Lets share our "not recommended" things that we do to our computers. (Inspired by video about slicks build)

It's currently sitting under my desk on top of a really cheap, somewhat old plastic container. It's made a few noises, but seems stable enough. Gonna be moving it soon though.

Also, don't sit  it right next to where you sit. You will hit it. A lot.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I have 4 120mm fans as my cooling fan, powered by a cheap 200W PSU. Hanging on my desk, cooling me off.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

• LN2 CPU overclocking. Not recommend unless you know what you are doing. (I don't do this on my main computer)
  • Voltage hacked MSi Afterburner to give me +100mV. Really bad idea, the extra performance is not worth it, but it's still pretty cool
I thought I had more, but for now, this is it

what do you mean the extra performance was not worth it, extra performance is always worth it.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

what do you mean the extra performance was not worth it, extra performance is always worth it.

is around 120MHz, or around 6% more than I can get from overclocking normally, worth the risk of burning your cards power delivery and/or GPU?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

is around 120MHz, or around 6% more than I can get from overclocking normally, worth the risk of burning your cards power delivery and/or GPU?

yes

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

double sided tape + cardboard = hard drive silencer

I ghetto mounted a 120 mm fan on to my psu that uses a 140 fan because the original one stopped working and I'm already done with the waranty

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

1. I made my A10-5800K run a scrypt mining process using both a GPU miner and a CPU miner while I went to Japan for a week. A WEEK of my CPU and GPU running at 100%. My computer still lives.

2. I have a gigantic boombox sitting atop my MATX computer. It is bigger than the actual computer. thankfully the speakers are modular so I can put them on either side of the monitor.

3. My computer runs off of an Ark Technology stock PSU. that should be a sin in and of itself.

4. I recently bought a secondary DVD drive for my desktop for my dad (don't ask) and in true Linus tradition I had to really shove the unit into the box to get it to fit. It was a really tight squeeze. The drive didn't come with any screws, so I cannibalized two of the screws from the other drive and used them. Because I am too lazy to do it on the other side, my second drive is mounted on that one side.

5. I leave my PC open on my desk, though I hear a lot of other people also do that anyway.

6. My laptop probably runs hotter than I should allow, but it's an AMD, so there's not a right lot I can do about that...

Cutting the ESATA cable from your front IO because it's chunky, and utterly useless. It just makes clutter in the case.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Cutting the ESATA cable from your front IO because it's chunky, and utterly useless. It just makes clutter in the case.

How dare you! Esata is a godsend and I wish more cases has it on the front.

How dare you! Esata is a godsend and I wish more cases has it on the front.

I have literally never seen/had the need for it. I hate my case anyway.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Use more than 3 screws to mount a 240mm rad. Don't use the thermal paste that comes pre-applied. 

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Got a E-ATX motherboard in this mid tower ATX case > CM690 II Advanced Nvidia Edition. The cable management holes are half covered :P

Leak testing for 2hours not 24-48hours after coolant change.

No leaks no problem.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

My front grille was caked before I wiped it off to take setup pictures. :D

Some day I'll provide you a image of my glorious PSU filter  ;)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

YOU PUT A DILDO IN YOUR FAN?????????????

That is most screwed up thing I have ever heard lol.

Specs:  CPU- AMD FX 8320 @ 3.5Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 GPU -EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked  RAM- 16GB 1600MHz (4x4)  HD- Western Digital Blue Hard Drive 1TB  PSU - Corsair CX 750M Case: Corsair 300R OS-  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Edition 2013 

I have literally never seen/had the need for it. I hate my case anyway.

Its great for hooking up bare HDD, especially when diagnosing bad ones. Data to esata cable and a molex ac adapter. Was also nice back in the day when USB 3 didn't exsist or was in its infancy. Still nice though as I find sata II speed esata better than USB 3.0 for storage as its far more consistent and preforms just like having a HDD in your PC. Oh and sata III speed esata does exsist on newer boards.

I have all of my HDDS/SSDS(2xhdd 1xssd)Sitting on each other on top of a fan at the bottom,

My mobo wasn't going so i rammed it in scratched the shit out of the area around the mounting holes and I also only use 4 screws.

My cpu cooler was slightly too tall and I did want to exchange it for the smaller one so my side panel is flex to epically.

My graphics card didn't line up with the holes on the back so I zip tided it to the case.

There was a bread crumb stuck in my usb and I was to lazy to tip the PC so I used a knife to get it out and fired the front header usb ports on the mobo so my mobo can have front usbs anymore, what a shame 

My cpu cooler was slightly too tall and I did want to exchange it for the smaller one so my side panel is flex to epically.

I need a picture of that lol

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Its great for hooking up bare HDD, especially when diagnosing bad ones. Data to esata cable and a molex ac adapter. Was also nice back in the day when USB 3 didn't exsist or was in its infancy. Still nice though as I find sata II speed esata better than USB 3.0 for storage as its far more consistent and preforms just like having a HDD in your PC. Oh and sata III speed esata does exsist on newer boards.

I think FireWire is still better than ESATA. I never would use ESATA anyway.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I think FireWire is still better than ESATA. I never would use ESATA anyway.

how is firewire better than eSATA? i would agree its better than USB 2.0 but eSATA is quite a stretch.