Can we stop using "X" Twitter, for neccesary redirected Links or Giveaways

The1Curly

Hi in the year 2023, Twitter lost a tremendous amount of importance, it was also heavily criticized by Luke and Linus for it actions and policies.
Can we at least stop using Twitter for necessary messages or Giveaways? People who do not have an account on Twitter get locked out of the LTT Verse.

Thank you guys for considering an alternative.

Can we just stop doing giveaways altogether? My entire province of Quebec always get excluded and I feel attacked and excluded each time.

I would move out of here, but that's a bit harder than creating a free throwaway twitter account solely for the purpose of giveaways.

/s

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

23 minutes ago, The1Curly said:

you guys for considering an alternative.

Whats the alternative? Like it or not, twitter still has massive engagement and a huge active user base. Hardly irrelevant no matter how much i personally want it to fail.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

8 minutes ago, MSMSMSM said:

LTT Mastodon Instance :3

Telegram channel 😁

Biggest defect of twitter now: people not part of it cannot access content (quite).

Biggest "no" for leaving fakeX: a hefty number of "adepts".

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

You have to keep in mind that giveaways are advertisements. The whole purpose of having a giveaway require things such as retweeting is to get people to promote the brand to their followers and to get it trending on Twitter and to drive engagement with the brand. The brands LMG are partnering for giveaways likely require either some participation on Twitter or at least promoting the giveaway and brand on LTTs own Twitter account with approximately 1.8M followers. Sure, LMG is probably big enough to say they won't do giveaways with those terms and turn down the brands that want it, but what would be the point? 

Yeah, Twitter sucks, but as long as people keep using it brands will continue using it to advertise.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Yeah, Twitter sucks

I'm sorry. I don't agree.

X royally and painfully sucks now.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

47 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Can we just stop doing giveaways altogether? My entire province of Quebec always get excluded and I feel attacked and excluded each time.

I would move out of here, but that's a bit harder than creating a free throwaway twitter account solely for the purpose of giveaways.

/s

yh but i think thats on ur local goverment dog

3 minutes ago, mMontana said:

Now?

I barely use Twitter so maybe I missed something, but people have as far as I remember always complained that Twitter sucks, and I have always agreed with them.

Honestly, I haven't noticed much difference since Musk took over. My biggest problem with Twitter has always been the content on the site, and that doesn't seem to have changed. I feel like there is a lot of confirmation bias/recency illusion going on with people suddenly saying Twitter got so much worse when Elon took over.

Hell, I saw people say Twitter got worse "because Elon took over" before the deal was even done. 

Twitter has always been a shithole.

A bunch of people using it for advertising.

People trying to debate complex subjects in 280, thus leading to simplistic and extremist views and takes on everything.

Celebs praying on parasocial relationships to gain more power, money and fame for themselves.

People who got somewhat famous for something now suddenly feel like they are qualified to comment on everything.

But it's not like other places are any better. Replacing Twitter with Mastodon or whatever the current flavor-of-the-month social media is doesn't actually solve any of the problems I see with Twitter. In fact, I'd say that the whole "let's abandon Twitter because it's owned by Elon" movement further contributes to the things I see as issues. Celebrity worship, parasocial relationships and extremist views.

31 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Now?

I've never been part of ecs. I used sometimes "from outside" to see some tweets of people.

However, now it's worse based on my experience, I can't say how good was before.

About "unpolite people", you can find it almost anywhere.

36 minutes ago, bezza... said:

yh but i think thats on ur local goverment dog

Oh I am well aware. It's mostly because our consumer protection laws are a bit too aggressive and complicated for a lot of smaller companies to bother with. With huge fines and even possible jail time for the organizers if they failed to respect some of the rules. At least when a contest does include Quebec, we can be sure they will actually provide the prize and not flake out.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, The1Curly said:

Hi in the year 2023, Twitter lost a tremendous amount of importance, it was also heavily criticized by Luke and Linus for it actions and policies.
Can we at least stop using Twitter for necessary messages or Giveaways? People who do not have an account on Twitter get locked out of the LTT Verse.

Thank you guys for considering an alternative.

i like when they have simple ways to limit the competition so that my odds of winning are increased.

Don't want to play the game, don't get a shot to win the prize.  Thanks for playing.

well my pc win was an email notice to a random nvidia post like and share. and a self hosted https://www.sideqik.com/ form 

i personally dont like the gleam and others that have more than one entry per person simply for referrals of daily clicks you've seen im sure 

EWWWW... thanks but no thanks. It's like preferring chironex fleckeri to a rattlesnake

3 hours ago, mMontana said:

Aside from having to sign in, how is it worse than before?

Sure, signing in sucks; but I just created a burner account for that (and I haven't been prompted to require my phone number...which can't be said for twitter of old which required me to do it or lose my account, only for them to turn around and market my number).

At least on my feed, I don't see as many actual scam bots.

While I do see more people with differing opinions, it's still better than the echo chambers that was created in the past.

I don't see the adult style ads, that clearly should not be allowed (or rather it's be reduced to the fact that I no longer fear going on Twitter in public).

Because yes, I was fearful of going on Twitter in public before.

Twitter also in the past had it so I could barely read 10 tweets before I would have to click login, then the x button.  So it's not like a login made too much of a difference.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

16 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

how is it worse than before?

It's a long, boring, debatable and... not interesting list.

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Nah. There should be a LTT tumblr page if there isn't one already.

Is their Only Fans page still up?

2 hours ago, mMontana said:

It's a long, boring, debatable and... not interesting list.

Congratulations, you listed nothing that anyone would consider "now".  If you view it like that, it was like that before as well; nothing specific  to it becoming that way now.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

@wanderingfool2 I'm sorry for your disappointment, but detailing, explaining and debating every single recent (sort of) choice of the former blue bird social network IMO is far OT  from this topic. And... To risky path to take, because controverse decision made for the blue bird started far before the vain man acquisition. Some were made with a sense that I share, some others don't, but it's really far of the point of "stop using ecs".

It can become a so strong fire feeded with anger, resention, political points of view and complex situation to untangle, specially for US Citizens. I don't want to start that fire, nor I want to look for everythin that made me said "yikes" when I read about it.

19:45 for me... not time for that kind of "battle" 😉