Twitch streamer robbed at gun point

XTankSlayerX

running off-screen after being alerted by shouting in a neighbouring room.

Shortly after leaving the room, shouts of "On the ground now! On the ground!" can be heard while the live stream continues, before a man armed with a pistol enters and proceeds to remove a number of items, which the police believe to be weapons, from the room. Some minutes later the same man turns off the lights and disconnects the webcam, ending the stream.

Article: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/dota-2-gamer-robbed-at-gunpoint-live-on-camera-9517061.html

All I can say is thankfully no one got hurt.

It's okay, it was a DOTA player..... ;)

Haha ;)

Its all looks these days

shut down for terms of service violation, bit harsh dont you think???

Looking for a job

shut down for terms of service violation, bit harsh dont you think???

Turns out getting robbed and held at gun point is a service violation -_- 

Seriously Twitch? Pretty sure most people who prefer not to be held at gun point and robbed, also I'm pretty sure you can't control when you get robbed, etc. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Turns out getting robbed and held at gun point is a service violation -_-

Seriously Twitch? Pretty sure most people who prefer not to be held at gun point and robbed, also I'm pretty sure you can't control when you get robbed, etc. 

I wonder what's the story behind that. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Damn, not cool, not coolat all.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

"The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations." O.o

Twitch: "Oh you know what we can do! A robbery is nothing that bad, but lets just rub some salt in the wounds because f!@# logic! .....BEST.IDEA.EVER!"

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/10/nikki-elise-dota-2-gamer-sajeden-robbed-during-twitch-live-stream-in-tempe-arizona-4756105/

More information here, including a link to a post she made on FB. Seems like the live stream viewers acted quickly, contacting one of her friends who then called the cops. The police managed to apprehend one of the robbers.

GG.

It's okay, it was a DOTA player..... ;)

Snip

Why are you pincking on me for?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Crazy stuff I didn't think this was true when I seen it originally

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

If SUNSfan lost his life there it would be a disaster for the dota community, thank god

@Raining_Pixel 's fault, he incited me. :ph34r:

It's alright^^ Im not mad  ^_^

peterpush1_zps10e07e63.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Posted on her FB

"Thank you for the kind outpouring of love and support for SUNSfan and me right now. It means the world that we (and both cats) are okay. It was a very scary situation to be in - especially knowing we were not the originally intended target, and how much worse it could have been if it were not for our friends from around the world who acted quickly to get the police involved. A big thank you especially to Ace, Neil, Spawn, CyborgMatt, and anyone else I may have regretfully missed who acted quickly - especially since our own neighbors DID NOT call anyone. We owe you our love and gratitude and life.

To get to the gist of it, I was streaming when we heard a loud noise in the other room and thought it was the cats. SUNSfan went to go check it out and I hear another noise and him yelling. Two men kicked our door in and pointed their guns at us looking for the drugs and guns of some other man who was their original intended target but they got us instead. We only had the latter and offered them everything else we had. They had us face down on the floor and took our belongings (bank cards, phones, jewelry, laptop, etc). They were going to take us to the bank and keep me hostage while SUNSfan took out money and from there god only knows. That was when the cops showed up (again thanks to you). The police have someone in custody, and have all the numbers to track and trace any other accomplices (with my rifle serial numbers probably being the strongest apart from the video feed you took - and not getting into any debates, were all legally purchased in CALIFORNIA not Arizona and honestly I don't even know how long they would have stuck around or if they would keep us alive if they didn't find anything worth taking and knowing we had some money in the bank and wanted to wait for the bank to open).

Sometimes, the risk of having such a public, out there life creates various speculations and theories and opinions, too much and sometimes too painful to address individually, but on the bright side, I don't know where I would be if I wasn't doing what I was doing to have you come to our aid when the people who lived much closer were not able to do the same. I can not thank you all enough.

At this time, we're still in shock and can't really go through each individual messages just yet, but we'll get to them eventually and I promise to read and respond to as much as I can, if not all of it (as I usually try to do). All that matters is that we are okay."

Here's the stream on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0X5GYkF_vo#t=11

That. is. scary as f***...  I've been assaulted with guns too, it's NOT something you forget. I'm glad they're ok, it's all that matters now.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

The internet did some good for once helping save them both.  Also let me say this is definitely going to increase her channel's popularity and she is pretty hot so getting her face on tv isn't going to hurt her financially either.  The scariest thing ever could end up benefiting her in the long run.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Can't imagine a situation like that. Robberies at gun point are luckily extremely rare here.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.