Show me on the bear where EA touched you.

Vidiot

I don't hate EA. They may not be the best gaming company but they're also not the worst.

At the very least EA isn't trying to create an oppressive monopoly which doesn't care about their customers.

They may be incompetent but at least they're not evil.

At the very least EA isn't trying to create an oppressive monopoly which doesn't care about their customers.

You made a funny.

I like you.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

EA and Ubisoft are the main reasons people like Skidrow are still in business.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

As the entire gaming community is aware of, EA tends to be pretty shotty with its business "ideas". From rushing the launch of a game that is no-where near complete, terrible DRM polices, or spamming a game with day 1 DLC's (because it totally isn't apart of the game even though its ready at the same time as game :/). Sometime with some game, we have crossed paths with EA that tended to leave our wallets a little sore. So today's discussion is, what game or business move (like Origin) of theirs made you absolutely hate EA? Now I know that some of you are going to instinctively start typing "THEY RUINED BATTLEFIELD!!"please somebody get that reference.  which is totally fine, but if that is the case, then try and dig a little deeper and think of ANY other game that they might have trashed. 

And at a complete side note, I was thinking of doing these little discussion things daily, since people seemed to have liked the last two I did. So tell me if I should do that, or if I should just  go back to eating Doritos in the corner because I totally will.D

Doritos and Mountain Dew. I need a friend :)

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Another EA hate thread? Let's see now.... NO!!! I MUST RESIST!!!

Too late.

EA is just starting to be bad publisher. And I really mean that. The upcoming BF:HL, which clearly is reason for this topic, is EAs way to try doing the Activision thing. Split deveploment between two studios with one making the amazing stuff every few years and another making crap to keep money flowing. The decitions to close down several online games and Gamespy is also bit bad decition. But I was against Gamespy when it was new since I had saw what closing server browser service will do to game (All Seeing Eye and CS1.6).

So where EA has touched me? To the laugh nerve since now every decition they make bring out the trolls, noobs and other funny ppl of the internet.

Hardline actually wasn't at all the main reason for this thread. Even though I personally won't buy it unless it gets the "TotalBiscuit Award", I am optimistic. It fixes things that have plagued BF since day one, but overall I am just not sold yet. And I am mostly talking about past decisions, because they honestly have made some bad mistakes. And EA just brings out the troll in people because EA has had just such a bad track record lately. 

I don't hate EA. They may not be the best gaming company but they're also not the worst.

They may be incompetent but at least they're not evil.

Really depends on how old you are, because EA has done exactly that. They took a lof of the peoples favorite companies in this thread and made them mediocre. 

quUEzwt.png

Not listed is the estimated 300 million dollar deal with the NFL where they killed the NFL 2k franchise (competition). Madden has been horrible the last decade, and Madden started on the PC, as did NHL hockey. So EA also kept PC games off the PC.

So pretty much the older you are? The more hate you have for EA, and to be honest? They deserve it. Any company can change though, and we will see. 

There is no way in hell I am pre ordering the next Mass Effect, Dragon's Age, FIFA, or Battlefront though. I will wait at least a few weeks with honest reviews. If the games are legitimately good, and EA stresses quality over quantity and doesn't rush development and *shocker* actually does things like delay a game, like CDPR did with Witcher 3 to get it "just right"?  We will laud the game and the company.

Things EA has done right lately...

1. Put ignite on the FIFA game. 

2. Start a along beta of a new FPS. 

3. Origin has really stepped up their game. Some fantastic game deals and not near as bad as say Ubisoft.

Here is a good in depth video of what happened as far as stocks and what is wrong with the game industry, though this person seems ignorant that many of these companies he lists are under EA as a publisher (like Bioware/Maxis). Basically MS is the only one rolling in dough and that isn't from X Box where they have actually operated at a loss most of the time. MS makes a metric @!%^ ton off Windows sales though. If they ever got behind PC gaming...my goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Really depends on how old you are, because EA has done exactly that. They took a lof of the peoples favorite companies in this thread and made them mediocre. 

quUEzwt.png

Not listed is the estimated 300 million dollar deal with the NFL where they killed the NFL 2k franchise (competition). Madden has been horrible the last decade, and Madden started on the PC, as did NHL hockey. So EA also kept PC games off the PC.

So pretty much the older you are? The more hate you have for EA, and to be honest? They deserve it. Any company can change though, and we will see. 

There is no way in hell I am pre ordering the next Mass Effect, Dragon's Age, FIFA, or Battlefront though. I will wait at least a few weeks with honest reviews. If the games are legitimately good, and EA stresses quality over quantity and doesn't rush development and *shocker* actually does things like delay a game, like CDPR did with Witcher 3 to get it "just right"?  We will laud the game and the company.

Things EA has done right lately...

1. Put ignite on the FIFA game. 

2. Start a along beta of a new FPS. 

3. Origin has really stepped up their game. Some fantastic game deals and not near as bad as say Ubisoft.

Here is a good in depth video of what happened as far as stocks and what is wrong with the game industry, though this person seems ignorant that many of these companies he lists are under EA as a publisher (like Bioware/Maxis). Basically MS is the only one rolling in dough and that isn't from X Box where they have actually operated at a loss most of the time. MS makes a metric @!%^ ton off Windows sales though. If they ever got behind PC gaming...my goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk

Yah I was so psyched to hear that there was going to be a brand new Battlefront (since that game was quite literally my childhood PS2 Master Race ), then I heard that EA was publishing it and then continued to sob in the corner. EA doesn't always fuck up, but when they do one thing right, they seem to do three other things wrong. Although actually having a true BETA for Hardline is great, not like that little dinky "GIVE IS YOUR MONEY" BETA they had for BF4.

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath - Oddworld were doing fine until EA came along in 2005, expected a Billion Dollars revenue without spending any money on marketing. Luckily they have been able to pick themselves back up in the last couple of years and are doing well thanks to Digital Distribution, now they don't need some greedy-ass publisher.

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013