Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

1 minute ago, mikaelus said:

She used it to her advantage.

That's definitely possible. But given that the allegation was quietly being talked about before all of this, it seems highly likely that multiple journalists probably attempted reaching out to her before all of this. It's not insane to think that one of her competitors would work with her, and keep it private.

LMG DEFINITELY needs to regroup on the info they publish.  You can't publish a "technically informative video" if you're just jamming together crap that wasn't designed to work together.  You either need to DO IT RIGHT to have ACCURACY, or just blow the whole video on "we're just f***ing around, not really providing any usable technical data here, just seeing what we can do with this in our 'shoot-from-the-hip-Linus-breaks-everything-YOLO' kinda way".  It can't be both.

6 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

They didn’t care about engaging with the community on here until there’s drama?  This forum doesn’t have a barrier to entry, if these people were all watching LMG content then they knew it was here, but they still didn’t show up until there was some big incident?

Considering how inflammatory and non-constructive the rants coming from many of these people are, and some basically spamming the same messages over and over, I’m sticking-with my expectation that they are for the lost part, drama-seeking trolls.

HEY!  some of us are just here to watch the show.  its been going on long enough I switched from microwave to homemade Carmel corn for snackies.  I highly recommend it with a nice lemonade. 

2 minutes ago, Cracktic said:

LMG DEFINITELY needs to regroup on the info they publish.  You can't publish a "technically informative video" if you're just jamming together crap that wasn't designed to work together.  You either need to DO IT RIGHT to have ACCURACY, or just blow the whole video on "we're just f***ing around, not really providing any usable technical data here, just seeing what we can do with this in our 'shoot-from-the-hip-Linus-breaks-everything-YOLO' kinda way".  It can't be both.

You just hit on the problem with the review on the cooler.  I believe there was no malicious intent on the review. It seems Linus did not view it as a review rather a video experimenting with an impractical cooler.  Had they clearly stated that it was not being used in the manor that it was meant to and that it was not a review I do not believe there would be a problem with the video.  But with the labs and what they are trying to do they need to have a way to clearly define when they are "goofing off" vs having a serious review. 

10 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

drama-seeking trolls

You can go through my post history as I mentioned in some of my earlier posts, but I wouldn't go as far as to make assumptions. I returned to the forum, but I had an account going several years back before I was using 1password or LastPass and had no idea what my login was\is. I suspect the email I used was from my old company email, but again, I setup a new login to voice my opinions.

I've seen more trolling from folks who have been here since as far back as 2017 IIRC return to voice their opinions as well.

44 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

If you honestly beleive that he's not profiting off of this financially and from more people finding out who he is, you're highly naive. He probably planned this with Madison. No way that timing is coincidental. He doesn't need to keep talking about it for it to be highly effective in damaging the reputation of one of his biggest competitors.

Thinking he planned it with Madison is one of the weirdest conspiracy takes I've seen on this, Steve doesn't mention the SA allegations at all in either video.

Also GN and LMG aren't competitors at all in the tech community, people watch LMG videos for entertainment. GN videos are driven on factual testing with plenty of graphcs, LMG viewers usually complain they can't sit through an informative type of review.

40 minutes ago, harls said:

Yes,  It would have been nice if Steve reached out first.  Then he could have had a more factual video.  He would have had the evidence to show that the Billet labs ordeal was not a malicious attempt to destroy a company.  He would have seen that this was not a one of a kind prototype that was going to destroy a company by not getting back.  He would have seen that LMG was trying to make it right.  Instead,  he chose to not do what he did when dealing with ASUS or Newegg,  he ran a story putting the spin on it that would benefit him. 

If Steve would've reached out first then there either wouldn't have been any news on Billet labs, or the video wouldn't have changed at all.

The whole timeline of how LMG dealt with Billet labs did seem like there was malicious intent, and that is on LMG as they screwed up the whole thing from refusing to correctly test it to saying they didn't sell it they auctioned it then  trying to joke about selling it.

And the block was a valuable prototype, a one off expensive block the company simply couldn't just make another one of like a corporation could, Linus decided to try to ruin Billet labs instead of giving them a objective fair review on it with the GPU it was designed for, that seems very arrogant and shows Linus only cares about the money. I think the Billet labs video needs to be taken down and another apology issued for it.

He chose not to because he didn't have to, he went with the video without asking as LMG has been having inaccuracies in their video for a long time and Steve was probably tired of it, IMO the surprise call for them to do something about it was needed.

1 minute ago, Loopers said:

You can go through my post history as I mentioned in some of my earlier posts, but I wouldn't go as far as to make assumptions. I returned to the forum, but I had an account going several years back before I was using 1password or LastPass and had no idea what my login was\is. I suspect the email I used was from my old company email, but again, I setup a new login to voice my opinions.

I've seen more trolling from folks who have been here since as far back as 2017 IIRC return to voice their opinions as well.

I really wish there was a way to make money selling pitchforks and popcorn for this whole event!

Just now, Thepyrodex said:

I really wish there was a way to make money selling pitchforks and popcorn for this whole event!

3d printed and etsy. lol

It would make for a good meme 

2 minutes ago, Thepyrodex said:

There is, you are going to see the bumb in views for GN for the next few videos.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

If Steve would've reached out first then there either wouldn't have been any news on Billet labs, or the video would've have changed at all.

The whole timeline of how LMG dealt with billet labs did seem like there was malicious intent, and that is on LMG as they screwed up the whole thing from refusing to correctly test it to saying they didn't sell it they auctioned it then telling joking about selling it.

And the block was a valuable prototype, a one off expensive block the company simply couldn't just make another one of like a corporation could, Linus decided to try to ruin Billet labs instead of giving them a objective fair review on it with the GPU it was designed for, that seems very arrogant and show Linus only cares about the money. I think the Billet labs video needs to be taken down and another apology issued for it.

He chose not to because he didn't have to, he went with the video without asking as LMG has been having inaccuracies in their video and Steve was probably tired of it, IMO the surprise call for them to do something about it was needed.

The video was poorly done.  I get why he made the choice to not test it on the 4090 but it was not the right call.  As for Billet not being able to just make another one,  what was their plan when they told LMG to keep it?  Yes, they changed their mind after seeing the "review" and wanted it back, and LMG screwed up by not sending it back.  LMG made a lot of mistakes there is no arguing that.  It doesn't change the fact that GN spin of LMG being evil and he is Billets saviour is contradicted by evidence LMG would have shown GN had GN looked for evidence to formulate an accurate story instead of an advantageous one. 

Just now, Loopers said:

3d printed and etsy. lol

It would make for a good meme 

Lol well I already have a print farm I should have thought of it!

If only I was good with 3D design parts for things more artistic than “mechanical functional” 

28 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

For those of you still thinking GN just did this for the money - more evidence that you couldn't be more wrong.

Steve could have continued with the drama and digging into LTT with more "public beatdown" videos but look at that, that didn't happen now did it?

What is today's video? About new technology coming to aid testing and ensure greater accuracy than ever before.

Steve literally doesn't give two f***s about the drama, its actually pretty hilarious that he just casually ignores all the BS and continues straight on with the next topic:

I'm not sure what you think this proves in either way, but it doesn't proof that he doesn't care, or that he does. It's just the next video.

Just now, Thepyrodex said:

Lol well I already have a print farm I should have thought of it!

If only I was good with 3D design parts for things more artistic than “mechanical functional” 

I've never so much as used a 3d printer, but had you found a way to design a good one... i'd probably buy one if I'm being honest. Genuinely funny considering how often this community in general rages.

2 hours ago, hmfaysal said:

I would counter, yours is just lustful rage

Linus is well settled, 120 employees not so much

Are you crazy?

I have no rage lol.

In fact, I don’t give two shits either way lol. I post here because this is a Canadian forum. What little of their “reviews” that I watch, I take it as pure entertainment.. if you can call it that.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

1 hour ago, WallacEngineering said:

Except 100-1 odds shes lying about most of it, and even if she wasn't lying - she could just get another job.

Theres no way in hell this will hold up in court. She has already lost, might as well forget about it.

Holy shit this is the worst hot take I've ever seen. Repulsive and vile.

This doesn't even matter anymore. Seriously this does not matter. GN is not going to send me a message telling me they convinced John Wick it was actually me that killed his puppy. LMG is not going to send me a 4090 through the mail. Even if they did it will probably get stolen at customs anyway. So what does it matter?

Other than the employer and employee situation which is technically a legal situation, what else is there to say? All I know is on Monday some other YouTuber will be facing the wrath of some journalist and the entire internet will refocus.

People remember for us this is just "news" For the people involved this is reality. Let's give them the space to do what they need to do. As a community why not show them some respect and take a step back? Enjoy the weekend. Let them see we are going to be there next week, next month in good faith that things at GN and LMG will be better.

We have one life to live don't spend those hours debating something that should have never seen the amount of cloud that it did. 

Have a good one be safe.  

23 minutes ago, Loopers said:

Not everyone that showed-up are that way, but a lot of them are.

And to be clear, there are still some that have constructive commentary, but you’ve seen the onslaught from the trolls, it’s obvious that many new joins are just here to throw mud and troll.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Well GN's new video is up, if that gets 200k+ views in 7 days, GN won in the short term then. Lets meet here in a couple of days to talk view counts.

13 minutes ago, Loopers said:

I've never so much as used a 3d printer, but had you found a way to design a good one... i'd probably buy one if I'm being honest. Genuinely funny considering how often this community in general rages.

Yup, I’m a “maker” more than a techie by far. I have a total of about 22 printers, 4 CNC routers, 2 lasers.  It’s a fun hobby and I just found over the years after some online reviews of the printers I did hve I got sent a few more by absolutely RANDO brands from China that’s how I got so many.  

like brands like Dovov, Creasee, FL sun and even sunlu sent me some to try out buuuuut well then I found out my wife was pregnant and so I’ve had to back off and start selling a bunch for space.  

I attached pictures of a horse head prop I made for a re enacting event this past june. 

70770361835__90FCB4D5-1DD1-4C2A-9ABF-F54942FD5279.fullsizerender.jpeg

image000005.jpeg

70647149620__EA740D9F-C68B-4F14-A98D-D4341A5B82C0.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Kresnik-02 said:

There is, you are going to see the bumb in views for GN for the next few videos.

But I can't set up a hotdog style vendor cart with popcorn and pitchforks online!  If i could I have a business plan to expand into torches for those nighttime mob events but alas, torches are a luxury in this economy. 

47 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

That's definitely possible. But given that the allegation was quietly being talked about before all of this, it seems highly likely that multiple journalists probably attempted reaching out to her before all of this. It's not insane to think that one of her competitors would work with her, and keep it private.

No need for it as Linus has already caused himself enough trouble. I wouldn't come up with any conspiracy theories here. Toxic people do this stuff - but also, logically speaking, it's the best time for her to throw the punches when LMG is on the ropes. Outside of the cycle it could be swept under the rug like earlier allegations about working conditions at LMG, including employees being barred from talking about salaries.

GN did break the spell LTT had over me as i used to enjoy the daily dose of fun semi-mindless f'n around but it was a wakeup to realize that this hasty reckless yoloing without regard to instructions can actually ruin small businesses and worsen peoples lives because someone else was being reckless and childish. At least Yvonne, CEO and others in team helped restore this spell partially by admitting that such behavior was a mistake and gave sense that if i spend my limited time on those videos that at least i am not rewarding someone who unfairly craps on other peoples lives.

People are replaceable and that definitely applies to tech reviewers on youtube with plenty of choice. Biggest ones are likely going to have owners that can mentally handle heading such large organizations without throwing moody tantrums or refusing to admit mistakes when channels credibility is sort of built on providing trustworthy results.

3 minutes ago, TheSilverSpade said:

Do we want a WAN show today?

Do we think one is gonna happen?

The WAN show has been confirmed to still be taking place. It will be an interesting watch, but will likely be more of LMG's narcissist-in-chief quadrupling down on his delusion and disregard for ethics and integrity.

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 1700, 12 GB, RX 580 8 GB  Second Rig: FX-8150, 16 GB, R9 290 4 GB 

Third Rig: FX-6100, 16 GB, GTX 780 Ti 3 GB  Twin HP Compaq Elite 8200 Towers: i7 2600 (x2), 16 GB (x2), HD 5450 1 GB (x2)

4 minutes ago, TheSilverSpade said:

Do we want a WAN show today?

Do we think one is gonna happen?

If they do, it would be a gigantic clusterfuck with the toxicity of chat.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1