Lets share our "not recommended" things that we do to our computers. (Inspired by video about slicks build)

boring thread...

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

if you only have 2 prong plugs it is unlikely that there will be a ground wire running to the box to connect to a three prong plug so you would need to upgrade the wiring in the house as well as the plug.

Thats what I said, the wiring in the house (this room) is old, the plug doesn't have a ground pin.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Thats what I said, the wiring in the house (this room) is old, the plug doesn't have a ground pin.

my house has three prong plugs but no ground going to them. I think a gfi 3 prong plug would keep it in code but still not really solve the ground problem

don't be cheap like I was and use the stock FX-8350 heatsink, you'll regret every minute of it

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I DONT Reccomend getting a bitfenix prodigy XL. And i regret buying my xbox 360, although it is really fun to play worms :-)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

cutting out the motherboard tray with the motherboard still attached to it l so i could "build" it into my desk....its just sitting there in the desk nothing is held down by anything and theres just a some chicken wire protecting the front....do not recommend. 

I DONT Reccomend getting a bitfenix prodigy XL. And i regret buying my xbox 360, although it is really fun to play worms :-)

I don't think the Prodigy XL exists. :P I think only up to Prodigy M.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't think the Prodigy XL exists. :P I think only up to Prodigy M.

LOL. My brain wants a Prodigy xD. I mean the shinobi XL

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Punching it when it gives out weird noises.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Let's see bought a prodigy did a watercooling loop with a 3770k and a Gtx Titan. Cleaning that computer was and is today the most frustrating thing in the world so I drained the loop and let it set for 2 months. So this time I was like screw tiny cases and got an entho primo.... It's sat there three months.

Couldn't fit the stock fans of a h100i since it interfered with the CPU voltage heat sink and RAM slots. So instead of returning it for a h80i or w/e I just zip tied the fans on the outside of the case on the top and called it a day. 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Don't put your ram in your mouth

WOW that sounds wrong

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

Cleaning when it's still switched on, removing all stickers from PCB years ago I wanted a black 24pin so I painted the cables black (in my deference it looked good, didn't look painted on and didn't crack... plus it looked SO much better than the multicolored wires) 

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

Mounting SSDs with one screw. Obviously it's okay since it's a very lightweight drive, but I wouldn't do it with an HDD.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Don't let your sister attempt to carry a 2010 iMac down a flight of stairs with no box or protection. I managed to stop her and sort it out, but I had my heart in my mouth when I first saw what she was trying to do. I think I yelled "Don't you f***ing dare carry that, you fool! Do you want to lose your dissertation or not?" I promptly restored order and carried it myself. In the box, with padding.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Couldn't fit the stock fans of a h100i since it interfered with the CPU voltage heat sink and RAM slots. So instead of returning it for a h80i or w/e I just zip tied the fans on the outside of the case on the top and called it a day. 

I had the same issue and I have a 300r too

I just moved the h100i further away from the motherboard and screwed through the mesh instead of using the screw holes, it lines up perfectly with the holes in the mesh, I just had to widen with a drill bit and a few seconds of grinding

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I failed to multitask while putting aside headset to make room for my plate while putting down a cup of coffee, ended up emptying the entire cup into my computer. It of corse went down, let it dry overnight. In the morning I discovered one dead harddrive but everything else was fine. There are still to this day two giant stains on the ram.

Don't carry your computer down a flight of stairs every time your have to clean it

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1. Mixing core 2 duo with a 7790
Not using the other side of the case for cable management

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Asus 560ti paired with a 4770k. I am inbetween upgrades.

My monitor and PC aren't plugged into a grounded electrical-socket, when I have my feet on my computercase I can feel it tingling on my socks, unless I upgrade the sockets my PC is constantly under static electricity.

Our house does not have any grounded wall sockets :D

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

I have no cable management, and thanks to that some cables are blocking the radiator of my watercooling.

I haven't used a side panel for months, and only cleaned it out once.

I'm always leaving CD/DVDs in the tray, and forget about them untill I need to insert the next CD/DVD.

the connector of my DVI isn't screwed in properly (only one screw and it is halfway in).

Sometimes I go months without updating anything, since I'm to lazy to restart my pc afterwards.

The connectors in my soundcard are too big and making them not fit properly, to fix that some are "pushed" up with some random crap I found.

mhh, looks like I need to take better care for my Computer.

i never screw in VGA or DVI cables, i have a external 2.5" HDD that ive dropped many times and yet i use it for a linux boot drive, my printer is supported by a 10cm shelf, so half of it hangs over, i have it weighed down with some random stuff or it would fall. 

I DONT RUN ANY FANS ON MY CPU COOLER. i just have the case airflow with 2 230mm fans do the job and its not really that bad, never went over 70C 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

1. secure SSD's with dual sided duct tape. 2. leaving your sidepanel off under the table (gets very messy). 3. Build a ITX system in a case without any holes for GPU ventilation and restricted airflow in the front... this might not be a problem with a celeron machine or something like that but my 4670k and 780 is HOT! 4. Use plastic strips to secure fans, not very stirdy but its better that all that fancy schock/noise absorbing crap. 5. Bitfenix spectre's on a H80i, it sounds like a damn WWII plane going down! Just ordered those Noctua NF-F12 industrial design its gonna be a charm. 6. As said small cases and high end gaming systems with too many drives... getting my node 804 in a few days hello chill factor!

It wasn't my PC, but I gave my friend a few fans I had lying around and we had one left after mounting them in all of the actual mounting points, so I taped it in a free floating position in the 5.25 drive bay.