This is what all you british people should be doing today. Also, election time general.

Mike :D

That's my name.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I don't know shit about politics. Also, I just failed my English GCSE for the third time today, I don't think I'm clever enough to deserve a say in what happens. :P

I thought the UK election wasn't untill May next year. And isn't the election for the European Parliament on next Sunday?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I've gotten the impression that voting in the UK is basically picking your poison. Is this true?

It is less "Pick the best candidate" and more "Pick the one who is the least worse".

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

You voted for ukip.... you fucking moron.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

I don't know shit about politics. Also, I just failed my English GCSE for the third time today, I don't think I'm clever enough to deserve a say in what happens. :P

Well that is why the world is so messed up. People are misinformed.so if people just started firguring out what is going on polititians would not be able to manipulate the public so easily.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I thought the UK election wasn't untill May next year. And isn't the election for the European Parliament on next Sunday?

There is an EU parliment election today, results are Sunday.

Please explain. You must be a green party fan, or a fan of the Lib Dems seeing as youve interacted with someone by calling them names.

I see.

Where I live, the election isn't untill Sunday. Probably because the country isn't that large, so it doesn't take that long to count the votes. 

There is no reason for that. If you disagree with someone, make an argument insted.

This is one of the reasons why, I rarely discuss politics online.

At least you can choose, on my country voting is obligatory, and you can get in trouble if they find out you didn't vote. However over here the election system is broken, we don't get to pick much really.

There is no reason for that. If you disagree with someone, make an argument insted.

Its quite common for left wing people to call other people names instead of giving a good argument. I would put money on the fact he is going to vote either Green Party or the Lib Dems.

I see.

Where I live, the election isn't untill Sunday. Probably because the country isn't that large, so it doesn't take that long to count the votes. 

It has nothing to do with size. The Netherlands and the UK are the only ones voting today. In most countries the voting is on Sunday.

Its quite common for left wing people to call other people names instead of giving a good argument. I would put money on the fact he is going to vote either Green Party or the Lib Dems.

This happens on both sides.

Also I'm not really surprised that you voted for ukip (no offence).

Hmm, we get to pick the person who becomes the MEPs.

Maybe because it really isn't about the party, everyone is so same-minded on these things.

There is one party that's a bit different but they're pretty much considered racist idiots by the major public.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I thought you didn't believe in the EU

Actively voting for UKIP to be part of a parliament they want to leave is pretty pointless. You might as well just spoil your ballot paper. There's no mechanism in place to leave the EU from with the EU parliament. Literally all the can do is look stupid and sulk (which they are exceptionally good at, in fairness).

Although, I get that it's a protest vote, but the same will happen as always when a Right-Wing party gains a little momentum. The Conservatives will promise a move 'back to their core values', while the media will go on a PR offensive to ridicule Griffin, Farage, or whoever is next. Then come the general election the voters will pick between Labour and Conservatives, as per usual.

The status quo is strong in the UK.

This is one of the reasons why, I rarely discuss politics online.

There isn't much to argue about. I'll paraphrase their policies.

EU IS BAD!

IMMIGRATION IS SCARY

PEOPLE NOT LIKE ME I DON'T LIKE!

There isn't much to argue about. I'll paraphrase their policies.

EU IS BAD!

IMMIGRATION IS SCARY

PEOPLE NOT LIKE ME I DON'T LIKE!

I didn't say there was much to argue about nor anyone reasonable to argue with, but calling people a "fucking moron" won't move anyone. 

Hmm, we get to pick the person who becomes the MEPs.

Maybe because it really isn't about the party, everyone is so same-minded on these things.

There is one party that's a bit different but they're pretty much considered racist idiots by the major public.

Exactly the same thing here.

So what? 

The only reason you have posted this is to start an argument.

To be honest calling someone a fucking moron is the perfect response to someone who tries to sway peoples votes with a single picture of a crossed out ballot and childlike paint skills.  

So what? 

The only reason you have posted this is to start an argument.

I'd love to hear some reasoning from the OP, not just a picture of a ballot paper.

On a side note, the level of political discourse in Britain nowadays is beyond pathetic.

Please explain. You must be a green party fan, or a fan of the Lib Dems seeing as youve interacted with someone by calling them names.

This made me chuckle. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'd love to hear some reasoning from the OP, not just a picture of a ballot paper.

On a side note, the level of political discourse in Britain nowadays is beyond pathetic.

Yes a more coherent OP would have been more acceptable in my view...

I'm actually usually pretty reserved when it comes to sharing my votes and I really don't see the point of opening it up in this thread (I'm from NI as well so I have separate parties to deal with although UKIP is still present on that list), and yes the political discourse in the UK at present is chaotic at best and if the politicians cannot play on a level playing field then I'm pretty sure that most of the forum members here will find it difficult as well.

I see no real need to discuss voting options at this late stage, but if people want to share the reasons as to why in a reasonable way I suppose it won't do any harm.  

Just got back and since there was no representation from the Pirate party had to go with my second choice UKIP.

I've gotten the impression that voting in the UK is basically picking your poison. Is this true?

This is true everywhere...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Neat, 3 extra parties.

Now which party was responsible for the nanny state with cameras everywhere and which one killed your auto industry?

UK politics is my least favourite part of holding citizenship, I'll probably turn it in one day.