Moto E is faster than the Galaxy S5

Dylan522p

Of course the S5 had a far higher resolution screen, but it also has a far more powerful SOC. It's ridiculous that a $120 phone is faster than a $700 phone no matter how you look at it. I mean you can buy 5-6 Moto E's for one S5. This video just showcases how terribly coded touchwiz really is.

Now that is quite impressive. I never got the whole focus on super hi res on a small screen (although I am not a smartphone user... at all so take my opinion with a grain of salt). To me this is a prime example of the folly of wasting your proccessing power on pixels you don't need when you could just save battery life.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Woah. This just proved that not everything more expensive is better. 

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Wow. Total MindFuck.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The S5 that dude is using is super laggy, I haven't experienced any of that with mine so far.  I have animations turned down so maybe that it's it.

Edit: I am pretty sure he rigged the test in favour of the moto e

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Nice, seems like the Moto E is going to hit a sweet spot for people who want simple, stock Android along with a functional and snappy phone. I'm going to be going with either the Moto E or G next phone upgrade for sure.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

can S5 run other ROM's yet? like can you put stock android on it?

yes i know this would be inconvenient for the average consumer to have to go and do this, but I'm just curious.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Moto X 4 Lyfe

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

can S5 run other ROM's yet? like can you put stock android on it?

yes i know this would be inconvenient for the average consumer to have to go and do this, but I'm just curious.

Yes, but your warranty is completely void and no way to circumvent them knowing you did it because they put a hardware fuse that blows if you tamper withe boot loader. You phone is great then, but fuck you if your product is defective.

This just confirms that TouchWiz is terrible and is too heavy of a skin over Android. 

TouchWiz isn't terrible i had no problem with it, and i actually like it more than htc sense. I'm using cm11 now though. 

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

TouchWiz isn't terrible i had no problem with it, and i actually like it more than htc sense. I'm using cm11 now though. 

heathen. repent!

Praise Duarte!

Replay the video: you might have no problem with it, you might prefer it over htc sense, that's all cool, but you can't deny that it IS pretty damn terrible at least for performance.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well duh to the fact that a stock, non bogged down OS will run faster than a much more feature heavy OS.. Not shocking at all.

A single core XP machine with 512mb of ram can still outperform a quad core with 2gb of ram, running win 7 that has a lot of stuff open.. Common sense really.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Woah. This just proved that not everything more expensive is better. 

All it proved was that Samsung Touchwiz and the craptastic S-Apps is shit (spoiler alert: they are indeed shit)

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Samsung can put an i7 quad core to their next phone, the fucking gallery will still lag.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

The reason i ditched Samsung.

Used to have a Galaxy S, but it was sooooooo slow and laggy.

Switched to HTC's One X, but in their own apps they had implemented some weird type of scrollig that lagged too (and wifi was buggy which was a manufacturing fault, but i didnt want to send in my phone, wait 3 months, and then probably get fucked over by them saying i have to pay for their problems because of water damage).

Windows phone is smooth (in most apps) but loading times are super high (Lumia 800 and HTC 8x)

Im currently using an iPhone 5, and even though its certainly not perfect. I dont get annoyed by lags or frame drops which i thnk is unacceptable from a 600 euro phone from 2014.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

You can have awesome hardware but it doesn't mean much if you have shit like touchwiz slowing everything down

That's a lol moment,Moto is better than s5.

Would the Moto E be a good starter smartphone for my parents, they have never used a smartphone or ever use text (I think). 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

maybe linus can finally understand why stock is better

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Just because yours performances differently doesn't mean he cheated the tests lol. You turned down the animations, he probably left it on default. I'm sure that would constitute to bad lag when paired with Touchwiz. 

That's not the only reason why I think that. For example the gallery on the S5 had a lot more in it on the S5 and the E only had 1 item (looks like the default).  It is pretty easy to rig a test like this and IMO it is.  I haven't heard of anyone else complaining of lag that bad on the S5 or any of the other flagships this year / last year.  Comparing my S5 to my girlfriends G2, I notice no difference in speed, but comparing it to the Moto X, both the G2 and S5 feel sooo much faster and smoother opening anything.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |