PS4 vs. Xbox One Native Resolutions and Framerates

julekule

This page compares the native resolutions and framerates of PS4 games and Xbox One games. Native resolution indicates the resolution a game is rendered it before any potential upscaling. Most, if not all, PS4 and Xbox One games output at 1080p, but some might not have a native 1080p resolution. This is due to core capablities of the PS4 being stronger than Xbox One.

source:http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

God, that Xone with all those resolutions 

792p

882p

1440x1080??

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Not surprise considering the Xbox One's GPU power is that of an HD 7770.

Sigh... MS should have gone with some real next gen hardware but they cared more about tv. Ahem, GDDR5 VRAM and a GPU that isn't low end.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

u notice some games here are cpu bound

the 8 1.6ghz cpus just cant push enough frames .....

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It all comes down to exclusive games in the end anyway.

144Hz goodness

The Witcher 3 @720p/30Fps on XboxOne 
And they call it "Next Gen" lol

RTX2070OC 

The Witcher 3 @720p/30Fps on XboxOne 

And they call it "Next Gen" lol

what will homefront the revolution run at when it come out.

It's simple, at the end of the day the consoles are lacking in power and that has to be compensated for.   A pretty picture will sell a lot better than a tech spec that not everyone understands.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

what will homefront the revolution run at when it come out.

Probably 900p/30Fps on XboxOne like Ryse Son Of Rome.

RTX2070OC 

u notice some games here are cpu bound

the 8 1.6ghz cpus just cant push enough frames .....

that 8 core 1.6 GHZ AMD cpu is much slower than i3 4330 :D 

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Get over it Jesus Christ, not everything is about the resolution. People playing consoles can't even tell the difference between 30fps vs 60fps until they use a PC for awhile. Xbone and ps4 do what they were intended to do, play games.

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

I think everyone should do what Killzone: Shadow Fall team did. Absolutely make sure it runs at 60 FPS in multiplayer even if it doesn't on singleplayer.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

#resoultionsisjustanumber

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Jesus Fucking Christ. 

Not this again. 

You'll notice the only people who bitch about the numbers are bitchers. 

Everyone else simply grabs their console/PC/everything and just plays. Who'd a thunk that. 

Pretty sad for a "next-gen" experience but on the other hand, is it?

Either of these consoles costs perhaps a little more than just the CPU one of us would build into a rig.  There is no voodoo happening, you get what you pay for.

Get over it Jesus Christ, not everything is about the resolution. People playing consoles can't even tell the difference between 30fps vs 60fps until they use a PC for awhile. Xbone and ps4 do what they were intended to do, play games.

Also entirely true.  Ask people without tricked out gaming PCs what the latest games look like and they'll say it's the best thing they've ever seen in their life.  Plato's Cave, man, no shame in it.

I think the only thing that bugs me at this point is exclusivity.  Let us play games on whatever platform we want for whatever situation we choose.  But that won't be going away anytime soon.

All the GTX780Ti's in the world won't bring me closer playing Mario Kart 8. :(

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

All the GTX780Ti's in the world won't bring me closer playing Mario Kart 8. :(

It will if Dolphin ever supports the Wii U in the future.

Either of these consoles costs perhaps a little more than just the CPU one of us would build into a rig.  There is no voodoo happening, you get what you pay for.

except that for that budget you can fit in an r9 270 which wipes the floor with both consoles...

That's not an excuse. First of all whenever framerate compromises get made the player should be allowed to decide wether he prefers a better resolution or a better framerate. And if you buy a console over a pc there should be a reason, not an excuse.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Won't happen for a long time. 3x harder to emulate then Wii. Dat Power PC.

Now "next gen"? That is another story. Once the jailbreak happens on the consoles, the people who make the emulators think they can make a emulator work within a year. 

http://news.dice.com/2013/12/09/the-quest-to-build-xbox-one-and-ps4-emulators/

We will have a PS4/Xbox One emulator before a Xbox 360/wii u/PS3 emulator.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

#ifisjustanumber?  :P

Pretty sad for a "next-gen" experience but on the other hand, is it?

man you forgot that you can not play on console without ~1000$ TV LOL

so for comparison i have payed almost 1000$ in my PC with 23" AH-IPS monitor and console costs ~1400$ with TV. and i play on ultra in many games, or on high but on 60 FPS 1080p. i even can downsample in many games from 3200x1800  consoles play 30 FPS in most games and lower resolutions 720p 792p 900p

and 1080p if game is like mario :D so...

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

True folks that drop multiple G's on crazy TVs could do better, though I'm not sure a $1000 TV is the average.  $200-400 maybe, and honestly, the house probably already had one for that outdated technology I've heard folks use...cabbble?  Or something.

man you forgot that you can not play on console without ~1000$ TV LOL

so for comparison i have payed almost 1000$ in my PC with 23" AH-IPS monitor and console costs ~1400$ with TV. and i play on ultra in many games, or on high but on 60 FPS 1080p. consoles play 30 FPS in most games and lower resolutions 720p 792p 900p

and 1080p if game is like mario :D so...

Hehe well could always plug ya console into one of those fine monitors.

Done that with my PS4 and PA248Q , HDMI to monitor, headphones into controller done. Side effect is it shows how shite and old my TV is now :P

except that for that budget you can fit in an r9 270 which wipes the floor with both consoles...

That's not an excuse. First of all whenever framerate compromises get made the player should be allowed to decide wether he prefers a better resolution or a better framerate. And if you buy a console over a pc there should be a reason, not an excuse.

Add to that R9 280's have been 180-200 on PC part picker for weeks now, and they currently have the MSI currently for $199.99. Now you simply aren't just beating it by a lot with a r9 270, you are simply destroying the PS4.

The thing almost is at a GTX 770 reference speeds and runs cool and it is clocked at 1000. I imagine you could push it past a 770 reference. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/03/17/first-impressions-msi-radeon-r9-280-twin-frozr-iv-graphics-card/

I wouldn't pay 400 dollars for a PS4, when I can drop a r9 290 in my PC,  and I wouldn't buy the Xbox One for that unless they made all games now run on the PC, with optional higher resolution/settings  and turned it into a stream box for my PC. Then? I might consider the thing. I could put it on a another TV and it might be a product worth a darn.  

No game is worth 400 bucks and about the only PS4 games I am interested in is Uncharted (years away) and Project Beast (prob same). Xbox One? I don't want to play any game at that resolution/fps. I have already played games before 2008. I don't want to go back in time. Well ok, maybe I do, but not to play video games.  ;)

Forza at 1080p maxed out 60 fps, and not looking crap with fxaa or no aa? Yeah I would play that. That isn't happening on that console and the next forza is at 30 fps? Hell with that.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.