Our cat passed away :c

Mooshi

I made a thread earlier about a cat of ours who was gone for 4 days that eventually came back all battered. Well..I just got in from burring him. Vato was a pain in the butt at times, but he never hurt anyone, he was a gentle giant of 5 years. It's only now hitting me that he's gone and it hurts.

We suspect foul play as that grime all over him was motor oil..whoever did this to our cat deserves to meet my steel bat face to face..

RIP Vato, you were a big cat I will always miss. <3

if anyone says this belongs on reddit and not i tech forum i will personally come to your house

sorry for your loss, i have also lost a few pets in my time

Very sorry to hear :(, just don't go out and get a new cat, wait a month or two, I know it's hard and it really was for me just giving away a cat :((

Rest In Peace... :'(

I don't own a cat, yet.  But, they are kind and the cats out there that are kind are really kind and even when they drain the life out of you and make you their slave.  They still love you. 

In my opinion, how angry you are.  Its best to forgive the person who did it.  You might not feel like its the best thing at the time but they will regret it eventually and for all you know, it could have been a dog who did it.

My dog, tried to kill my sister's cat.  But my sister's cat stole his bone.  Dogs are crazy and at times dumb, so... it might have been a dog. 

i could not imagine how you must feel :'(

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Very sorry to hear :(, just don't go out and get a new cat, wait a month or two, I know it's hard and it really was for me just giving away a cat :((

We have other cats, but Vato was like the king.

Our little tuxedo kitten is the only male now. After his uncle passed away, he inherited Vato's special silver bowl and was told he is the only male now - our other cats are female. In a way, it's kinda like a prince becoming king. Still, I love all the cats in this house and I'll miss the big guy..he was my favourite.

I feel for you man who ever did this needs to pay. I nearly lost my cat last month, i was running for the phone and she jumped out from no ware and i kicked her flying in to a shelf. she nearly died she didn't eat or any thing for 2 days and at the time had no money to see a vet so i just layed with her over night expecting to wake up and she be dead but by the 3rd day she was amazingly better. But now shes all dopey and just WAY out of it xD you call her name and she looks the other way and she will just stare that way for like 30mins. pore thing i feel so bad but im happy that shes still with me. Best of luck finding who ever did that to your cat may he rot in jail.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

If you find him, hmu

I can tell you where to make the incisions so you can have him/her bound and drawn. 

if you're in to that, or whatever. 

That was a risky google images search I just did.

RIP cat, so you think it was hit by a car or some people abused it? I can't quite figure from OP.

RIP cat, so you think it was hit by a car or some people abused it? I can't quite figure from OP.

It's relatively mild compared to some other things, hard to make intestines exciting. 

Error: 410

It's relatively mild compared to some other things, hard to make intestines exciting. 

I've read the torture methods wiki before, people have invented some very elaborate ways to inflict unpleasantness on a person. :blink:

damn, always hurts.

my cats got:

1. poisoned and found dead.

2. poisoned and had to drown it to stop its missery.

3. roadkilled both the same day, vet put them down.

they always seem to die in the most painfull ways fur the owner :/

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I am sorry for your loss...

I would gladly help hunt down the abuser.

Well, my cousin was out doing laundry earlier and that's when our cat ran in from wherever he was. My cousin had no idea his condition and assumed he'd have been in a fight or something as she went to do another load. As I went to the restroom, I saw this cat sleeping and noticed he was breathing really shallow ect. As the day went on, I noticed his toes were all bleeding with one of his paws having the skin completely shredded off. He was also really dirty.

When cousin returned after I called her about the cat, she came home and checked him over carefully. That is when she determined that substance all over him was motor oil. See, this was her baby. I didn't want to mess with the cat in fear of his injuries or if he'd flip out on me. She was the one who examined him. The cats paws were all bloody, his breathing was shallow and he was covered in dirt and motor oil. Sometime before midnight, I hear her screaming his name and crying..I knew deep down that he had passed and he did. :l

Well, my cousin was out doing laundry earlier and that's when our cat ran in from wherever he was. My cousin had no idea his condition and assumed he'd have been in a fight or something as she went to do another load. As I went to the restroom, I saw this cat sleeping and noticed he was breathing really shallow ect. As the day went on, I noticed his toes were all bleeding with one of his paws having the skin completely shredded off. He was also really dirty.

When cousin returned after I called her about the cat, she came home and checked him over carefully. That is when she determined that substance all over him was motor oil. See, this was her baby. I didn't want to mess with the cat in fear of his injuries or if he'd flip out on me. She was the one who examined him. The cats paws were all bloody, his breathing was shallow and he was covered in dirt and motor oil. Sometime before midnight, I hear her screaming his name and crying..I knew deep down that he had passed and he did. :l

I'll post some potential scenarios I thought of.

Potential fight with another animal, difficulty getting back weakened.

The motor oil doesn't make too much sense if the cat was run over, however it could maybe have been handled afterward by someone with motor oil on their hands if a vehicle was involved, perhaps to remove it from a road to the side.

The messed up feet could maybe indicate that it became trapped under something and had to scramble some to get free, maybe the oil got on the cat somewhere along the way, IDK if there's a junkyard near your or someplace that may have traces of motor oil on the ground, I know that stuff doesn't evaporate very fast and can linger for days.

The messed up feet/exhaustion could perhaps also be explained if the cat had messed up a jump and become stuck in a building without a way out, maybe it had to make many attempts at scaling a wall/jumping up to something in order to get out.

It would be more conclusive if you could know if the cat had any broken bones, it's a strange happening, normally being run over will kill a small animal like a cat, I wouldn't be ruling out foul play but IMHO there's a few other scenarios that could have occured, all the above is just me putting random ideas out for how it could of happened because why not, it's just speculation.

If the cat was abused, I think it more likely that the abusers would kill it afterwards and it wouldn't make it back at all, not sure though.

Either way, he's no longer suffering..I still can't believe he is gone as I've let myself get attached to him. :/

That really sucks... =/ 

Didn't have the time to get him to the vet? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

That really sucks... =/ 

Didn't have the time to get him to the vet? 

Nope, but I think the outcome would have been the same, only put to sleep instead. He didn't die alone, at least.. I think he knew his time was up as his sister tried to clean him and he gave her attitude.

Sad to hear this happen, you have my condolences. Most the cats we have been rescue cats so that we really feel that we have given a cat that's had a bad life a loving home. A relative of mine also had a pet pass away due to foul play, thankfully the neighbourhood she lived in was very close-knit, and the guy that did it got locked up for it. Even though our country has done much wrong, our animal welfare laws are amongst the toughest. The guy that did it got 2 years behind bars, he could also NEVER own an animal ever again. That said, the human filth that did that to your cat will get his/her karma. Again, my condolences for your loss.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Everyone who has commented or lurking the thread, do me a favour, please. If you have a pet, give them a hug. Let them know how much you love them. Last night is a wake up call that life can be over in an instant. So give your faithful companions the love they deserve. Do this not only for me, but for your little buddy.

Rose_Stock_by_BreAnn-2.jpg

My girlfriend passed way last year, however it it does not matter what part of your family has gone missing, it is still painful.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Everyone who has commented or lurking the thread, do me a favour, please. If you have a pet, give them a hug. Let them know how much you love them. Last night is a wake up call that life can be over in an instant. So give your faithful companions the love they deserve. Do this not only for me, but for your little buddy.

I would if i wasn't at University, i'll be going home soon to see my family soon but our cat is not very sociable.  :D We have two very friendly dogs who would never harm anyone, both Border Collies. One is a rescue, the other we've had since she was a tiny puppy. She helped rehab our other rescue dog, as she is so friendly and lovable. I do miss them a lot when i go to uni.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz