Dead Rising 3 for PC Capped at 30FPS - Can Be Uncapped, but not Guaranteed to Play Right

EChondo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835913

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/537545864

Starts at 11:35

'when we started the PC project we knew we werent gonna be able to guarantee anything above 30 frames per second'

'.. I love fiddling with PC games'

'what im saying is.. we're not gonna stop you from uncapping the framerate, but we can't guarantee the experience'

'we just really dont know what's gonna happen, you might see some weird stuff with physics, some weird stuff with zombies'

'I really dont believe you're losing anything by playing at 30 frames per second'

'if you want feel free to uncap it, but it's gonna be wild and crazy'

Honestly? I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I was looking forward to buy my first Dead Rising game, but now? Dollar bin. Not because of this, but because of the way they are acting and treating us. Keep your game, I don't want it.

Why in the shit are companies capping the fps? 30 fps isn't smooth enough for some games. It just makes me so mad. If GTA V for PC is capped, I am going to burn the disk

Why in the shit are companies capping the fps? 30 fps isn't smooth enough for some games. It just makes me so mad. If GTA V for PC is capped, I am going to burn the disk

Why? Because they are lazy, or they developed the game to work around it, like NFS did.

Sigh.  Mods maybe, though the other ones didn't get very good mod communities going.

Still getting it, because I love DR, but this is disappointing news nonetheless.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

they might time everything based on frames like need for speed did,

when you uncapped the fps it was eesentially like putting the game in fast forward.if you had 60 fps you were going 2x as fast, 120fps, 4x the speed, etc.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

why does this make me think it's going to be like NFS rivals where running at 60fps doubled the speed of the game...

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Why would developers want to cap fps? Do they want to make us equal to the console peasants for the same experience? I bet they petitioned for that too like with gta.

Why would developers want to cap fps? Do they want to make us equal to the console peasants for the same experience? 

Cinematic experience, brudda. Everybody's gotta experience the world that is cinematics, brooda.  :P

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Cinematic experience, brudda. Everybody's gotta experience the world that is cinematics, brooda.  :P

Then why not put it at 24 frames like movies? Thats ridiculous 

Then why not put it at 24 frames like movies? Thats ridiculous 

I dunno, do developers even have a tool to (simulate) triple buffer stuff? I think that's the reason why movies appear to be smooth and not choppy.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I dunno, do developers even have a tool to (simulate) triple buffer stuff? I think that's the reason why movies appear to be smooth and not choppy.

Im sure if movie makers had a tool that would do that, devs would have it too. But no, movies are smooth because they are 24 frames and that makes it cinematic I guess. Thats why everyone got mad when the latest hobbit was 60 and not 24. xD

Im sure if movie makers had a tool that would do that, devs would have it too. But no, movies are smooth because they are 24 frames and that makes it cinematic I guess. Thats why everyone got mad when the latest hobbit was 60 and not 24. xD

I'd rather have a "realistic" feel instead where things are naturally fluid and motion blur doesn't exist.

Framerate is just a number............. lol

Damn it :( worthless ports strikes once again

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Hey remember when everyone said that when the new consoles come out the PC ports would be better?

Lolz

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Some will buy, most will download because people now know that 30fps is lame but everyone will just say that it's the PC community at fault and not the dev's for being morons.

But it doesn't matter, remember? FPS is just a number :P

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Looks like I won't be buying it unless it does play right.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

they might time everything based on frames like need for speed did,

when you uncapped the fps it was eesentially like putting the game in fast forward.if you had 60 fps you were going 2x as fast, 120fps, 4x the speed, etc.

Well timing everything of frames is just plain stupid, you can never be sure its going to be constant especially with different hardware. If that is how games are coded on consoles i understand why the experience is so bad and why a port to pc can be terrible.

Using framerate as a constant is just a great mistake for game devs.

If you have to cap a game at 30fps because it has anomalies at 60fps that make it unplayable (a certain TotalBiscuit review comes to mind) - you programmed the game with poo. This isn't dodgy overclocking of old game carts, it's 2014

Annnnnnnnddddd the excitement is gone.......

i just remembered, everyone go look at total biscuits review of the need for speed rivals. thats probably what will happen if you try to uncap it.