well, they don't have to worry about bloat ware, it has some nice built in editing stuff, screen isn't that bad (this isn't the 27in. model, so it isn't that great.), and they are unlikely to get virus, etc. But!... That doesn't mean that people who don't like it don't have legitimate reasons to dislike it/not recommend it. It is pretty much a fact that you can build a computer that would be better for almost everything that people who would buy this iMac would use it for.. And the reason as to why you see those people here is because that is what this forum is about, that being PC enthusiasts. (We can pretend to be "A tech forum not a PC forum" all we like, but let's not kid ourselves.) Lots of people here built their own computer for the reason that they don't want to be stuck with what system builders are offering, therefore it is obvious that there will be a lot of people who are less than pleased with the iMac.

So back to the original post in order to keep this somewhat related, I think that this mac is a pretty bad value, and people would be better off buying a mac mini and a dell ips monitor for less and probably getting a better experience.

Also: Apologies if any of this sounds a bit... angry/ramblish, just wanted to get my thoughts out, and I suck at formatting a post/going back to edit things. Also, not angry just... interested in the discussion that is going on in here.

"No signature"

And a nexus 5 costs 350$ and has comparable hardware. Did I ever say the s5 and one M8 aren't overpriced? So that's one point out of the way. The discussion is on a desktop pc with a ulp dual core, a mechanical 500gb hdd and integrated graphics that is being sold for the price of an i7 with an ssd and a discreete gpu plus a monitor.

So you're telling me what makes a phone better is in fact the ability to take panoramic pictures built in when you could do that for years with an app? It's like saying when they advertise a car they should simply say "it can't get any faster and easier to drive" instead of saying "it's got this 1.4 100hp engine and has this and that traction control". It's not true that the A7 "destroys" the snapdragon 800, they trade blows pretty evenly: here's a benchmark cycle. And that snapdragon is also found in a 350$ phone. As for the "it can't get smoother" part that was also true 3 years ago, why didn't we see a price drop on these things? The only people who can really use the full potential of these devices are tech enthusiasts like us, WE should be the target costumers for high end phones, not the random guy who only needs facebook and music. So when they advertize it they should give numbers, concrete reasons for which THEIR phone/laptop/desktop is better than a more aggressively priced competitor.

So your saying that just because someone can't understand something they don't deserve to have it? Please then explain to me exactly how the engine in your car works or I have the right to confiscate it. And I want an exact answer not just pistons move up from an explosion with gasoline and air. And so what if its found in a $350 phone?? Please stop bringing this up because its not Apple that is overpriced, its everyone else too. Just because Google makes money from other places doesn't mean that Apple doesn't mean Apple doesn't need to turn a profit. Its also found in a $700 phone? Your point? And please tell me how you use your phone to its full potential? Do tech enthusiasts have more demanding emails than someone else? What else do you use your phone more besides web browsing and facebook and music? And this is the last time I'm gonna say this, but NUMBERS DON"T MATTER. Its what those numbers represent. Sure 60fps is better than 30fps, but not because 60 is better than 30, but because those numbers represent the smoothness. So the number of cores a phone has or its clockspeed doesn't matter. What matters is the what performs best. And you don't need numbers to tell you this. You just need to see which phone is the smoothest and has the fastest loading times. And you can do a youtube search for hundreds of videos like this.

And here's a more trustworthy source

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

piece of shit apple product. I had an imac and it was slow as hell and i can only use wifi not wired. 1.4 ghz for that price!? fuck apple

Or I'm just not as poor as you. 

-EDIT-

I thought it would have been appropriate to censor the avalanche of insults I poured on this guy. Sorry moderators, it's just that he got me pretty angry with that comment and I overreacted. I'll try and control myself better next time.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

--snip--

Your intelligence continues to shine its face in this forum.

I've got to go now, peace.

Also,

I am not irrational.

I am willing to accept that some people are willing to spend money that they have on products that aren't as cost efficient because they look aesthetically pleasing. I do similar things all of the time.

Godbless everyone, :)

LOL!!!!

My calm edit saying godbless, juxtaposed with Sauron's sudden explosion of anger... LOLOLOL

See you, :)

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Software Developer, Guitarist, Aspiring Politican-

So your saying that just because someone can't understand something they don't deserve to have it? 

I'm saying they're wasting their money, that's it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Your intelligence continues to shine its face in this forum.

I've got to go now, peace.

Also,

I am not irrational.

I am willing to accept that some people are willing to spend money that they have on products that aren't as cost efficient because they look aesthetically pleasing. I do similar things all of the time.

Godbless everyone, :)

I misunderstood one thing that you said.  I'm able to admit when I'm wrong.  

Also, you're still here.  What happened to this:

Arguing with an idiot and expecting logical and intelligent responses makes me an idiot.

See you later, also I'm appalled that any employer would hire you...

--snip--

You should get off this forum. You've been nothing but an asshole to people with your trash posts. People buying a mac has nothing to do with you. My iMac is faster than your PC. 

I can waste my money how ever I want because I go to work for it. You don't do my job so shh

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I'm saying they're wasting their money, that's it.

Please tell me what you do on your phone that is more demanding than anyone else 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

You should get off this forum. You've been nothing but an asshole to people with your trash posts. People buying a mac has nothing to do with you. My iMac is faster than your PC. 

I can waste my money how ever I want because I go to work for it. You don't do my job so shh

excuse me? aside from the last post, which I would consider completely justified given the premises, tell me where I've been an asshole without having been insulted first. I never said you can't spend your money how you want. The OP asked for our opinion and I said it was terrible value. Then people contradicted me and I justified my point of view. Here comes a guy insulting poor people. what was I to do?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

excuse me? aside from the last post, which I would consider completely justified given the premises, tell me where I've been an asshole without having been insulted first. I never said you can't spend your money how you want. The OP asked for our opinion and I said it was terrible value. Then people contradicted me and I justified my point of view. Here comes a guy insulting poor people. what was I to do?

Every single post buddy.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Please tell me what you do on your phone that is more demanding than anyone else 

Personally nothing. The difference is that I paid my phone 40$. What I do on my nexus 7 is, for example, playing doom 3. And that's a 250$ tablet (two years ago, now it's much cheaper).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm going to purchase a Macbook next week when I get paid, going to use it for photo editing, music and some video editing too. Sick of doing everything on this PC as the editing software gets in the way of my gaming ;)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

--snip--

Lol this is amazing.  You must be a teen.

Show me where I said being rich makes you better than anyone.  

What I said absolutely justifies my argument.  It proves that people spend money on shit that looks good when they have the money.  They could very well buy something cheaper and then build it so that it performs better.  They don't though.  That's the reality of the market.  They buy what looks good and they pay a premium for it.  These same people also buy iMacs.  

Every single post buddy.

I disagree, sorry. Can you quote some examples of where i insulted someone without having been provoked by him? If I did I'm sorry, I always try to be as neutral to people as possible when I'm arguing, unless they put it on the insult level first.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*