Only 2 People in the WORLD Have This TV

Plouffe

It wasn’t easy, but we snuck the biggest TV in the world out of China. IS it a Samsung? Wrong. Is it a Sony? Of course not. Is it an LG? In part… maybe? The 115 Inch TCL X11G Max QD is a Quantum Dot Mini-LED MONSTER and just getting it into Linus' house was quite the journey.

So what was the process for getting this out of China if it isn't on the approved export list?

"The top of 'ten thousand' elephants" - must be referring to its weight

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

47 minutes ago, Ma1um said:

So what was the process for getting this out of China if it isn't on the approved export list?

Bribery. 

This is an impressive video about an impressive product especially when you consider. 

Spoiler

Linus stepped on a nail in the unloading process.   Anyone who has ever STEPPED on a nail knows that hurts like little else. 

A really professional video. 

4 hours ago, Ma1um said:

Probably the same process that's used across most "democratic" political systems: indirect bribery.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 hours ago, Ma1um said:

gaAvT8e.gif

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

37 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Declare it as bread on the customs and hope they don't look inside

I cannot remember a single time a customs sticker on a box from China, accurately described the contents. The last package I received claimed it was a 'kitchen tool' or similar, and it was actually a motorcycle accessory.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

10 hours ago, Ma1um said:

Same way you get a H100 into China

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

10 hours ago, Ma1um said:

When there is a will, there is a way, just like how Linus uses a stepstool to reach things in high places.

World's Biggest? I doubt it. Samsung's the Wall trumps it at 292 inches, with a 146 inch variant

5 minutes ago, Moonglow said:

World's Biggest? I doubt it. Samsung's the Wall trumps it at 292 inches, with a 146 inch variant

probably should watch the video first.

16 minutes ago, starsmine said:

probably should watch the video first.

They also joined within a minute of making that comment as well.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

If an individual goes to either a third country or to the country itself, in most cases he can have the item shipped. Export bans usually only refer to distributors and not for individuals. This rules vary by a number of reasons, country of origin, the manufacturer themselves, type of item, and others.

There are also more reasons so its best check for your country particular countries website before purchasing any questionable item.

The restrictions are mostly on food items, electronic items, plants, and animals. But if your not sure, check first! It may save you a lot of headaches later.

11 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

Diagonal measurements are literally linear...

He quite obviously meant they don't scale linearly.

every person said their...

dam that huge...

well need  a smoke after this.....

also thinking  of it now.

prices for that large of a tv will go down.

looke at how price drop of 65 and 75 has drop.

its the 80 and up that are still slowly droping in price.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

20 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

Diagonal measurements are literally linear...

no its not

You learned this in 5th grade. 
C(the diagonal measurement) = sqareroot(A^2 + B^2) (length and width) and the area is length * width.  

its why 4k is 4x2k(FHD) and not 2x

19 hours ago, killerdescore said:

Did Linus kept the TV after all ?

They said there will be a part 2 so maybe we'll find out after that one

On 12/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, killerdescore said:

Did Linus kept the TV after all ?

He mentioned in the last WAN show he doesn't need his projector anymore, so I guess he is keeping it? But there should be a part 2 coming sometime, that should shed some light on it.