Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

15 minutes ago, Vilacom said:

What uh, what do you feel about this particular meeting is so damning that LTT would need additional legal representation?  Like its a completely standard HR meeting that would probably happen at any company in the wake of any kind of accusations or media attention, also literally any new employee onboarding procedure.  Not a particular fan of James' comment at the end but this is actually nothing 

Employers don't usual call all hands meetings for employees quitting. This confirms there was an issue/complaint. The validity of said complaint is a separate issue. I certainly hope the independent review they are doing doesn't come up squeaky clean, that would be incredibly telling.

No one is perfect, and if a third party says you are, it's rehearsed.

The results of the review and actions taken as a result will determine whether or not I consume any more ltt content. Full stop.

If it comes out that she was in fact pushed so hard and treated so terrible that she self harmed to get a day off, and heads don't roll (as in termination of employment, no literally.) There will be no coming back from it.

I was on board with the video released this morning. I already knew Madison left under less than ideal circumstances, but that happens. When I read her commentary, I immediately thought back to all the YouTube comments about her back in the rog rig reboot, and another former employee who's name slips my mind that the community was incredibly thirsty for.

I wish for Madison's sake that none of the backlash she is afraid of comes to pass, regardless of what is uncovered.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE in this thread who thinks this is attention seeking, I emplore you, speak to a woman in your life. Mother, sister, friend, significant other. Ask them how these allegations make them feel. How they would feel if that happened to them. What they would do.

I guarantee you, the first response is flight, not fight.

Edited by FadedSpark

7 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

"WE'RE AIMING FOR SIX NINES." *awful Luke smile*

I need to rewatch it because I missed the smirk.

1 minute ago, Booch121 said:

You are right. Sickening if true.

There were several options she had.

The police would be the obvious if the management or HR didn't react.

Not the point really anyway.

The point is that word IF.

1 minute ago, Apologize_to_madison said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/15t1mzn/mandatory_meeting_the_after_madisons_departure/

transcription if you're having trouble hearing:

(speaker 1, Linus) So we called this meeting because it's come to our attention that we need to have a quick chat about the best way to handle HR related feedback and rumors. We won't be giving any names for what I hope are extraordinarily obvious reasons, but what we can do is give you the following guidelines for problem solving and conflict resolution.

Sorry that this is all boring and corporate, but here we are. Number one, always stand up for what's right. We're only a team as long as we're all working together and working for each other. That's the most important one. Number two, always reflect on your own personal experiences and use your common sense. Few things in life are truly black and white. Number three, always wait to hear both sides of a story before passing your own judgment. Be cautious when you know that one side is bound by legal and ethical disclosure guidelines, when the other is not. Carefully consider what it says about the character of someone who would engage in that type of gossip against someone who has no power to defend themselves.

Number four, always encourage openness and transparency. If you have a problem, you need to speak up. We want to fix it. If you receive feedback about somebody else at this company, the first response is, have you spoken with this person? Followed closely by, you need to speak with this person. We don't solve interpersonal issues here, or really anywhere in your life, if you wish to live in a drama free zone, by engaging in water cooler politicking. So, if for any reason that individual is not comfortable approaching the person they're having a conflict with, we have a chain that they're supposed to follow.

So first, you advise them to take the problem to their manager. Followed by me or Yvonne, followed by our third party HR firm. I hope that you all trust that we're here to make this a safe, fun, and productive workplace, and we won't tolerate mistreatment of any of our team members.

If you have any reason to believe otherwise, then I refer you again to point number four, which is to address the issue with the individual directly, or bring it to me or Yvonne, or bring it to our third party HR firm. Since I'm not at liberty to share any details about what occurred, uh, all I can do is ask that you trust me and Yvonne.

Um, some of you know us very well, I've been here a very long time, um, some of you have not been here for as long, but I like to think that whether you've been here for nine years or nine days, you're here for a reason and you believe that we are utmost to run this company with integrity and compassion.

Um, We can't solve problems we don't know about though, so on that note, I'd like to invite anyone who has concerns about a fellow team member or about a manager to submit their feedback either by speaking with their manager, near Yvonne directly, or if you would prefer to provide your feedback anonymously, we have an option for that as well.

It's the manager and co worker feedback form. Uh, Yvonne, if you're not aware of it, show of hands who is not aware of it. Hey, a lot of people aren't aware of it. Good, so now we all know. There's an anonymous form, if for whatever reason you're not comfortable, (inaudible) you can talk to me or Yvonne directly about it (inaudible) in the general chat.

It's a safe space to provide us ideas for improvement, or if you're consumed by the holiday spirit and you want to say nice things, you can do that too. Does anybody else have any questions?

Not a single questions? Wow, that must have been a really good speech.

(speaker 2, James)You gonna dance on that table, or just stand on it?

(speaker 1, Linus)That's it! So, um, Yvonne, did you have anything you wanted to add?

(inaudible)

(speaker 3, Ivonne)Do you guys want to sanitize your hands (inaudible)?

(speaker 1, Linus)Yeah, that was actually just totally random timing. It came up the stairs a moment ago. Dennis is on it. Alright. Thank you everyone. Have a wonderful and, uh, productive rest of your day. And weekend.

This whole meeting just rings of not even wanting to act like the speaker even cares about what they are talking about. Basically reading straight out the Corpo handbook.

1 minute ago, Erioch said:

I need to rewatch it because I missed the smirk.

29 seconds in

The finger snaps.  Just ffs.

28 minutes ago, Commander_Z said:

So when is Linus properly quitting???

Never since you don't need ethics to run a company

Here is madison exit interview

https://www.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/15t1mzn/mandatory_meeting_the_after_madisons_departure/

(speaker 1, Linus) So we called this meeting because it's come to our attention that we need to have a quick chat about the best way to handle HR related feedback and rumors. We won't be giving any names for what I hope are extraordinarily obvious reasons, but what we can do is give you the following guidelines for problem solving and conflict resolution.

Sorry that this is all boring and corporate, but here we are. Number one, always stand up for what's right. We're only a team as long as we're all working together and working for each other. That's the most important one. Number two, always reflect on your own personal experiences and use your common sense. Few things in life are truly black and white. Number three, always wait to hear both sides of a story before passing your own judgment. Be cautious when you know that one side is bound by legal and ethical disclosure guidelines, when the other is not. Carefully consider what it says about the character of someone who would engage in that type of gossip against someone who has no power to defend themselves.

Number four, always encourage openness and transparency. If you have a problem, you need to speak up. We want to fix it. If you receive feedback about somebody else at this company, the first response is, have you spoken with this person? Followed closely by, you need to speak with this person. We don't solve interpersonal issues here, or really anywhere in your life, if you wish to live in a drama free zone, by engaging in water cooler politicking. So, if for any reason that individual is not comfortable approaching the person they're having a conflict with, we have a chain that they're supposed to follow.

So first, you advise them to take the problem to their manager. Followed by me or Yvonne, followed by our third party HR firm. I hope that you all trust that we're here to make this a safe, fun, and productive workplace, and we won't tolerate mistreatment of any of our team members.

If you have any reason to believe otherwise, then I refer you again to point number four, which is to address the issue with the individual directly, or bring it to me or Yvonne, or bring it to our third party HR firm. Since I'm not at liberty to share any details about what occurred, uh, all I can do is ask that you trust me and Yvonne.

Um, some of you know us very well, I've been here a very long time, um, some of you have not been here for as long, but I like to think that whether you've been here for nine years or nine days, you're here for a reason and you believe that we are utmost to run this company with integrity and compassion.

Um, We can't solve problems we don't know about though, so on that note, I'd like to invite anyone who has concerns about a fellow team member or about a manager to submit their feedback either by speaking with their manager, near Yvonne directly, or if you would prefer to provide your feedback anonymously, we have an option for that as well.

It's the manager and co worker feedback form. Uh, Yvonne, if you're not aware of it, show of hands who is not aware of it. Hey, a lot of people aren't aware of it. Good, so now we all know. There's an anonymous form, if for whatever reason you're not comfortable, (inaudible) you can talk to me or Yvonne directly about it (inaudible) in the general chat.

It's a safe space to provide us ideas for improvement, or if you're consumed by the holiday spirit and you want to say nice things, you can do that too. Does anybody else have any questions?

Not a single questions? Wow, that must have been a really good speech.

(speaker 2, James)You gonna dance on that table, or just stand on it?

(speaker 1, Linus)That's it! So, um, Yvonne, did you have anything you wanted to add?

(inaudible)

(speaker 3, Ivonne)Do you guys want to sanitize your hands (inaudible)?

(speaker 1, Linus)Yeah, that was actually just totally random timing. It came up the stairs a moment ago. Dennis is on it. Alright. Thank you everyone. Have a wonderful and, uh, productive rest of your day. And weekend.

Linus at the meeting:

Number three: always wait to hear both sides of a story before passing your own judgment. Be cautious when you know that one side is bound by legal and ethical disclosure guidelines, when the other is not. Carefully consider what it says about the character of someone who would engage in that type of gossip against someone who has no power to defend themselves.

What a weasel.

14 minutes ago, Reclus said:

I'm sorry but this is too good of a bait for me not to take it...

Typical HR - Ignore people you disagree with!

Had to be done.

If they were really an HR person, then they would be willing to discuss with people they don't agree with.

I'm assuming they put me on ignore over this, and taking sides on this whole issue is really stupid IMO.

People asking why she waited until now and didn't go to the authorities. Look at the response she's getting. Look at how rabid Linus fans are tearing into her here and on Reddit. You really expected her to come forward before now and risk getting ripped apart by the cult of personality surrounding Linus? She's taking this opportunity to tell her story because there's already controversy around Linus and it might soften the blow she's going to get in response.

I mean, you don't have to believe her outright, but you don't have to rip her apart just because she's intruding on your parasocial relationship with Linus either. We've seen in the last few days how unethical and dishonest Linus has been, so I'm willing to at least give her the benefit of the doubt. Especially considering we even have it on record that many of the LTT employees have complained about being overworked, etc. 

1 minute ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

29 seconds in

Yeah, that's bad.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

If they were really an HR person, then they would be willing to discuss with people they don't agree with.

I'm assuming they put me on ignore over this, and taking sides on this whole issue is really stupid IMO.

They do that for work, they don't do that shit in their offtime.

6 minutes ago, Apologize_to_madison said:

Here you go if you don't think this could be a real thing it's a sex joke during her exit interview

Her exit interview? What the hell. This was clearly a meeting without her. The link even states it was AFTER she left the company.

14 minutes ago, FarvM said:

I just made an account to just to reply to this. Even though LMG messed up, I don't think that this could be a real thing. If the following allegations are actually true, why would you go on a stupid media app to "let out your frustrations" on a company, when you could sue them and put them in a grave? There are tons of resources and services that help you with the workspace problems, and you decide to air it out on "X"? (What would that even achieve???) I believe, this is most likely just to "go out with a bang." If you're in a following situation as Madison claims, please reach out to a helpline and sue the company. By just a simple Google search, I found a great resource on how to take action in these types of situations: https://www.aftermetoo.com/act/

Asked and answered.

1 hour ago, digitalscream said:

UK. 

That explains a lot, you guys left the EU lol

1 hour ago, Majestic12 said:

It's amusing how people respond to my post by strawmanning and exaggerating to show how wrong I am when I say she's likely exaggerating. How ironic.

And no, it's not "chicks be crazy", it's "young inexperienced people, especially women are a lot more sensitive these days and read things wrong on the work floor and can make some pretty bad unwarranted accusations". I gave my work example to show it happens frequently. Men tend to complain way less - anyone who works in HR will confirm this.

I am sure your mental health qualifications and sophisticated worldview make you very popular among women. 

1 minute ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

They do that for work, they don't do that shit in their offtime.

For work of course, but someone saying they work in HR, then takes sides with LMG, then brag they're putting people on ignore is a stupid take IMO.

To be honest, every company I've ever worked at, had incompetent HR. This is nothing new and nothing specifically targeted at her. If she had grievances, is there not some employment tribunal or ombudsman that she could contact in Canada? At the moment, its just all her side of the story and people have armed pitchforks. Should we not wait and hear from LTT or once the independent investigation has completed with what further actions need to be taken?

Personally, I think she has so far not put up the most convincing case. Her complaint about work demand is synonymous with the line of work she is in. Posting a few social media posts as the Social Media Manager is not anything outside the scope expected of her work. She has also admitted to exaggerating about having an NDA in place when she left, which has been proven to be not true. More context is required and as the cat's out the bag now, she should be stating names, there's no logical reason for her not to now that everything is out in the open. If she doesn't then there will be suspicions as to why, with the most likely conclusion that there's not enough validity to her claims which could lead to named individuals rightfully seeking defamation.

Her situation is a tough one... 

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 | GPU: XFX 6700XT 12GB | Case: Deepcool Matrexx 70 | Storage: XPG Gammix Gen3x4 M.2 (NVMe) 256GB - ADATA SU 740 SSD 500GB - T-FORCE Vulcan 2.5" SSD 500GB - Mushkin Enhanced Source 2.5" 500GB SSD - Gigabyte Aorus 2TB NVMe Gen 4  | PSU: Enermax Triathlor Semi-Modular ECO 800w 80 PLUS Bronze | Display: MSI Optix MAG27OVC 144Hz | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | OS: Windows 11 Home | Steam Deck 

PC Peripherals: 

Mouse: G502 Hero & Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed Wireless | Keyboard: Ducky One Mini 65% | Mousepad: Techsource Topo Black | DAC: Schitt Fulla 2 & SYBA USB DAC | Headset: Alienware AW510H & Astro A40 TR | Speakers: Logitech Z323 

7 minutes ago, FarvM said:

I just made an account to just to reply to this. Even though LMG messed up, I don't think that this could be a real thing. If the following allegations are actually true, why would you go on a stupid media app to "let out your frustrations" on a company, when you could sue them and put them in a grave? There are tons of resources and services that help you with the workspace problems, and you decide to air it out on "X"? (What would that even achieve???) I believe, this is most likely just to "go out with a bang." If you're in a following situation as Madison claims, please reach out to a helpline and sue the company. By just a simple Google search, I found a great resource on how to take action in these types of situations: https://www.aftermetoo.com/act/

Even if it’s not real it isn’t for us to decide. A proper investigation needs to take place. 

Given the Billet Labs situation where they somehow lost the GPU that was sent with the cooler, didn’t return it when asked for it back, and then auctioned it off, and then didn’t censor the price billet asked for in the apology video, I can totally believe that LMG is mismanaged enough for this to happen and Linus probably wasn’t even aware of it. There were multiple things that had to fail for the initial GN portion of recent controversy to happen and ALL OF THEM failed. 

There needs to be an investigation and we need evidence. I am not going to believe Madison at face value, but I refuse to dismiss her given how poorly everything else at LMG is managed. 

5 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

29 seconds in

The finger snaps.  Just ffs.

I have to say I laughed my a** off...

Brilliant! 

12 minutes ago, tkitch said:

even if that is the case, wtf would ever actually justify harassing her?

Who cares if she was on a video.  Newbie or not, you don't harass people.  

it wouldnt, its just an incorrect behavior, that nobody is really saying outloud.