Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

Ye blaming GN for making the vid is pure:

image.png.e410773789cbedc571d53242369a4b7d.png

It is called being objective. But life will eventually school you. So I can't blame you for what you don't know.

3 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

why would you post those on a new video about something different? yeah I wonder why that would get removed... hmmm... of course they remove warriors trying to create drama...

Then by your logic they should do the same on this forum. Oh how the tables have turned. The level on which people not seing their own hypocricy is too damn high

Look guys, i know it's hard to accept that your favorite youtuber took the wrong path, but it's not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. No one is immune to that. As i said earlier, i've been following Linus for over 13 years. I started following GN 5-6 years ago when LTT quality started to drop drastically. It sucks, it feels bad i know, but there are no 2 ways of going about it - LTT changed for worse when they grew so much. Aside from the Billet drama, everything else that Steve pointed was spot on and was one of those hard to swallow pills. Even during the WAN you can eventually see the changed. more arrogant Linus. He may not realize it fully yet, but the success did change him. As someone pointed this out a couple of hundred of pages ago, they used to YOLO the videos, which was the charm of the channel and certainly isn't the case anymore. OG Linus would never go "let's not spend more time testing this product, because there might've been some testing mistake; just roll out the results". He would test for a few weeks if needed. 

Now that they are so big, they have the unique chance to be the actual voice of the people. They should take off the silk gauntlet they've been petting all the big companies with and put on the hardcore brass knuckles. Ask your audience constantly via polls what they wanna see, how they feel about the products, what the thing they look for the most. It's a really stupid idea to defend Nvidia for their RTX 4000 series, saying they bring major performance gain once you enabled DLSS, when 90% of uss are screaming we don't care about DLSS and we want fair prices, because a 50 class GPU rebranded as a 60 class for $400 is bordering with idiocy. Be the voice of the people and convey the message straight - "Nvidia, aside from the RTX 4090, all of your RTX 4000 series GPUs suck for the prices you ask for them. People don't want that kind of upgrade". Brutal honesty and hard slamming down are the only language big companies understand. Including LMG.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

23 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

The jabs at GN or HW Unboxed feel like immature punching down at others

Tim is an engineer, not in public relations. I 100% agree with you it's immature, but back when I worked at 3com, my making a statement shouldn't reflect poorly on 3com for my opinions even if it's in bad taste. I was managing some Fortune 500 companies back then will enormous infrastructure. I talked smack and I was stupid for it.

I believe the people giving tours volunteered and a lesson probably learned for sure that if there were future tours after that, they would need PR training or no tours at all. 

Just my opinion as I don't know Tim personally. It's just a passionate employee who said something he shouldn't have and it sucked. 

1 minute ago, andreimj said:

Then they should do the same on this forum. Oh how the tables have turned

the same on this forum... they did... it's all stuck in THIS thread r/whooooooooooooooooosh

29 minutes ago, andreimj said:

You forget that LTT was changing for more that a year now. Maybe you meant that it wasn't changing fast enough according to your and Steve's standards. Now this is arguable

It was changing for the worse, as far as I am concerned. Not just the errors, but the half-arsed, rushed videos (now, here of course it's my subjective perception). But by far the worst to me was the growing arrogance, both towards the companies and their own audience and the inability to admit their mistakes. This might be a breaking point for that..

10 minutes ago, andreimj said:

He is deleting all comments reffering to the backlash

FFS, now that is a shitty practice..

And now they falsely advertised about FP too. The cookie jar is empty and all the moldy crusts are exposed.

2 minutes ago, Loopers said:

Tim is an engineer, not in public relations. I 100% agree with you it's immature, but back when I worked at 3com, my making a statement shouldn't reflect poorly on 3com for my opinions even if it's in bad taste. I was managing some Fortune 500 companies back then will enormous infrastructure. I talked smack and I was stupid for it.

I believe the people giving tours volunteered and a lesson probably learned for sure that if there were future tours after that, they would need PR training or no tours at all. 

Just my opinion as I don't know Tim personally. It's just a passionate employee who said something he shouldn't have and it sucked. 

if you did poor comments while at work(company property), in a work related situation (tour of the lab) or used your work phone/mail/social media then oh heck yeah it should reflect poorly because YOU represent the company... Guess what... That is how people often get fired for doing such stuff... Even if you mess up at home and you are connected to the company you will get removed... like the teacher that just got fired while posting racist stuff in her "spare time"...

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

That's actually a good point, as their attitude towards Anker and ASUS were polar opposites.  If they were going to blacklist Anker for Eufy mistakes, they should have blacklisted ASUS.

Yeah I agree, if they want to blacklist companies, LMG/LTT should be impartial about it. I don't watch every one of Jayztwocent's videos but I respect him for calling out Asus and completely blacklisting them.

10 minutes ago, 3m3m said:

It is called being objective. But life will eventually school you. So I can't blame you for what you don't know.

We know all we need to know. Get of that stuff its not good for u 

2 minutes ago, AHPanda said:

And now they falsely advertised about FP too. The cookie jar is empty and all the moldy crusts are exposed.

It is just another flea on the dog's back.

I do wonder about this if so many of you want to see LMG fail, why are you here? I made it clear from my first post. I am here because GN's journalism left a bad taste in my mouth. But why are you here? 

2 minutes ago, 3m3m said:

I do wonder about this if so many of you want to see LMG fail, why are you here? I made it clear from my first post. I am here because GN's journalism left a bad taste in my mouth. But why are you here?

You don't have to hate LMG and be overly critical of their procedures. 
I'm for one am here because I love LMG and want them to succeed, but they have severe systemic issues with taking legitimate criticism. 

3 minutes ago, andreimj said:

Now @Godiwa would argue with that. But it's not because he is a GN superfan on an LTT forum. Not at all! Keep them coming boiz, this forum has place for all, unlike the mentioned elitists

If they are deleting comments it's bad practice, but have there been verified reports of comments being deleted? 
I saw verified reports on the LMG videos but so far I've seen plenty of negative comments on the GN video which have not been deleted. 

I'm applying Ikea spelling, meaning you get most of the words and letters, then it's up to you to assemble them correctly! 👍

1 minute ago, 3m3m said:

Because LTT doesn't remove comments for having a different opinion than theirs

2 minutes ago, 3m3m said:

I can't speak for others, but I do care about LMG. It's just that right now, LMG aren't the saints they claim to be and that has to be punished accordingly. The only way that's possible is by exposing all their lies and wrongdoings. Ultimately, after the punishment, the point is to improve. And that's (for me atleast) the ultimate goal. Better to expose it now, that have a string of issues and drama spanning weeks, months or years. Better to have it out of the system now. 

3 minutes ago, andreimj said:

Because LTT doesn't remove comments for having a different opinion than theirs

They did delete my dead horse GIFs... Conspiracy? Long live the dead horse GIF! 

to all those that claim they didn't do anything about the SA claims posted by a former employee... sorry to say you are wrong and should update yourselves... Terren's statement have been out for "ages" now... yes maybe you missed it, but that still doesn't mean they didn't put it out...

lmg-SA-statement.jpg

2 minutes ago, AHPanda said:

I can't speak for others, but I do care about LMG. It's just that right now, LMG aren't the saints they claim to be and that has to be punished accordingly. The only way that's possible is by exposing all their lies and wrongdoings. Ultimately, after the punishment, the point is to improve. And that's (for me atleast) the ultimate goal. Better to expose it now, that have a string of issues and drama spanning weeks, months or years. Better to have it out of the system now. 

Who are we to punish anyone?

9 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

if you did poor comments while at work(company property), in a work related situation (tour of the lab) or used your work phone/mail/social media then oh heck yeah it should reflect poorly because YOU represent the company... Guess what... That is how people often get fired for doing such stuff... Even if you mess up at home and you are connected to the company you will get removed... like the teacher that just got fired while posting racist stuff in her "spare time"...

Not quite.

Browse Twitter some and you will see in bio for example "My opinions are my own and do not represent xyz" disclaimer

It's bad optics, but that's how it works.

Just a simple list from a top google search, but here are some examples.

5 Employee Twitter Bio Disclaimers You Should Add Today (workology.com)

10 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Whether its from his personal income doesn't matter, its a problem of being impartial because he has a interest in it, LMG has plenty of other talent and I think it would be better if Linus isn't doing laptop reviews because of the inherent bias towards Framework.

I like Framework as a company, but not the conflict of interest with putting a stake in Framework and still reviewing other brands of laptops objectively.

The WAN show is a podcast, not a main LTT channel video, my point was not everyone is going to sit through a podcast or even watch the WAN show. I used to enjoy the WAN show when it was Linus and Luke discussing the news, now its more of Linus going on rants that Luke at times doesn't agree with, and I side with Luke as what he says is much more well thought out.

As I said Steve has tried to talk with LMG, its always brushed away as not being an issue. Steve didn't get anything wrong on Billet labs, Billet labs didn't give him all of the info, and it depends if you really trust how LTT and Linus discussed the timeline on what happened. I am skeptical on LMG's side as they were supposed to return the block, but didn't then sold it and joked about how it wasn't sitting on a shelf which seems like ill-intent to me.

I don't know of any other youtubers that have admitted they can completely change a video without taking down the inital video and uploading a new one. Also apparently since LMG can do that it makes no sense why they don't just makes corrections in the video.

Criticizing me of being biased of GN is hyperbole, as I'm just pointing out what happened, I'm not going to attack GN when they aren't to blame for any of this.

Also LMG completely avoiding anker when it was eufy then saying all anker products are bad was going too overboard in my opinion. I think anker products are decent, all they had to say was eufy was garbage.

As for Asus, the conflict of interest is there too, theres several times he went too easy on Asus, Intel and Nvidia. Another example is Linus said he was going to switch to an AMD graphics card, but hasn't done any updates on it.

If there is actual bias in regard to framework the show the proof.

There is none as far I know.

They are doing very limited review on framework and always clearly disclose their potential bias.

It is actually higher standard compared to news agency that usually disclose the potential bias in fine print or running text.

I agree with you in the billet issue they make a mistake and should be called for. Same with the pwaned mouse.

WAN show always reposted in LTT channel with certain part focus only on the issue highlighted.

The issue here is Steve clearly know about Linus aware of the mistake issue and want to address it. It is directly related to pnawed mouse issue that he refer to so he cannot say he is unaware.

But he choose to not mention this on the video.

As for correction in the video, they do correction in the video but Steve take issue with that. His opinion it should be taken down and then reupload as new with the correction.

For your Anker comment, Linus specifically said he don't think Anker is a bad product, he loved the product but due to eufy issue he is takkng his foot down and cut ties with Anker even though it hurt him financially.

As for your comment that Linus should be harder on ASUS, Intel and NViDIA Linus have address that multiple time that he choose to work with the brand to make some changes and help to be the voice of consumer to the brand. Linus also have been pretty strong in his critic on NVIDIA.

As for Intel, I guess you did not notice that the tech upgrade sponsor. Is now AMD instead of Intel?

1 minute ago, 3m3m said:

Who are we to punish anyone?

We are ultimately victims from their behaviour. Bad reviews, bad information, false advertising. It all adds up and has to stop.

2 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

to all those that claim they didn't do anything about the SA claims posted by a former employee... sorry to say you are wrong and should update yourselves... Terren's statement have been out for "ages" now... yes maybe you missed it, but that still doesn't mean they didn't put it out...

lmg-SA-statement.jpg

That is what one expect from a large company.

Just now, Loopers said:

Not quite.

Browse Twitter some and you will see in bio for example "My opinions are my own and do not represent xyz" disclaimer

It's bad optics, but that's how it works.

Just a simple list from a top google search, but here are some examples.

5 Employee Twitter Bio Disclaimers You Should Add Today (workology.com)

still if you do it on your work twitter profile it doesn't matter how much you claim it does not represent your work... it 100% does...

and trust me (bro) if you post on twitter with your private account that "I'm a racist and all "race" are inferior" you WILL be fired... no company with any dignity want anything to do with that

5 minutes ago, Vexenar said:

If they are deleting comments it's bad practice, but have there been verified reports of comments being deleted? 
I saw verified reports on the LMG videos but so far I've seen plenty of negative comments on the GN video which have not been deleted. 

When I received the notification I checked the video comments section. When I refreshed I couldn't find the previous comments including mine. I haven't used any swearwords or anything injurious. Upon refreshing I kept seeing the comments being deleted. I see some, refresh after a while ant they're gone. I hope I'm wrong

Just now, 3m3m said:

That is what one expect from a large company.

they can't give you all the juicy details... and they are none of your business either... there are laws around that... so even though you want to gulp down all the juicy details, you won't get em.

Just now, AHPanda said:

We are ultimately victims from their behaviour. Bad reviews, bad information, false advertising. It all adds up and has to stop.

Who stopped you from going to a second or third channel to verify the information? I never made a choice based on LTT recommendations. Because they are just "recommendations". We are adults we must do due diligence. We are obligated to do so.