LTT Official Folding Month VI

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Message added by TVwazhere,

Daily point updates are posted here:

10 hours ago, dogwitch said:

me if rich.

brings a tank to a knife fight.

also seem my comcast gate way went bad.. so when internet works i will get wu.

me if rich: 

Data Center

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So as expected, Shadow closed down when it detected I hadn't interacted with it for a while. 😞

What's the point of them selling a Pro tier as "you can do anything" if you can't leave it alone doing work?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) + GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

50 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

So as expected, Shadow closed down when it detected I hadn't interacted with it for a while. 😞

What's the point of them selling a Pro tier as "you can do anything" if you can't leave it alone doing work?

that sounds like it can be avoided using a mouse jigller software or something.

3 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

I was thinking the same thing 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

The thought had crossed my mind, but I'm sure it crossed theirs too and would get the account banned.

Seems its safer to just shut it down when I go to bed, though if they are monitoring for a routine that could easily catch me out given my unpredictable hours.

Its all a bit silly as being their top-tier, what if someone was rendering a large video export?  It also doesn't seem to hibernate when it closes, which is a doubly bad decision for a Pro service where you could lose important data.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) + GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

21 minutes ago, justpoet said:

Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

I give thanks to... All of you! Every single person who has helped run the event, who has donated a prize and a special thanks to everyone who has folded over the last year. 

You truly are incredible people. 

Spoiler

I'm not American and don't know what Thanksgiving is about... So maybe this makes no sense but my point stands 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I’m sad because I have to travel on Sunday and can’t let my computer running unattended. So it’ll be less 30 to 40 WUs / day 😞

My Ryzen 3 3100 is up and running! Its currently a mainboard with an ancient ATI gpu sitting on a desk, but its folding!

These mighty 100K PPD might even get me another place closer to the top 100 in the remaining time of the folding month.

Also a good friend told me he will go through the old PCs his former roommate left behind and see if there is a working graphics card in there that might help me rise that number a little. The ATI is so old and weak, that the folding client simply ignores its existence. (Rightfully so. I am glad its still working at all, folding on it might just kill it.)

872q9b.jpg

Just waiting on blog post 😉

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Just waiting on blog post 😉

Blog post is coming, a little slow today but it is coming, with more hardware prizes! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! The team's performance is incredible. I've had a blast tracking the rankings and watching the underdogs quietly climb higher 😁

9 minutes ago, TMan95 said:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! The team's performance is incredible. I've had a blast tracking the rankings and watching the underdogs quietly climb higher 😁

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Especially to all the other non-North Americans here. We will figure out later, what that really means.

In my usual fashion I read the daily update seeing all the names I recognize from this thread. Laughing maniacally about those I'm going to pass one day like @TVwazhere and @Heats with Nvidia...

but then movement in my peripheral vision made me check the rear view mirror and I see @WaffleMachine @Blackfish11 and @MatchMaker22 stalking me... each of them with eyes glowing from the darkness. Fixed upon me watching my every move for a moment of weakness  where I throttle down my Nvidia hair dryer so I can get my fix: punching a dodo bird in the head and taming it only to have it quickly killed by a passing dilophosaurus ... one pair of eyes glowing Red like the fires at the foundries producing AMD chips. The next set Green like dollar signs in the sockets of Jensen Huang. Finally, the eyes of my biggest threat, glowing Blue and bright like a sign that reads 'Good Vibes' from Wish.com... 

AMD Ryzen 5600x, NVIDIA 3090 FE, 2 x 16 DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance, 2TB 980 Pro, 1TB 860 EVO, Dual 24" 1080p, RM1000x, Noctua NH-U12S, 220T RGB

Just FYI, if I am ever too much, just tell me to shut up lol. I have a kid and our thing is making up goofy stories all the time. Things that seem completely out of left field and are barely tangentially related to the topic at hand are my 24/7

AMD Ryzen 5600x, NVIDIA 3090 FE, 2 x 16 DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance, 2TB 980 Pro, 1TB 860 EVO, Dual 24" 1080p, RM1000x, Noctua NH-U12S, 220T RGB

8 minutes ago, SpaceRazor said:

In my usual fashion I read the daily update seeing all the names I recognize from this thread. Laughing maniacally about those I'm going to pass one day like @TVwazhere and @Heats with Nvidia...

but then movement in my peripheral vision made me check the rear view mirror and I see @WaffleMachine @Blackfish11 and @MatchMaker22 stalking me... each of them with eyes glowing from the darkness. Fixed upon me watching my every move for a moment of weakness  where I throttle down my Nvidia hair dryer so I can get my fix: punching a dodo bird in the head and taming it only to have it quickly killed by a passing dilophosaurus ... one pair of eyes glowing Red like the fires at the foundries producing AMD chips. The next set Green like dollar signs in the sockets of Jensen Huang. Finally, the eyes of my biggest threat, glowing Blue and bright like a sign that reads 'Good Vibes' from Wish.com... 

Be aware, since a couple of hours ago i have an additional cpu outputting something in the neighbourhood of 0,1M PPD! So it will take you at least a couple of minutes more to overtake me. Take that!

it sub 60 in fl atm...

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

20 minutes ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

Be aware, since a couple of hours ago i have an additional cpu outputting something in the neighbourhood of 0,1M PPD! So it will take you at least a couple of minutes more to overtake me. Take that!

The only thing I have left to throw at you is a laptop so old I can't remember the processor. Something like a core duo U2XXX that is pushing 20 years old. I don't know if it is even capable of folding. It would probably produce basically nothing but I come from a land of climate crisis deniers who chant burn baby burn as the soundtrack to my life and the electricity is intentionally cheap to encourage us to waste it so we won't see the need to mandate more efficient appliances or install renewables.

image.png.2d8c6ac99a4c236edd6e192c4c681ac8.png

Tempting.

image.png.cd01f907c368ad02b8ba6db3e42cfa10.png

/s I can't afford this

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

1 hour ago, Lightwreather JfromN said:

image.png.2d8c6ac99a4c236edd6e192c4c681ac8.png

Tempting.

image.png.cd01f907c368ad02b8ba6db3e42cfa10.png

/s I can't afford this

do-it-now.gif

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Keep discussion related to folding. If you just want to chat use the thread in off topic.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I got this today, I really wanna install it and get it over and done with but that means missing out on ppd... Oh the quandary I face 

20231124_135922~2.JPG

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240