Replying to another trash hot take from Linus.

MarcWolfe
Go to solution Solved by crazzp,
On 12/29/2023 at 4:14 PM, MarcWolfe said:

WAN Show. Week or 2 ago, i think. 

I'll see if i can find it.

Almost 3 days in, legend says you are still finding the source.

Is this the trend nowadays? Dishing out some outlandish, almost slander conspiracy take and then just disappearing when people corrects you.

"People shouldn't be able to tell the difference between sponsored and unsponsored content." 

Might be slightly paraphrasing. 

55 minutes ago, MarcWolfe said:

"People shouldn't be able to tell the difference between sponsored and unsponsored content."

what's the source for this quote?

39 minutes ago, Lunar River said:

I think that's greatly misrepresenting what he said. It was something more along the lines of that when they're doing a review (unsponsored) you shouldn't be able to tell whether they have had a working relationship in the past. Specifically, I took it to mean that you should be able to say negative things, even if they've done paid sponsorships in the past. I believe that last sentence was unspoken, but was the relative point I took away from the sentiment.

I haven't re-listened to the piece, but that's what I walked away from the episode thinking, and how I remember it. That regardless of past projects together, the review should seem unbiased. That seems like a reasonable take to me.

Happy to correct myself if someone wants to bother with the precise quote, and I'm misremembering it, or misunderstood it. (edit: Or we're talking about a completely different segment)

14 hours ago, Lunar River said:

Wan show - ding dong the witch is dead

I took that statement at first as in the content created needs to be of the same caliber or quality as non sponsored content. Especially for a company that talks about so many products, having a set precedent that their review will be unbiased, sponsored or not, is something to be expected.

I don't remember that part. I probably feel asleep. But surely the context matters, because sponsored content is always properly identified. Both in the video and on youtube itself with that "sponsored" logo next to the title.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 12/29/2023 at 7:38 AM, MarcWolfe said:

Might be slightly paraphrasing. 

What does the video you linked have to do with the topic..?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 12/29/2023 at 4:14 PM, MarcWolfe said:

Is this the trend nowadays? Dishing out some outlandish, almost slander conspiracy take and then just disappearing when people corrects you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 7:48 AM, Sauron said:

What does the video you linked have to do with the topic..?

Somebody who wanted AI to take over because "well, if you can't tell the difference" and got... basically shit on by public opinion.

On 12/30/2023 at 10:36 PM, crazzp said:

I skimmed for a couple hours. Wan Show does not have re-watch value. I'm not a journalist who's going to waste many hours searching sources. You think I make money off this shit or something? Maybe somebody else will come along like "oh, I know the exact episode; here's the link and time stamp"; until then, what I said he said, is what he said. I also don't know how the conversation lead to that. "correct you" on what.

The jackass to genuine nerd ratio is too high for me to frequent this site; so yes, I disappear... often, from here.

14 hours ago, MarcWolfe said:

I skimmed for a couple hours. Wan Show does not have re-watch value. I'm not a journalist who's going to waste many hours searching sources. You think I make money off this shit or something? Maybe somebody else will come along like "oh, I know the exact episode; here's the link and time stamp"; until then, what I said he said, is what he said. I also don't know how the conversation lead to that. "correct you" on what.

The jackass to genuine nerd ratio is too high for me to frequent this site; so yes, I disappear... often, from here.

Or, and hear me out, you could just not take the approach of caring more about taking someone down than the context in which their words were given.

I just don't understand why you'd try to go after someone for something they said when you don't care enough to back it up. It kinda shows you don't really care about their intent, or any of what was said, but want to engage in cancel culture, for whatever reason.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

16 hours ago, MarcWolfe said:

until then, what I said he said, is what he said.

Trust me, bro. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

Trust me, bro. 

Is having retort that gets laughs from jackasses all you value about yourself? Seems to be all you got going on.

24 minutes ago, MarcWolfe said:

Is having retort that gets laughs from jackasses all you value about yourself? Seems to be all you got going on.

Calm down love. You're awfully hostile for no reason.

4 hours ago, MarcWolfe said:

You showed up to "reply" to something Linus supposedly said which you were mad about, while admitting he might not have even said what you claimed he did. When people asked where and when Linus said this, you said you would try to find it, then disappeared. Weeks later after everyone else has moved on, you pop back up still mad and admit you could never find where he said it but insist that he definitely did say it (because you're infallible, I guess) and insult the forum in general for daring to question you. Is this really all you have going on? 

Meanwhile you don't bother to reply to any of the thoughtful comments people made about the point Linus may have been making, or even to explain what this video about AI has to do with the topic.

That check mark with the number 217 under my name means there have been over 200 times people said I provided the most helpful answer to their questions or the solution for their problems. But even if all I did was post replies that make people laugh, it would still be contributing more to this community than what you're doing. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I think we are done here. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv