BOINC Pentathlon 2024

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

But WUs need validation tasks which can take days for someone to get allocated and do so you'll get points credited after the start so it's all good even if fast.

This is not true with Primegrid. A few years ago they switched to a new validation method. This new method generates a different task called a proof task though most of the PG regulars call it a DC (double-check) task. This task takes minutes to run on nearly any hardware.

BOINC Team Member of TeAm AanandTech

BOINCGames.com - BOINC Competition all year long.

2 hours ago, AamirA said:

Can you fix this on the first post? I didn't even realize numberfields is gpu cause resource usage isn't filled in right.

Ah damn it, will do. Pretty sure I had it right at one point then probably messed it up during another edit 🙃

1 hour ago, SkillzTA said:

This is not true with Primegrid. A few years ago they switched to a new validation method. This new method generates a different task called a proof task though most of the PG regulars call it a DC (double-check) task. This task takes minutes to run on nearly any hardware.

I didn't mean the run time, I meant the time someone actually getting that task to validate what you have done. It was close enough to start time I figured wouldn't be a problem.

I didn't want to manage my systems too much so let them just run few days before hand and noticed would take quite a long time for pending tasks to get validated. Plus wanted to get a feel of PPD anyway.

12 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I didn't mean the run time, I meant the time someone actually getting that task to validate what you have done. It was close enough to start time I figured wouldn't be a problem.

I didn't want to manage my systems too much so let them just run few days before hand and noticed would take quite a long time for pending tasks to get validated. Plus wanted to get a feel of PPD anyway.

Well here's the thing with the DC tasks. They have a 3-day deadline while the main tasks have a 14 day deadline (or 10 day) either way, its much longer than the DC tasks. Therefore, BOINC will automatically run the DC tasks before it does the main tasks. So when a user downloads a DC task (as long as they're not bunkering them) then the DC task will jump up in the "ready to start" queue and will begin as soon as a main task is completed. BOINC will also suspend a main task if the DC task is getting close to it's deadline. 

So basically, the DC tasks have priority when they're downloaded.

15 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

Well here's the thing with the DC tasks. They have a 3-day deadline while the main tasks have a 14 day deadline (or 10 day) either way, its much longer than the DC tasks. Therefore, BOINC will automatically run the DC tasks before it does the main tasks. So when a user downloads a DC task (as long as they're not bunkering them) then the DC task will jump up in the "ready to start" queue and will begin as soon as a main task is completed. BOINC will also suspend a main task if the DC task is getting close to it's deadline. 

So basically, the DC tasks have priority when they're downloaded.

I had tasks take upwards of 24 hours to get validated, guess that may be due to bunkering though. Just felt few hour window wasn't likely to hurt much if anyone hadn't already started and got 1-4 WU completed and also validated in that time.

I have to say I do like the validations task a lot more than increasing quorum though, that's always a right pain for the Pentathlon every time I've ran them 😅

P.S. I really do need to get around to figuring out a better way of managing my systems, currently ssh to all of them individually. So time consuming switch projects or turning on/off networking etc. And every year I say this and never do it.

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I had tasks take upwards of 24 hours to get validated, guess that may be due to bunkering though. Just felt few hour window wasn't likely to hurt much if anyone hadn't already started and got 1-4 WU completed and also validated in that time.

Its a crap shot on whether someone gets a task and can finish and return it immediately. But its much faster than the other method.

I have to say I do like the validations task a lot more than increasing quorum though, that's always a right pain for the Pentathlon every time I've ran them 😅

Facts. The PendKing rules the Pentathlon.

P.S. I really do need to get around to figuring out a better way of managing my systems, currently ssh to all of them individually. So time consuming switch projects or turning on/off networking etc. And every year I say this and never do it.

BOINCTasks. Takes a bit to get it setup, allowing remote GUI, getting the hosts loaded in BT and what not. But once you do, you can control all of the hosts using a single application on Windows (It has a Linux version too, but it sucks). Its similar to the BOINC Manager, but it connects to all the hosts at the same time and allows you to switch between the hosts by just clicking on them.

3 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

BOINCTasks. Takes a bit to get it setup, allowing remote GUI, getting the hosts loaded in BT and what not. But once you do, you can control all of the hosts using a single application on Windows (It has a Linux version too, but it sucks).

Oh very nice, I'll have to give this a try, thanks. Can you change the port the app tries to connect to? I have to run non-standard port and it looks like the find/scan only does IP and password?

so  number field site getting hammar atm.

i will wait for prime grid gpu wu to finish and home site better by sunday morning.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

28 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

BOINCTasks. Takes a bit to get it setup, allowing remote GUI, getting the hosts loaded in BT and what not. But once you do, you can control all of the hosts using a single application on Windows (It has a Linux version too, but it sucks). Its similar to the BOINC Manager, but it connects to all the hosts at the same time and allows you to switch between the hosts by just clicking on them.

oooh nice! Much better than having a million BOINC manager windows open!

35 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Oh very nice, I'll have to give this a try, thanks. Can you change the port the app tries to connect to? I have to run non-standard port and it looks like the find/scan only does IP and password?

Yes, but you have to enter them in manually. Just click add new computer to add them. You can skip the Mac address entry and just enter the IP since it'll be easier and the MAC address will be ignored if left blank.

You'll need to get the password for all the hosts though. If they're all different it'll be time consuming, if not then no problem.

You'll also have to allow remote gui on each host.

9 hours ago, leadeater said:

What is your CPU, more than 15 hours and you could be trying to run too many tasks at once and need to change your PrimeGrid compute preferences.

Umm, it's the Azure F4s_v2, so probably a Xeon Platinum 8370C (Ice Lake), the Xeon Platinum 8272CL (Cascade Lake) processors, or the Xeon Platinum 8168 (Skylake) processors

9 hours ago, cmtedouglas said:

finally some good use for my monthly azure credits 😉

image.png.32c03c32f8cbe3ab655ba1d3f4ac7978.png

though I'm using boincmananger instead of the CLI options

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

1 hour ago, Lightwreather said:

Umm, it's the Azure F4s_v2, so probably a Xeon Platinum 8370C (Ice Lake), the Xeon Platinum 8272CL (Cascade Lake) processors, or the Xeon Platinum 8168 (Skylake) processors

Looking it up I see it is 4 vCPUs. What is a vCPU? Are they real cores, or is this 2 core 4 thread? Even with AVX-512 they're not going to be that fast.

Very roughly, scaling off my Skylake-X CPUs which aren't that dissimilar, if it is 4 real cores you could be looking at around a day per unit. If it is 2 real cores then roughly 2 days.

Edit: above assumes you are using all resources on running 1 task at a time.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, porina said:

Looking it up I see it is 4 vCPUs. What is a vCPU? Are they real cores, or is this 2 core 4 thread?

Neither, it's a virtual CPU core that gets assigned to a host thread. Azure will always be running HT so you could be sharing with another workload on the same core or 2 of your own on the same core.

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

Neither, it's a virtual CPU core that gets assigned to a host thread. Azure will always be running HT so you could be sharing with another workload on the same core or 2 of your own on the same core.

So basically worst case it is 2 real cores so it could be very roughly around 2 days run time for 4 vCPUs.

Elsewhere: now that some CUL units have gone through, I can see the relative throughput of various systems. Intel systems: 1 task using all cores. 7800X3D 2 tasks of 4 cores each, which I'll use as reference performance = 100%:

7980XE: 21 to 30% faster

7920X: 3 to 7% slower

11700k: 54% slower

I'll try 1 task all cores on the 7800X3D later.

Take above relative performance to be VERY rough since it can and will vary with the FFT used in the task, and I may have used the systems while running which would impact timings.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

11 minutes ago, porina said:

I'll try 1 task all cores on the 7800X3D later.

If you are talking about running 1 task on all cores for PrimeGrid Cul then I can tell you what's going to happen.

The tasks are going to take multiple days, nearly a week to complete. Probably longer than a week. These tasks have 21.5MB of L3 cache. So keeping the task within' the L3 domain is what helps them run faster. Since the 7800X3D has 96MB of L3 on a single CCD/CCX it means you can safely run 4 tasks at once. So 2 cores/4 threads per task will be the optimum setup for a 7800X3D running 4 tasks total.

55 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

If you are talking about running 1 task on all cores for PrimeGrid Cul then I can tell you what's going to happen.

The tasks are going to take multiple days, nearly a week to complete.

You are thinking of 1 task running for each core? They mean run just a single task allocated to all the cores.  Sounds like only 2 running tasks before?

@porina

My fastest task run times seem to be on my 6242R's however they are running Windows and it being idiot stupid sometimes put 3 tasks on 1 CPU and 1 on the other rather than 2 of 2. Think I need to do in to BIOS and disable HT, setting BOINC manager to 50% doesn't stop this. Linus doesn't have this problem.

1 hour ago, porina said:

So basically worst case it is 2 real cores so it could be very roughly around 2 days run time for 4 vCPUs.

Correct, this is why I only run 1 task per CPU on my VMs that are hosted on AMD 7443 servers. Plus they are running other things so not safe for PrimeGrid to try more than 1 task per CPU.

59 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

I wrote the earlier post describing all this. I might have an idea what is going on 😄 

11 minutes ago, leadeater said:

You are thinking of 1 task running for each core? They mean run just a single task allocated to all the cores.  Sounds like only 2 running tasks before?

Ok, that might have been a point of confusion. Yes, I meant one task using all cores. Not one task per core. 

Timings for 2880K FFT length (8 cores, 1 worker):  0.85 ms.  Throughput: 1170.20 iter/sec.
Timings for 2880K FFT length (8 cores, 2 workers):  1.65,  1.64 ms.  Throughput: 1217.22 iter/sec.
Timings for 2880K FFT length (8 cores, 4 workers):  3.26,  3.22,  3.23,  3.23 ms.  Throughput: 1237.28 iter/sec.
Timings for 2880K FFT length (8 cores, 8 workers):  8.20,  8.13,  8.16,  8.11,  8.06,  8.02,  7.99,  8.09 ms.  Throughput: 988.30 iter/sec.
Timings for 2880K FFT length (8 cores hyperthreaded, 1 worker):  0.83 ms.  Throughput: 1203.82 iter/sec.
Timings for 2880K FFT length (8 cores hyperthreaded, 2 workers):  1.58,  1.58 ms.  Throughput: 1264.59 iter/sec.
Timings for 2880K FFT length (8 cores hyperthreaded, 4 workers):  3.10,  3.10,  3.07,  3.08 ms.  Throughput: 1295.83 iter/sec.
Timings for 2880K FFT length (8 cores hyperthreaded, 8 workers):  9.74,  9.35,  9.44,  9.35,  9.20,  9.30,  9.22,  9.35 ms.  Throughput: 853.96 iter/sec.

A fresh bench with last night's FFT size. I haven't checked again for now. The drop off in performance on the 7800X3D isn't that bad even if I were to run 1 task per core. Only a 20% loss in throughput compared to 4 simultaneous tasks.

I also show HT here. There's hints it might be low single digit % faster but again, on past testing with Intel CPUs I found it significantly increased power usage for near margin of error differences in performance. I haven't repeated that testing on AMD yet. There was also the danger that HT can give the impression of increasing performance, when it was effectively reducing loss from other things using CPU cycles.

BTW I was running 2 tasks earlier because that balances individual run times and gives me flexibility of suspending one task if I want to free resources for other activities on the PC. I want to try 1 task for a more direct comparison.

11 minutes ago, leadeater said:

My fastest task run times seem to be on my 6242R's however they are running Windows and it being idiot stupid sometimes put 3 tasks on 1 CPU and 1 on the other rather than 2 of 2. Think I need to do in to BIOS and disable HT, setting BOINC manager to 50% doesn't stop this. Linus doesn't have this problem.

Yup, Windows does that. Hence my mention of Process Lasso as a workaround some have used in situations like this. This can also happen with multiple-CCX AMD CPUs.

3 minutes ago, porina said:

Yup, Windows does that. Hence my mention of Process Lasso as a workaround some have used in situations like this. This can also happen with multiple-CCX AMD CPUs.

I disabled HT, problem solved 🙂

Oh yeah... I announced this on the BOINCnetwork, Gridcoin and Team Anandtech discord and the SG shoutbox. But I am updating grafana.kiska.pw to be on more performant hardware and also more up to date software...

If you would like to see the system its currently living on:

Spoiler

root@grafana:~# lscpu
Architecture:        x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:          Little Endian
Address sizes:       40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
CPU(s):              2
On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1
Thread(s) per core:  2
Core(s) per socket:  1
Socket(s):           1
NUMA node(s):        1
Vendor ID:           GenuineIntel
CPU family:          6
Model:               60
Model name:          Intel Core Processor (Haswell, no TSX, IBRS)
Stepping:            1
CPU MHz:             2394.454
BogoMIPS:            4788.90
Hypervisor vendor:   KVM
Virtualization type: full
L1d cache:           32K
L1i cache:           32K
L2 cache:            4096K
L3 cache:            16384K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0,1
Flags:               fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid tsc_known_freq pni pclmulqdq ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm cpuid_fault invpcid_single pti fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid xsaveopt arat
root@grafana:~# free -h
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:          3.9Gi       2.1Gi       211Mi        45Mi       1.5Gi       2.7Gi
Swap:         4.0Gi       399Mi       3.6Gi
root@grafana:~# uname -a
Linux grafana 4.19.0-21-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.249-2 (2022-06-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@grafana:~# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release:        10
Codename:       buster

root@grafana:~# apt list --upgradable
Listing... Done
base-files/oldoldstable 10.3+deb10u13 amd64 [upgradable from: 10.3+deb10u12]
bind9-host/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
bsdutils/oldoldstable 1:2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:2.33.1-0.1]
bzip2/oldoldstable 1.0.6-9.2~deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.0.6-9.2~deb10u1]
cpio/oldoldstable 2.12+dfsg-9+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.12+dfsg-9]
curl/oldoldstable 7.64.0-4+deb10u9 amd64 [upgradable from: 7.64.0-4+deb10u2]
dbus-user-session/oldoldstable 1.12.28-0+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.12.20-0+deb10u1]
dbus/oldoldstable 1.12.28-0+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.12.20-0+deb10u1]
debian-archive-keyring/oldoldstable 2019.1+deb10u2 all [upgradable from: 2019.1+deb10u1]
distro-info-data/oldoldstable 0.41+deb10u8 all [upgradable from: 0.41+deb10u4]
dnsutils/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
exim4-base/oldoldstable 4.92-8+deb10u9 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.92-8+deb10u6]
exim4-config/oldoldstable 4.92-8+deb10u9 all [upgradable from: 4.92-8+deb10u6]
exim4-daemon-light/oldoldstable 4.92-8+deb10u9 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.92-8+deb10u6]
fdisk/oldoldstable 2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.33.1-0.1]
git-man/oldoldstable 1:2.20.1-2+deb10u8 all [upgradable from: 1:2.20.1-2+deb10u3]
git/oldoldstable 1:2.20.1-2+deb10u8 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:2.20.1-2+deb10u3]
grub-common/oldoldstable 2.06-3~deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.02+dfsg1-20+deb10u4]
grub-pc-bin/oldoldstable 2.06-3~deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.02+dfsg1-20+deb10u4]
grub-pc/oldoldstable 2.06-3~deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.02+dfsg1-20+deb10u4]
grub2-common/oldoldstable 2.06-3~deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.02+dfsg1-20+deb10u4]
isc-dhcp-client/oldoldstable 4.4.1-2+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.4.1-2+deb10u1]
isc-dhcp-common/oldoldstable 4.4.1-2+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.4.1-2+deb10u1]
krb5-locales/oldoldstable 1.17-3+deb10u6 all [upgradable from: 1.17-3+deb10u3]
libavahi-client3/oldoldstable 0.7-4+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.7-4+deb10u1]
libavahi-common-data/oldoldstable 0.7-4+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.7-4+deb10u1]
libavahi-common3/oldoldstable 0.7-4+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.7-4+deb10u1]
libbind9-161/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
libblkid1/oldoldstable 2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.33.1-0.1]
libbluetooth3/oldoldstable 5.50-1.2~deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 5.50-1.2~deb10u2]
libbz2-1.0/oldoldstable 1.0.6-9.2~deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.0.6-9.2~deb10u1]
libc-ares2/oldoldstable 1.14.0-1+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.0-1+deb10u1]
libc-bin/oldoldstable 2.28-10+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.28-10+deb10u1]
libc-dev-bin/oldoldstable 2.28-10+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.28-10+deb10u1]
libc-l10n/oldoldstable 2.28-10+deb10u2 all [upgradable from: 2.28-10+deb10u1]
libc6-dev/oldoldstable 2.28-10+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.28-10+deb10u1]
libc6/oldoldstable 2.28-10+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.28-10+deb10u1]
libcups2/oldoldstable 2.2.10-6+deb10u9 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.2.10-6+deb10u6]
libcurl3-gnutls/oldoldstable 7.64.0-4+deb10u9 amd64 [upgradable from: 7.64.0-4+deb10u2]
libcurl4/oldoldstable 7.64.0-4+deb10u9 amd64 [upgradable from: 7.64.0-4+deb10u2]
libdbus-1-3/oldoldstable 1.12.28-0+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.12.20-0+deb10u1]
libdns-export1104/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
libdns1104/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
libelf1/oldoldstable 0.176-1.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.176-1.1]
libexpat1-dev/oldoldstable 2.2.6-2+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.2.6-2+deb10u4]
libexpat1/oldoldstable 2.2.6-2+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.2.6-2+deb10u4]
libfastjson4/oldoldstable 0.99.8-2+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.99.8-2]
libfdisk1/oldoldstable 2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.33.1-0.1]
libfreetype6/oldoldstable 2.9.1-3+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.9.1-3+deb10u2]
libfribidi0/oldoldstable 1.0.5-3.1+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.0.5-3.1+deb10u1]
libgd3/oldoldstable 2.2.5-5.2+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.2.5-5.2]
libglib2.0-0/oldoldstable 2.58.3-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.58.3-2+deb10u3]
libglib2.0-data/oldoldstable 2.58.3-2+deb10u5 all [upgradable from: 2.58.3-2+deb10u3]
libgnutls-dane0/oldoldstable 3.6.7-4+deb10u12 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.6.7-4+deb10u7]
libgnutls-openssl27/oldoldstable 3.6.7-4+deb10u12 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.6.7-4+deb10u7]
libgnutls28-dev/oldoldstable 3.6.7-4+deb10u12 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.6.7-4+deb10u7]
libgnutls30/oldoldstable 3.6.7-4+deb10u12 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.6.7-4+deb10u7]
libgnutlsxx28/oldoldstable 3.6.7-4+deb10u12 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.6.7-4+deb10u7]
libgsasl7/oldoldstable,oldoldstable 1.8.0-8+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.8.0-8+b2]
libgssapi-krb5-2/oldoldstable 1.17-3+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.17-3+deb10u3]
libhttp-daemon-perl/oldoldstable 6.01-3+deb10u1 all [upgradable from: 6.01-3]
libirs161/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
libisc-export1100/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
libisc1100/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
libisccc161/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
libisccfg163/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
libjs-moment/oldoldstable 2.24.0+ds-1+deb10u1 all [upgradable from: 2.24.0+ds-1]
libk5crypto3/oldoldstable 1.17-3+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.17-3+deb10u3]
libkrb5-3/oldoldstable 1.17-3+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.17-3+deb10u3]
libkrb5support0/oldoldstable 1.17-3+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.17-3+deb10u3]
libksba8/oldoldstable 1.3.5-2+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.3.5-2]
liblua5.3-0/oldoldstable 5.3.3-1.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 5.3.3-1.1]
liblwres161/oldoldstable 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7]
libmariadb3/oldoldstable 1:10.3.39-0+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:10.3.34-0+deb10u1]
libmicrohttpd12/oldoldstable 0.9.62-1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.9.62-1]
libmodbus5/oldoldstable 3.1.4-2+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.1.4-2+deb10u1]
libmount1/oldoldstable 2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.33.1-0.1]
libncurses-dev/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
libncurses5/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
libncurses6/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
libncursesw5/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
libncursesw6/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
libnet-ssleay-perl/oldoldstable 1.85-2+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.85-2+b1]
libnghttp2-14/oldoldstable 1.36.0-2+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.36.0-2+deb10u1]
libnginx-mod-http-auth-pam/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnginx-mod-http-dav-ext/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnginx-mod-http-echo/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnginx-mod-http-geoip/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnginx-mod-http-image-filter/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnginx-mod-http-subs-filter/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnginx-mod-http-upstream-fair/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnginx-mod-http-xslt-filter/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnginx-mod-mail/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnginx-mod-stream/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
libnss-systemd/oldoldstable 241-7~deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 241-7~deb10u8]
libnss3/oldoldstable 2:3.42.1-1+deb10u8 amd64 [upgradable from: 2:3.42.1-1+deb10u5]
libpam-systemd/oldoldstable 241-7~deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 241-7~deb10u8]
libpcre2-8-0/oldoldstable 10.32-5+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 10.32-5]
libpixman-1-0/oldoldstable 0.36.0-1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.36.0-1]
libpq5/oldoldstable 11.22-0+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 11.16-0+deb10u1]
libpython2.7-dev/oldoldstable 2.7.16-2+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.7.16-2+deb10u1]
libpython2.7-minimal/oldoldstable 2.7.16-2+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.7.16-2+deb10u1]
libpython2.7-stdlib/oldoldstable 2.7.16-2+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.7.16-2+deb10u1]
libpython2.7/oldoldstable 2.7.16-2+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.7.16-2+deb10u1]
libpython3.7-dev/oldoldstable 3.7.3-2+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.7.3-2+deb10u3]
libpython3.7-minimal/oldoldstable 3.7.3-2+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.7.3-2+deb10u3]
libpython3.7-stdlib/oldoldstable 3.7.3-2+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.7.3-2+deb10u3]
libpython3.7/oldoldstable 3.7.3-2+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.7.3-2+deb10u3]
librsvg2-2/oldoldstable 2.44.10-2.1+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.44.10-2.1]
librsvg2-common/oldoldstable 2.44.10-2.1+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.44.10-2.1]
libsmartcols1/oldoldstable 2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.33.1-0.1]
libsnmp-base/oldoldstable 5.7.3+dfsg-5+deb10u4 all [upgradable from: 5.7.3+dfsg-5+deb10u2]
libsnmp30/oldoldstable 5.7.3+dfsg-5+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 5.7.3+dfsg-5+deb10u2]
libsqlite3-0/oldoldstable 3.27.2-3+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.27.2-3+deb10u1]
libssh2-1/oldoldstable 1.8.0-2.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.8.0-2.1]
libssl1.1/oldoldstable 1.1.1n-0+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.1.1n-0+deb10u3]
libsystemd0/oldoldstable 241-7~deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 241-7~deb10u8]
libtasn1-6-dev/oldoldstable 4.13-3+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.13-3]
libtasn1-6/oldoldstable 4.13-3+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.13-3]
libtasn1-doc/oldoldstable 4.13-3+deb10u1 all [upgradable from: 4.13-3]
libtiff5/oldoldstable 4.1.0+git191117-2~deb10u9 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.1.0+git191117-2~deb10u4]
libtinfo-dev/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
libtinfo5/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
libtinfo6/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
libudev1/oldoldstable 241-7~deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 241-7~deb10u8]
libunbound8/oldoldstable 1.9.0-2+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.9.0-2+deb10u2]
libuuid1/oldoldstable 2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.33.1-0.1]
libvirt0/oldoldstable 5.0.0-4+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 5.0.0-4+deb10u1]
libwebp6/oldoldstable 0.6.1-2+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.6.1-2+deb10u1]
libx11-6/oldoldstable 2:1.6.7-1+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2:1.6.7-1+deb10u2]
libx11-data/oldoldstable 2:1.6.7-1+deb10u4 all [upgradable from: 2:1.6.7-1+deb10u2]
libx11-xcb1/oldoldstable 2:1.6.7-1+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2:1.6.7-1+deb10u2]
libxapian30/oldoldstable 1.4.11-1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.4.11-1]
libxml2/oldoldstable 2.9.4+dfsg1-7+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.9.4+dfsg1-7+deb10u4]
libxpm4/oldoldstable 1:3.5.12-1+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:3.5.12-1]
libxslt1.1/oldoldstable 1.1.32-2.2~deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.1.32-2.2~deb10u1]
libyajl2/oldoldstable 2.1.0-3+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.1.0-3]
linux-image-amd64/oldoldstable 4.19+105+deb10u21 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.19+105+deb10u16]
linux-libc-dev/oldoldstable 4.19.304-1 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.19.249-2]
locales/oldoldstable 2.28-10+deb10u2 all [upgradable from: 2.28-10+deb10u1]
man-db/oldoldstable 2.8.5-2+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.8.5-2]
mariadb-common/oldoldstable 1:10.3.39-0+deb10u2 all [upgradable from: 1:10.3.34-0+deb10u1]
mount/oldoldstable 2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.33.1-0.1]
multiarch-support/oldoldstable 2.28-10+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.28-10+deb10u1]
mutt/oldoldstable 1.10.1-2.1+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.10.1-2.1+deb10u5]
ncurses-base/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 all [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
ncurses-bin/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
ncurses-term/oldoldstable 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u5 all [upgradable from: 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2]
nginx-common/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 all [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
nginx-full/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
nginx/oldoldstable 1.14.2-2+deb10u5 all [upgradable from: 1.14.2-2+deb10u4]
openjdk-11-jre-headless/oldoldstable 11.0.23+9-1~deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 11.0.15+10-1~deb10u1]
openssh-client/oldoldstable 1:7.9p1-10+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:7.9p1-10+deb10u2]
openssh-server/oldoldstable 1:7.9p1-10+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:7.9p1-10+deb10u2]
openssh-sftp-server/oldoldstable 1:7.9p1-10+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:7.9p1-10+deb10u2]
openssl/oldoldstable 1.1.1n-0+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.1.1n-0+deb10u3]
python-cryptography/oldoldstable 2.6.1-3+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.6.1-3+deb10u2]
python-ipaddress/oldoldstable 1.0.17-1+deb10u1 all [upgradable from: 1.0.17-1]
python2.7-dev/oldoldstable 2.7.16-2+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.7.16-2+deb10u1]
python2.7-minimal/oldoldstable 2.7.16-2+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.7.16-2+deb10u1]
python2.7/oldoldstable 2.7.16-2+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.7.16-2+deb10u1]
python3-cryptography/oldoldstable 2.6.1-3+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.6.1-3+deb10u2]
python3-reportbug/oldoldstable 7.5.3~deb10u2 all [upgradable from: 7.5.3~deb10u1]
python3-requests/oldoldstable 2.21.0-1+deb10u1 all [upgradable from: 2.21.0-1]
python3-urllib3/oldoldstable 1.24.1-1+deb10u2 all [upgradable from: 1.24.1-1]
python3.7-dev/oldoldstable 3.7.3-2+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.7.3-2+deb10u3]
python3.7-minimal/oldoldstable 3.7.3-2+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.7.3-2+deb10u3]
python3.7/oldoldstable 3.7.3-2+deb10u7 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.7.3-2+deb10u3]
reportbug/oldoldstable 7.5.3~deb10u2 all [upgradable from: 7.5.3~deb10u1]
snmp/oldoldstable 5.7.3+dfsg-5+deb10u4 amd64 [upgradable from: 5.7.3+dfsg-5+deb10u2]
sqlite3/oldoldstable 3.27.2-3+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.27.2-3+deb10u1]
sysstat/oldoldstable 12.0.3-2+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 12.0.3-2]
systemd-sysv/oldoldstable 241-7~deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 241-7~deb10u8]
systemd/oldoldstable 241-7~deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 241-7~deb10u8]
tar/oldoldstable 1.30+dfsg-6+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.30+dfsg-6]
tmux/oldoldstable 2.8-3+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.8-3]
tzdata/oldoldstable 2024a-0+deb10u1 all [upgradable from: 2021a-0+deb10u5]
udev/oldoldstable 241-7~deb10u10 amd64 [upgradable from: 241-7~deb10u8]
unzip/oldoldstable 6.0-23+deb10u3 amd64 [upgradable from: 6.0-23+deb10u2]
util-linux-locales/oldoldstable 2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 all [upgradable from: 2.33.1-0.1]
util-linux/oldoldstable 2.33.1-0.1+deb10u1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.33.1-0.1]
vim-common/oldoldstable 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u6 all [upgradable from: 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u2]
vim-runtime/oldoldstable 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u6 all [upgradable from: 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u2]
vim-tiny/oldoldstable 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u2]
vim/oldoldstable 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u2]
xxd/oldoldstable 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u6 amd64 [upgradable from: 2:8.1.0875-5+deb10u2]
zlib1g-dev/oldoldstable 1:1.2.11.dfsg-1+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:1.2.11.dfsg-1+deb10u1]
zlib1g/oldoldstable 1:1.2.11.dfsg-1+deb10u2 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:1.2.11.dfsg-1+deb10u1]

Possibly it'll be done Monday or Tuesday

Western Sydney University - 4th year BCompSc student

All this tasks are processing since yesterday

Is it normal?

Screenshot_20240505_155259_Firefox.jpg

16 minutes ago, cmtedouglas said:

Is it normal?

[image removed from quote]

Yes its normal for that Primegrid sub project. Just make sure you're not running too many tasks at once otherwise it will be really, really long. The task utilizes 21.5MB of L3 cache. So look up your processor and see how much L3 it has. Make sure the task(s) will fit 100% within' that number. If it's an AMD processor then you need to look at the cache of the CCX. Zen2 and earlier have 16MB L3 cache. Not good for this Subproject. Zen3 and newer have 32MB of L3 cache (some more with the X3D parts) so you can safely run 1 task per CCX. Just make sure multi-threading is enabled and it's using all the cores in that specific CCX.

41 minutes ago, cmtedouglas said:

Is it normal?

You need to adjust PrimeGrid project settings. Only CUL counts towards the Pentathlon, so de-select the other CPU subprojects. You should then also adjust the threading. For that CPU (8272CL), 1 task using all cores, or 2 tasks each using half the cores running at the same time might be optimal. More info on how to work it out at 

Once you have that sorted out, it might be worth aborting existing work and grab new with the new settings. You should then be able to complete multiple units per day.

25 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

The task utilizes 21.5MB of L3 cache.

That has changed and I did edit my original post yesterday for it. According to PrimeGrid the biggest FFT size is now 2880k or 22.5MB data size. It will continue to rise as time goes on, although I don't know how fast. Current largest FFT size can be found on PrimeGrid's website where you select subprojects.

Just an update: I've switched to bunkering Ramanujani

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

47 minutes ago, Lightwreather said:

Just an update: I've switched to bunkering Ramanujani

I was going to move some stuff to Numbers but the project is dead atm 😅

Maybe later