*price update reduced by a lot*Its time Zalman gets serious with the H1

brownninja97

The prices have been changed the led version is now £100 while the non led is £80. Not sure why this is but its cheaper so yay ignore prices below.

Well its a brownninja thread, what you thought there wouldnt be music, jesus whats wrong with you. Anyways get some tea, this one is awesome.

Onto the case

H1_Eng_01.jpg This photo is pretty bad but that is brushed aluminium and then rubberised metal around the aluminium and then mesh.

Well firstly the front, you might notice that its got the front panel a little flared and the vents on the top are all open. Well its not always like that, also its calls lambo mode*cough@Slick*cough*. I was going to do a feature list but well i was beaten, such a shame. Moving onwards however they did miss a few things

But this might help you understand some of the fancy features

H1_kor_59.jpg

So the list says that there is a 200mm fan which is either led or non led(can be switched for dual 120mm), thats all good and nice yeah whatever, it then comes with two 120mm at the top, the metal bracket has a rubber clip on if you want to change for better fans, there is then a 120mm at the back next to the IO shield. Zalman also throw in another fan but they leave that you to mount where ever you want to mount it because why not.

H1_kor_29.jpg

Lets talk filters, the bottom of filters by two fan filters(magnetic) and there is another filter behind that panel at the front and in case you are wondering if you dont like that brushed aluminium(a small demographic) panel then you can take it off for more air-flow. Also rubber feet, yay. Also means the psu will not slowly be murdered due to lack of air. They also have rubber on the psu mount because it is needed for some psus

H1_kor_21.jpg

Onto the meat and veg, the drive bays can be removed or you can shove in a total of 6 3.5 drives or 7 2.5 drives. With both trays out you can still mount a 2.5 drive or throw it behind the motherboard tray. Hdds are mounts at the back with rubber mounts, tooless of course.

As for water cooling support, 240mm at the top, 240 in the front if you ditch the bays and the 200mm fan and 140 rad in the back. 

The wierd looking bracket in the middle can be removed or you can shove a fan onto it, up 120mm is recommended but you can probably go bigger then that. It also has a clip which can help against gp sagging, havent seen it in action yet.

It supports to a 350mm gpu which isnt a problem, ive never seen one that big before 

It also supports up to a 160mm cpu cooler(for example the nd-d14 is 160mm and the nd-d15 is 165mm) That could be a problem for a few people.

H1_kor_23.jpg

I wouldnt really call this hot swap but they included a fancy cable just because they can. Remember cables in the back, this is 2014. 

H1_kor_61.jpg

Finally the front IO, but they forgot the fan system, go watch that video above or not, whatever, anyways its a pretty nice fan controller(supports up to 6 fans) which controls rpm etc and a nice feature is that it can turn fans off if needed, this is great as its normally in expensive cases.

Thats all she wrote and that people is how a case overview is done, not one picture or a link to a video. 

http://www.zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=916

Hitting the market at (scroll to the top)

NON LED version(just has no leds)

£125

$150

LED version 

£130

£155

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Looks ugly with the external fans IMO.

Look at the first picture, you dont normally see the fans.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Look at the first picture, you dont normally see the fans.

I know. :)

It looks terrible, Zalman would have to fire it's whle design team before I would buy one of their cases.

Compatible with Windows 95

Certainly looks interesting, will need to see what the quality of the case is like. 

My primary experience with Zalman is cheaper products that feel cheaper.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

The external fans on top look weird, and the cover on top looks like solar panels. Both things I don't find appealing.

Certainly looks interesting, will need to see what the quality of the case is like. 

My primary experience with Zalman is cheaper products that feel cheaper.

zalman used to make a lot of high end cases then they realised that they would make more money in the cheap sector.

Listen if you care.

Not gonna lie, that top fin feature is pretty damn badass.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

The external fans on top look weird, and the cover on top looks like solar panels. Both things I don't find appealing.

you dont see the external fans, there is a over

If you dont like the panels then you dont have to raise them. Guess its a love or hate thing.

Listen if you care.

That top ventilation tho

Now the Cooler Master V10 GT can sit in this lambo like case and you can pretend your pc can car

No matter how hard I try to get into these newer 2014 cases, they all fall flat on their face in one way or another. I'm going to go ahead and give Phanteks the win this year for their matx cases that wow me. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Unpleasing aesthetics, why the hell would someone want fins on their case?

it automatically opens and cool down the system, that's why.

watch this.

It seems people didnt respond too well and now the price has come down to £100 and £80 which is fucking awesome

Listen if you care.

For that price I would buy this but I already have a corsair 540 air and a lian li fan controller. The fan controller is utter shit though. I would never buy anything lian li every again. The controller doesn't actually fit into a drive bay.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Front intake potential looks rather dubious and restricted but the rest looks alright.  And for the price, you can't go wrong.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Looks like it has good airflow and a place for thick radiatior top? I will definatly look more into this case

Looks ugly with the external fans IMO.

Dude... those fans aren't external

*vomits profusely*

Zalman... Why must you Zalman so much?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

*vomits profusely*

Zalman... Why must you Zalman so much?

from what ive gathered you hate zalman with a passion

Listen if you care.

from what ive gathered you hate zalman with a passion

Most people on LTT forums do, But for no good reason. Well the reason is that they are cheaply made etc but what most people apparently don't realize is the prices are also cheap. I bought my Zalman Z11 for $59 and it came with two 120MM silent fans (Intake and exhaust), Two Zalman silent 80mm slim fans, Two fans filters (front and bottom, Also has a mesh for PSU), A sleeved 12V CPU extension cable in an accessory bag and it has a painted black interior.

At that time the only competition in that prIce range was a trash Coolermaster and Antec case, Both looked like plain black boxes with non-painted metal interiors.

It's just a bandwagon thing really. I'd bet money that 90% of the people that hate on Zalman have never owned one of their cases.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 []