Google Teasing Android 5.0

qwertywarrior

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/9634/google-teases-android-5-0-in-new-screenshots.html

Google might introduce their next big step in the mobile sphere at Google I/O 2014. The software giant has released new screenshots which suggest that Android 5.0 will be one of the main attractions at the developer conference, scheduled for later this month.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the clocks are stuck at 5:00. Google has been teasing new versions of Android in this fashion for years now - Andorid 2.3 Gingerbread to Android 4.4 KitKat were teased by posting screenshots with the time set to 2:30 and 4:40 respectively.

i personally dont expect big changes

i mean android has pretty much everything

9634-4f90631d_680_400.jpg

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Looking at these screens I fear more google now integration :P

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

I wonder if they will remove the requirement to have Google+ in order to leave ratings for Apps on Google Play, I really dislike that because apps still bug me to rate them but I'm never going to do it because I don't have G+.

This is likely the first time that google has announced an OS where i really dont want any improvments to the OS itself. I could use updates to stuff like voice actions or maybe camera fixes... but the OS has been highly stable and without lag for me. I feel like any of the updates that they might put out will compromise that for me and ill likely not install it.

(Running nexus4)

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

This might be the update where they actually make it worse following the lead of Gmail and Youtube.

well , i'm not gonna get it unless i root . Effin samsung i have a s3 lte with 2 gb of ram but it'll stay on the same level as the normal s3 with 1gb of ram. DAMMIT . Next phone gonna be a nexus or a HTC 

i love how some of you start judging it with only like 3 SSs released...

im looking forward to this. if they do some magic, this could become the perfect OS

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Here's a feature that's been hinted but I hope they manage since it could be a real game changer: This should be the last full OS upgrade you'll ever need, from now on it's a rolling release system and each individual part of the OS gets updated, through the play store, as soon as the newest version is tested and ready for launch. No more waiting for a full upgrade just to get that cool new camera software or fancy new notifications systems or whatever.

This would really free google from holding back their upgrades because Samsung can't be bothered to update touch wiz or is too busy fucking around with Tizen to actually implement the updates on their older models

-------

Current Rig

-------

Droid Life also did an article on this.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

My nexus 7 is ready.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

What I Want to see:

-  A smarter Google now.

-  Full implementation of Art instead of Dalvik. I like the increased speed.

-  A Way to adjust Color tone natively. The screen on my phone is too warm for me (HTC one Max) would like it to be a little cooler.

-  More options for tweaking/improving audio sound quality. Not an equalizer but more like Oversampling or something.

-  Desktop mode maybe? If Companies keep making android laptops or dockable tablet keyboards then maybe its time for a desktop mode.

-  A Native tether without needing to pay companies a subscription fee. We should be able to choose what we do with our data.

I had more but I cant remember. :o

I'm hoping for inter application google now support and better dialog.

Also google needs to implement better ways of google apps talking to each other.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Google Now is actually pretty useful and versatile. 

I want to see more Drive integration, personally, with more data being stored on the cloud for seamless syncing between multiple devices. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Don't care. Still stuck on 2.5.x . . . bah.

Root and ROM that shit!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I expect BIG changes. If they are going to do incremental updates they should just call it 4.5 instead.

I want them to sort their shit togather about SD cards. People want them yet Google is not allowing them completely.

Battery life improvements wouldn't go amiss.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

According to technobuffalo there will be a complete redesign of Android, just look it up, one of their recent posts.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Honestly there hasn't been much change since 3.0 imo. Nothing new that I've had much of a use for really just optimisations

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Honestly there hasn't been much change since 3.0 imo. Nothing new that I've had much of a use for really just optimisations

That's why you install a custom rom, they often create new features before google do.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

fear? I love google now implementation on my Moto X

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Root and ROM that shit!

I'm not interested in potentially 'bricking' my phone.

I wonder if they will remove the requirement to have Google+ in order to leave ratings for Apps on Google Play, I really dislike that because apps still bug me to rate them but I'm never going to do it because I don't have G+.

but you have a Google account... Right?

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Google now is useless in most countries and Android 4.4+ is plagued by this nonsense. Hopefully, Microsoft's Cortana will be awesome and Microsoft will be willing to port it to Android so we can use it instead. 

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

but you have a Google account... Right?

Yes I do and my nexus is signed into it, but I order to rate an app or leave a review it wants me to also create a Google + account, which after the whole YouTube integration mess it's very clear nobody wants.