What Should I Do to My Car?

Guest Philosophy

tumblr_inline_mzdn1uzzBh1qjb163_zps4e326

That's how I feel when I see any "Donk" drive by.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

That's how I feel when I see any "Donk" drive by.

I think there was a thread about this. It was called, "Cars you wouldn't be seen in." I got a warning point from there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Sound proofing mat in the doors and other places. That'll quiet it down on the inside and sometimes it even improves audio quality^^ 

Other than that the only other things i can think of are nicer rims and heavier tint on the rear windows (check what is allowed where you live)

tumblr_inline_mzdn1uzzBh1qjb163_zps4e326

On my truck I have a dark tint... I am a cop so yeah, I am pretty up on that stuff...

On my truck I have a dark tint... I am a cop so yeah, I am pretty up on that stuff...

I've applied to the swedish police academy 5 times now... No luck so far :/

But then you know what kind of tint is legal at least  :)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Put some spinning rims on it!  :P NSFW.

Look, man! They spinnin', brother, they spinnin'!

i7sti84kDgpEW.gif

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I'm not sure I can take this thread seriously.

Don't be one of those clowns I see rollin up next to me at the stoplight with top shelf 24" rims on their Crown Vic

Please, please, please don't be that guy

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I'm not sure I can take this thread seriously.

Don't be one of those clowns I see rollin up next to me at the stoplight with top shelf 24" rims on their Crown Vic

Please, please, please don't be that guy

It gets worse...  :(

donk-limo.jpg

blue-hummer-limo-miami.preview.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Do nothing... Just drive it!

Any money you put into that car will be money wasted. That car was designed purely for the purpose of transporting people, don't try and turn it into a race car.

Save the money you would have put into it towards something fit for purpose.

OVERCLOCK IT TO 5 GHZ!!!!! PC CAR MASTER RACE WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

a quick google search will tell you that a 1996 chevy lumina with the 3.4l lq1 has a range of roughly 320 miles a 16.5 gallon tank. which is in line with the 17mpg city 26mpg highway that the car really gets. Honestly, the car is barely worth over a grand. its not worth the money to upgrade or modify it. i know its your first car and you feel attached to it, but sometime's you just have to move on.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Hi, I have a 1996 Cheverlet Lumina it was my first ever car and I decided rather than move on and drive my truck or any of my other cars  I would upgrade it. I put it $800 in speakers and a sub yesterday along with a touch screen GPS/Blu Ray Player/Radio/Stereo Head. I am thinking of buying a GT style spoiler replacing the current setup of four exhaust pipes with two high performance pipes. raising it up in the backing by 2" and keeping the front the same, along with a vinyl wrap. Anything else cool I could do with it. Share what you would  change/do to it!

This is what it looks like currently. 

need pics and specs of said speakers and subs.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Hi, I have a 1996 Cheverlet Lumina it was my first ever car and I decided rather than move on and drive my truck or any of my other cars  I would upgrade it. I put it $800 in speakers and a sub yesterday along with a touch screen GPS/Blu Ray Player/Radio/Stereo Head. I am thinking of buying a GT style spoiler replacing the current setup of four exhaust pipes with two high performance pipes. raising it up in the backing by 2" and keeping the front the same, along with a vinyl wrap. Anything else cool I could do with it. Share what you would  change/do to it!

chevrolet-lumina-16.jpg

Please don't.

110709d1337305180t-ricer-experiences-her

Use that cash for something more productive, not ricing up your old car.

Personally, I'd just upgrade the sound system and added gps if I really wanted to do something to the car. Anything else would be a waste. This isn't some high end performance car nor should you add some 2Fast2Furious wrap everywhere.

chevrolet-lumina-16.jpg

You can try to convert it to an electric car for in town commutes. That's what I plan to do with my 04 Dodge Neon when I buy my next vehicle.

Gaming/Editing PC: AMD FX-8350 | CM Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600| Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE | PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Corsair 600W ATX Semi-Modular PSU | Thermaltake Chaser A71 | LG 25UM64-S 25.0" 2560 x 1080 Display | CM Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse

You can try to convert it to an electric car for in town commutes. That's what I plan to do with my 04 Dodge Neon when I buy my next vehicle.

His car already gets 35MPG on highway.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

His car already gets 35MPG on highway.

if he converts to full electric, he could probably get close to 100mpg.

Gaming/Editing PC: AMD FX-8350 | CM Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600| Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE | PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Corsair 600W ATX Semi-Modular PSU | Thermaltake Chaser A71 | LG 25UM64-S 25.0" 2560 x 1080 Display | CM Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse

stance it

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

This would make the best sleeper drag car. Put an ls1 a six speed I'm not too familiar with Chevy transmissions. Then drag race it for the hell of. You know spend the last of your days with it having fun.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

It gets 29 MPG city... mid 30s freeway...

That's it? Our Inline 4 '97 Skylark got 30 city, 35-40 freeway (40+ if you were speeding like fucking crazy). And it beat up multiple Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros, Tuners, etc. ;)

But add the wing, paint everything black, and add some nice rims similar to these. http://www.bigbrandwheels.com/Speedy-Wheels-Race-Mode-15-Inch-15X6-5-Black-Rims/6253/

That's about as cool as you can make a Lumia look.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

need pics and specs of said speakers and subs.

The Head Unit: Alpine X INE-W927HD

The Sub: Alpine SWS-15D2

Speakers: Alpine SPS-610

I edited what I want to do with the car. Not I am NOT turning into a ricer :)

I edited what I want to do with the car. Not I am NOT turning into a ricer :)

Good. Nobody likes ricers.

Destroy it with imagination. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

What are your thoughts on rather than making it "cool" making it classy? like leather seats and other things of that nature new "quiet" exhaust?

Leather seats suck!!!!! They look badass in my car, but here in Georgia on a sunny day, good god it is horrible.