Show me on the bear where EA touched you.

Vidiot

As the entire gaming community is aware of, EA tends to be pretty shotty with its business "ideas". From rushing the launch of a game that is no-where near complete, terrible DRM polices, or spamming a game with day 1 DLC's (because it totally isn't apart of the game even though its ready at the same time as game :/). Sometime with some game, we have crossed paths with EA that tended to leave our wallets a little sore. So today's discussion is, what game or business move (like Origin) of theirs made you absolutely hate EA? Now I know that some of you are going to instinctively start typing "THEY RUINED BATTLEFIELD!!"please somebody get that reference.  which is totally fine, but if that is the case, then try and dig a little deeper and think of ANY other game that they might have trashed. 

And at a complete side note, I was thinking of doing these little discussion things daily, since people seemed to have liked the last two I did. So tell me if I should do that, or if I should just  go back to eating Doritos in the corner because I totally will. 

Not really on topic, but if they don't rush the release of Mirror's Edge 2 and it's not full of incomplete and unnecessary features like a focus on guns and combat, then I will likely forgive them for everything so far. I'm just waiting to see if the second one lives up to how good the first one was. 

They shut down Raycity, in my opinion the best racing mmo ever, i was even prepared to play it in thai, (can't read it at all) but i was able to do most of the stuff and have a lot of fun, best part of the game was that it wasn't P2W (the best cars were only avalible with free currency) and you didn't really need to grind, there was a lot of stuff to do and the most diversive racing mmo i know.

BUT... it was owned by EA seoul if i remember correctly, and those bastards shut the game down! Now 6 months later i still hope this game returns...

As far as i know they shut it down because it wasn't profitable enough, and/or they are just *long censor beeb* and they wanted to kill the last racing game they support that was actually good.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I actually disagree that they ruined battlefield. EA has been the publisher of battlefield games since 1942 (which was great), so if something went rotten along the path it can't have been completely their fault (it IS their fault for day one dlc and incomplete releases, but some very poor design decisions were made too).

I can't help but feel battlelog is the worst thing they have ever done.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I can't help but feel battlelog is the worst thing they have ever done.

Battlelog is a crime to mankind

Everything. It's like when you hate someone, everything they do fucking annoys you.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

They bought Westwood and screwed up a few games i really liked by them.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

They published Dead Space 1, which was fucking awesome, and started my love of horror, films included. :3
Then they published Dead Space 2, which was good, but it lost the raw tension of 1.

Then, they published Dead Space 3, which was a 3rd-person over-the-shoulder cover-based futuristic sci-fi shooter, where the plot revolves around defeating an ancient race of powerful, enigmatic creatures hellbent on assimilating all life in the galaxy.

Apparently, nobody at EA had the forethought to inform Visceral Studios that Mass Effect 3 had in fact already been released.

Hmmm, the worst bits of EA... Probably were rushing Battlefield 4... Other then that, all their games are either good, or straight up fantastic.

The new NFS Rivals captured what the franchise is all about (trying to run away from the cops and having a lot of stuff on the line) It being locked to 30 FPS had no effect on me, considering the max FPS I could get were 30 (on a 7750) and can easily be unlocked to 60 or 120.

Origin is fantastic, it launches my games when I want to play them (For some reason, every time I want to play a game that I haven't played in a while on steam, its always down or it just doesn't work.) getting refunds is possible. The boot time for Origin is about 5 seconds for me, where as Steam... Takes a while to say the least. Steam does have streaming and stuff like that; which is nice but is something I don't personally use.

Quite frankly, none of the DRM's from anyone are bad. If they launch my games their good, that's all that matters.

I like where EA is taking battlefield, it seems like it could be the new bad company type of scenario that happened with it.

Also a message from the "MasterRace"

"We will bash anything that isn't Steam, Praise GabeN"

Noaot0f.jpg?1

For me in particular? After they fucking ruined Origin, Bioware, Westwood Studios AND Maxis....In the childhood, EA touched me in the childhood..... :(

-------

Current Rig

-------

34649930.jpg

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

The new NFS Rivals captured what the franchise is all about (trying to run away from the cops and having a lot of stuff on the line) It being locked to 30 FPS had no effect on me, considering the max FPS I could get were 30 (on a 7750) and can easily be unlocked to 60 or 120.

Just want to point this out

http://youtu.be/eDA37BmvNwM?t=5m40s

that is what happens when you unlock the frame rate

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Lancer14711, on 11 Jun 2014 - 6:22 PM, said:

Just want to point this out

http://youtu.be/eDA37BmvNwM?t=5m40s

that is what happens when you unlock the frame rate

Nope. That doesn't happen... Ill upload a video some where to prove it

For me in particular? After they fucking ruined Origin, Bioware, Westwood Studios AND Maxis....In the childhood, EA touched me in the childhood..... :(

You know. It is hard to pick which one hurt the most.

Westwood with C & C and Dune 2. 

Bioware with last Dragon's Age, SWTOR, ME3.

Wing Commander, Ultima franchise. 

Maxis with it's sims.

The freshest is Bioware to me, since I decided to stop giving them my money after ME3. I LAUGHED when people were crying about BF4. It is like how many times can you get burned? Stop pre ordering this crap at least and read some non IGN reviews before you buy the game. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Nope. That doesn't happen... Ill upload a video some where to prove it

So you're calling TotalBiscuit a liar??

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Lancer14711, on 11 Jun 2014 - 6:41 PM, said:Lancer14711, on 11 Jun 2014 - 6:41 PM, said:

So you're calling TotalBiscuit a liar??

Im just saying he only put in one line. game time fixes that.

So no, hes not a liar. He just didn't do it right. Ill go capture and host the file some where.

I tried doing it now, EA must of patched it. It used to work when it came out. Ohh well.

there's another bad thing about EA I guess

THEY RUINED BATTLEFIED!!!

Yeah really that's the only thing, that was the only EA game I played anyways

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

34649930.jpg

I swear if you guys keep posting these things I won't have any more soda to spit. xD

From start to finish, my experience with EA.

I pre-ordered SWTOR after being interested for years, I played for a good while but the game was sub-par as it were. Then the players and fans got hit with the news the game was going F2P, microtransactions became abundant and every single thing going forward was going to be bland and half-assed if it wasn't going into the Cartel Market. A lot of old content was re-used, they cut a lot of corners on content and would bring out gear designs that were in the game at launch but for some reason they took out, seemingly just so they could sell it.

Following after that, I decided to go and play Simcity at launch. Well, so much for that because as it seems the launch was absolutely horrid and you were better off trying to fuck the holes in a brick. After finally getting a chance to play, they announce bullshit DLC and the game-maps are too small and the AI is stupid and the always online bullshit. Though even to the chagrin of others, I actually didn't mind the Neighbourhood feature, I used to play with my ex-partner and we'd play together, though it was pretty much pointless because alll the benefits of being in a neigbourhood NEVER FUCKING WORKED. I sent money from one of my cities to another and it literally took a day, my time, before it appeared in the city despite the money being taken out as soon as I did the action in the first city.

I then after watching some videos decided to give Battlefield 4 a try, ho ho ho was that a mistake. Despite constantly going back like a woman in an abusive relationship with a man she thinks she loves, I keep going back only to get angry and disappointed whilst smashing my keyboard in frustration over BF4. From game design to implementation and then to the actual EA parts of marketing and things like SELLING FUCKING BATTLEBACKS, fucking twats.

Then there's also the transactions in Sims 3, hopefully sims 4 doesn't have that bullshit.

Another EA hate thread? Let's see now.... NO!!! I MUST RESIST!!!

Too late.

EA is just starting to be bad publisher. And I really mean that. The upcoming BF:HL, which clearly is reason for this topic, is EAs way to try doing the Activision thing. Split deveploment between two studios with one making the amazing stuff every few years and another making crap to keep money flowing. The decitions to close down several online games and Gamespy is also bit bad decition. But I was against Gamespy when it was new since I had saw what closing server browser service will do to game (All Seeing Eye and CS1.6).

So where EA has touched me? To the laugh nerve since now every decition they make bring out the trolls, noobs and other funny ppl of the internet.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hardline should be BF4 dlc. I REALLY doubt that they've been working on that for three years.