Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

19 minutes ago, UncleFunkle said:

Oh god no. That's even more dangerous than doing nothing because people will say that LTT is silencing them and therefore must be trying to hide something nefarious.

To clean up a forum from posts that are simply telling someone to "get F*cked" without adding anything of value. Its not censoring anything, its moderating.

Very unhappy with the responce for Linus and lack of responce from Terran. Billet has been mistreated by LMG - there is no dispute here. Linus said several times that at the auction (future tense) they would be auctioning off that prototype. I dont have time to go back through the videos over the previous week or two at the moment.

You are still an employee Linus. You have responcibilities to over a hundred staff as someone who makes statements, presents on the top social video platform and has been involved at every level of operations - to do a better job. Not more, better. Better in terms of professionalism, better in terms of the companies that you choose to work with. Better in terms of the work llfe balance for your employees.

It has all been said thousands of times above - but still I wonder if this is just water off your back. Prove me wrong - do better.

1 minute ago, UnwindingThree8 said:

He's just stating fact, how the situation is. He isn't envious. That's what you want to see because you support lmg. This isn't about GN or Steve. Nor does he want it to be. This is about lmg and their fuck ups. 

I support both of them, and want both to succeed. Although I did notice a burn mark on my LTT desk pad where my GN coaster was sitting. Seems to be a new compatibility issue. Wonder if I can get it warrantied?

23 hours ago, LinusTech said:

we didn't 'sell' the monoblock, but rather auctioned it for charity

Bruh moment if I ever saw one. Its quite rare I'm this inspired to make a high effort meme out of spite. But seriously, screw you dude. Did you exchange the block for money? If "yes" to this "yes or no" question, it's basically the same goddamn thing whether that means was auction or a listing on LTTstore. Where that money went is irrelevant. IDC if it was your pocket or not, your company did a fucky wucky. I don't know how you can make it right without tracking down the buyer and buying it back, out of your personal pocket and sending it back to Billet Labs... That's just my suggestion though. You do you. Either way, not renewing my FP sub and am no longer subbed to any LMG channels.
Do better my guy.
image.thumb.png.987e1786620524dedefc5e2c89bfd1a8.png

@ImorallySourcedElectrons still think HUB over reacted with their Tweet?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

20 minutes ago, harls said:

It is disingenuous to say that it took Billet contacting GN to get anything done.  LMG contacted Billet to let them know that they fucked up and sold the block.  1 business day later GN put out his video and LMG responded after that.  To say that it taking 1 business day for a company to discuss what to do in this unprecedented situation means that they would not have done anything is a stretch.  

Selling a R&D piece at an auction that was supposed to have been returned (and apparently only now finding their 3090 Ti) is a problem so massive you should be calling senior staff in over the weekend.  Which ignores the fact that Billet responded during business hours on a Thursday.  While resolving the issue might have taken time, the fact that an LMG employee didn't stop and escalated it all the way up isn't just a massive failure. It sounds like complete malfunction of internal communication. 

Also, the fact Linus didn't find out about it until Monday is an indictment on its own.  I like Linus and LMG (note how long I've been here). But don't defend catastrophic personal and systematic incompetence. 

2 minutes ago, PandaSasquatch said:

I have found no "lies" in Linus' statement. Quit throwing around hateful words like they don't mean anything.

They arent lies, its just twisting the truth. He ignored some criticisms GN has made, chose to focus on ones he know he can defend, and said it in a way that is not quite 100% true.

Watch the 2nd GN video if you are confused. 

11 minutes ago, throwawayManMode said:

Is this the deepest water Linus has ever been in? I can't recall anything worst

I believe so. There have been brushfires before. This one will start exporting smoke to the US again.

On 8/14/2023 at 10:16 PM, Cavalry Canuck said:

That’s not the vibe I get. Listen to him talk about the pull Linus has with YouTube, be it the better reps, video editing, etc. To me he sounds very envious. 

I wish he weren’t. I wish he were the way you’re suggesting. But I don’t see it. If anything, I understand why. GN deserves a hell of a lot more clout than it currently has.

Also if he were envious then he wouldn't have been the one to call Linus in the middle of the night when the hack happened. 

3 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

Yeah, but he CAN set Linus on the right path. He is REALLY good at spotting Linus putting his foot in his mouth and can give him the correct perspective by the end of the segment. Yeah Linus will get attacked more, but he is getting attacked anyway. May as well get everything out in the open.

Eh, we've talked to death how measured, or what the form of their response is gonna be.  At this point, we've both made ourselves more than clear on what we think here.  I'm gonna try and drop this line of thought now, at least.

3 minutes ago, SoulSunder said:

I say malicious because he implied it was a bad product due to the pricing of it. I’m not sure if he had any idea how much it was before he checked it out but if he did, it was most definitely malicious based on his ending thoughts on the product.

However I will concede that using malicious here is very much my speculation and negligence is a much better word to describe the situation based on the facts we have currently.

I am not willing to rule out malice, but I have a strong objection to people speculating intent and treating that speculation as fact. It muddies the waters and makes things far more complicated to resolve than they need to be. It also confuses new people entering the drama into thinking speculation is actually what happened.

"LMG videos are rushed in order to keep the algorithm fed" isn't exactly new information. The audience has been saying it for at least the last few months. This is just the first time it's been compiled into a dope slap by someone who doesn't work for Linus but has enough clout to catch his attention. It's a lot harder to handwave away criticism when it's coming from someone you consider a peer.

I think Steve was fair in the first video. He didn't exactly handle the situation with kid gloves, but would that kind of favoritism have been appropriate? I don't think so.

Auctioning the prototype that the creators expected to get back was an egregious mistake that should have been caught. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Just now, aka473 said:

The Lie in Linus' statement revolves around the fact that he makes it seem like Billet Labs and LTT have already agreed on compensation when by Billet Labs' account that wasn't true, and still isn't true as of me making this post.

The word lie has a specific meaning, I suggest you look it up.

Linus did not implicitly or explicitly make the claim you are suggesting either.

1 minute ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

Jeez, I think invision might crash with the number of posts people. Calm down. 

Lol, chrome on my phone has crashed 4 times with this forum thread, and caused my phone to freeze 2 times. I have a high end phone, and never has a website brought my phone to its knees like this lol.

2 minutes ago, Leksi T said:

Eh, we've talked to death how measured, or what the form of their response is gonna be.  At this point, we've both made ourselves more than clear on what we think here.  I'm gonna try and drop this line of thought now, at least.

To be fair I haven't been paying attention to who specifically I have been replying to. If we have been talking in circles my bad for not noticing. This thread is moving so fast I always assume I am talking to someone new xD

Just now, Drazil100 said:

To be fair I haven't been paying attention to who specifically I have been replying to. If we have been talking in circles my bad for not noticing. This thread is moving so fast I always assume I am talking to someone new xD

Not so much in circles, but just getting finer and finer on the details.  No prob.

11 minutes ago, Amaninacity said:

Your own source states that his video meets the standard for an ethical obligation to  request comment. If you can’t safely do so, you should at least be explaining why you couldn’t. Steve didn’t bother, and pretended that very valid criticism had no merit.

My Source says the following:

• telling the person prior to publication may have an impact on the story

Which basically means he did not have to do anything. Since contacting LMG would have had an impact on the story, as we can see from their actions post video release.

2 minutes ago, jooroth18 said:

They arent lies, its just twisting the truth. He ignored some criticisms GN has made, chose to focus on ones he know he can defend, and said it in a way that is not quite 100% true.

Watch the 2nd GN video if you are confused. 

Yes, Linus' response was not 100% all encompassing of the entire video, but that does not mean he twisted the truth in his forum response.

Just now, SmittyShmee said:

Heh, new CEO in for a helluva first test of his leadership.

AFAIK, the transfer of responsibilities isn't even done yet, which makes it even more of a mess.

Just now, jooroth18 said:

Lol, chrome on my phone has crashed 4 times with this forum thread, and caused my phone to freeze 2 times. I have a high end phone, and never has a website brought my phone to its knees like this lol

Lol the redditors are brigading the forum

Imagine what they'd do once the discover targetted status updates and PMs.

Oops.

4 minutes ago, ImpliedSilence said:

I think you hit the nail on the head there. "they are still operating like a tech start-up working from a basement."

Also, this should have been adressed by the CEO…not Linus .and where is he ? I notice that Linus is now cited as CVO on LMG  website but the CEO is nowhere to be seen in the photos.

1 minute ago, PandaSasquatch said:

Yes, Linus' response was not 100% all encompassing of the entire video, but that does not mean he twisted the truth in his forum response.

When he said they had an agreed-upon deal with Billet for compensation, that's textbook twisting the truth.