Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

30 minutes ago, Slizzo said:

Holy shit this is the worst hot take I've ever seen. Repulsive and vile.

Except its probably the truth. Don't pretend ur on some kind of moral high ground, grow up.

She literally waited to piggy-back off the GN thing. Grow a brain and think for yourself, don't just go along with what society wants, society is completely stupid these days anyways.

How many times has a woman come forward with sexual assault allegations towards a company or musician just for everyone to find out it was consensual and the woman was just attempting to make some money off said celebrity? I understand that isn't ALWAYS the case but it is the case most of the time.

Do you really think if such seriously f***ed up s*** was happening at LMG, that they wouldn't have had a serious allegation or multiple a long time ago?

Now Im not saying LMG in innocent in everything - from the very beginning of this thread I have been agreeing with GN and the facts they have brought forward and I think LMG needs some serious work and to back off trying to make so many videos so quickly. But this whole Madison thing is just some he-said-she-said-bulls*** and you know it.

Now if Im proven wrong then that really sucks and LMG will have lost every ounce of my respect, and they have already lost a fair bit of it. But I seriously doubt its a real thing. This crap happens all the time ans its always just that - crap.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

You could see a WAN show with the exec team, might be a good way to show things. Like a mini progress update.

If it goes ahead.

7 minutes ago, TheSilverSpade said:

Do we want a WAN show today?

Do we think one is gonna happen?

IMO, WAN isn't work. It's a podcast after hours they enjoy doing. Linus being there would be a surprise, but I fear considering LTT employees are getting death threats the WAN show will be full of toxic morons. 

1 minute ago, Loopers said:

IMO, WAN isn't work. It's a podcast after hours they enjoy doing. Linus being there would be a surprise, but I fear considering LTT employees are getting death threats the WAN show will be full of toxic morons. 

All the merch messages are just going to be about last week. We move onto another topic people won’t allow it.

3 minutes ago, GTC said:

No one seemed to care about the video mistakes before GN brought it up and while yes, the billet labs incident was a big fuck up, at the end of the day a fuck up is all it was.

They've made a series of bad mistakes in a row and I'm grateful that GN has brought attention to it. Linus's initial reaction was very poor, but he's right that they are just people and they make mistakes. You aren't perfect either.

The majority of people seem to be acting as if they've been funding terrorism or something this whole time.

Just my 2 cents.

People love drama  and self righteousness.

You're a prime example, with your new thread (that got combined) to say your opinion.  Why you thought you need a new thread is the proof in the pudding.

I am as well by responding.

You CANNOT defeat human nature as a whole, regardless of how "evolved" you think the species is.  Humans suck.  

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

1 hour ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

If you honestly beleive that he's not profiting off of this financially and from more people finding out who he is, you're highly naive. He probably planned this with Madison. No way that timing is coincidental. He doesn't need to keep talking about it for it to be highly effective in damaging the reputation of one of his biggest competitors.

I think you need to take the tin foil hat off 🤣. Madison jumped in on it herself, she used the GN thing to her advantage, its so obvious its not even funny.

GN and Madison have probably never even had contact. Its just the same typical thing we see in life consistently. What makes you think anything is different here?

GN stated facts, and he did the same thing to Linus that he does to ASUS and every other company. Get over it - there is no conspiracy here and you are clearly the naive one for even thinking so.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

7 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Except its probably the truth. Don't pretend ur on some kind of moral high ground, grow up.

She literally waited to piggy-back off the GN thing. Grow a brain and think for yourself, don't just go along with what society wants, society is completely stupid these days anyways.

How many times has a woman come forward with sexual assault allegations towards a company or musician just for everyone to find out it was consensual and the woman was just attempting to make some money off said celebrity? I understand that isn't ALWAYS the case but it is the case most of the time.

Do you really think if such seriously f***ed up s*** was happening at LMG, that they wouldn't have had a serious allegation or multiple a long time ago?

Now Im not saying LMG in innocent in everything - from the very beginning of this thread I have been agreeing with GN and the facts they have brought forward and I think LMG needs some serious work and to back off trying to make so many videos so quickly. But this whole Madison thing is just some he-said-she-said-bulls*** and you know it.

Now if Im proven wrong then that really sucks and LMG will have lost every ounce of my respect, and they have already lost a fair bit of it. But I seriously doubt its a real thing. This crap happens all the time ans its always just that - crap.

Her timing is odd considering she is trying to speak her truth in the middle of a wildfire when she deserves her time without the potential community backlash to it, I will however say this; though I won't say who she is to me, someone very close to me was sexually assaulted as a child and waited until she felt safe to say her piece and was treated exactly how you are right now and why she stayed silent. 

I'd delete your comment if I were you, bud.

6 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

I was initially skeptical at first as well, but then Colin corroborated much of what she's said already. And Emily has also not flat out denied that any of what Madison has said is untruthful.

My brain is quite gown, thank you very much. That's why I called out your victim blaming/shaming as what it was, a terrible hot take. Because before we know more it's best to not say any of what I originally quoted from you.

4 minutes ago, TheSilverSpade said:

All the merch messages are just going to be about last week. We move onto another topic people won’t allow it.

I wouldn't be surprised if those were disabled for this week 

9 minutes ago, GTC said:

No one seemed to care about the video mistakes before GN brought it up and while yes, the billet labs incident was a big fuck up, at the end of the day a fuck up is all it was.

They've made a series of bad mistakes in a row and I'm grateful that GN has brought attention to it. Linus's initial reaction was very poor, but he's right that they are just people and they make mistakes. You aren't perfect either.

The majority of people seem to be acting as if they've been funding terrorism or something this whole time.

Just my 2 cents.

Im fully with you on this one. Getting tired of peoples outrage. But thats the internet sadly.... Bunch of screaming kids behind a screen.

On 8/14/2023 at 4:30 PM, LinusTech said:

As for what steps we're taking, you're talking about an outlier issue that has happened once in 10+ years of operation. There won't be a new SOP to ensure we don't accidentally auction stuff. We just need to tighten up some documentation.

Honestly, as someone who has conducted retrospectives on incidents for over 20 years.  This is the exact time to do one.  Is it truly an outlier issue or the beginning of a trend that will lead to the downfall of your company?  You don't know unless you do a thorough investigation, understand the root cause and show that it can't happen again, either by proving it is indeed an outlier or by changing process.

I don't know if the attitude expressed in the above quote is an example of the overall attitude at LMG, but if it is it is part of the problem.  I wish you the best.  I find you highly entertaining and want you to succeed.  Hoping you guys are able to learn from this and be better and stroger for it. 

6 minutes ago, Loopers said:

I wouldn't be surprised if those were disabled for this week 

The way to interact with the stream is not through merch messages or FP chat it’s through super chats and twitch bits.

3 hours ago, Loopers said:

Cannot steal something that was originally given prior to June 23rd. They later (in late June) requested its return when Linus started trashing it.

So selling something that you said you would return is not stealing it? Okay mate. And getting something on condition where you keep it for future use is not the same as getting something so you can sell it. And thus not yours.

18 minutes ago, GTC said:

There is a reason nobody took LMG seriously anymore when it came to information. Can you guess why?

4 minutes ago, TheSilverSpade said:

The way to interact with the stream is not through merch messages or FP chat it’s through super chats and twitch bits.

Poor Dan, assuming the things he’ll have to read if chat is live on this WAN Show, that’s going to be a crappy task.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

29 minutes ago, E-Waster said:

The WAN show has been confirmed to still be taking place. It will be an interesting watch, but will likely be more of LMG's narcissist-in-chief quadrupling down on his delusion and disregard for ethics and integrity.

If the WAN show does take place and if Linus doesn't change his act quick smart it's not going to go well for him. The channel has already lost 200k subs, floatplane has like 5-6k subs. The apology video was clearly written in a way where they assumed it was a small issue that would disappear in a week.

Linus if you read this comment you need to grow up fast.

the allegations have been big, but now we have a lot of dumdums grasping at pitchforks made of straw and equating every little detail to the recent allegations. Smearing anywhich employee they can, making  other technical claims when they have no idea what they are talking about.

It's far too crazy now, so much so that the original claims GN brought to the table are losing weight. Internet (and real) mobs suck, and that's all this has devolved into now, facts are being lost.

Jam on through to the other side

Has Noctua ever sponsored LMG? They send free fans and have branding deals b/c Linus is a Noctua fan boy.

1 hour ago, SuperGnu said:

So selling something that you said you would return is not stealing it? Okay mate. And getting something on condition where you keep it for future use is not the same as getting something so you can sell it. And thus not yours.

Conditions were implied and from what we know of so far, not exchanged. Anything further would be conjecture. Returning it would be best effort as it was theirs to return on their timetable and the questionable responses from billet leave a lot of questions unanswered considering LMG found it and could return it but billet said no thanks, but it halted production, but it hurt them, but they gave it away.

At best, it's piss poor communication from LMG, but quit your bullshit and distribute that accountability equally. Billet isn't blameless, so put your pitchfork down.

6 minutes ago, Loopers said:

At best, it's piss poor communication from LMG, but quit your bullshit and distribute that accountability equally. Billet isn't blameless, so put your pitchfork down.

For sure there are a lot of questions surrounding what Billit Labs communicated to the outside public, including Gamers Nexus. 

What surprised me is that the e-mail traffic between Billit and LMG regarding essentially giving away the prototype was overlooked or more than likely redacted from their communications to Gamers Nexus, I cannot imagine that they would have put as much emphasis on it if those details were fully disclosed to them. 

I'm applying Ikea spelling, meaning you get most of the words and letters, then it's up to you to assemble them correctly! 👍

15 minutes ago, bhop_monster_jam said:

the allegations have been big, but now we have a lot of dumdums grasping at pitchforks made of straw and equating every little detail to the recent allegations. Smearing anywhich employee they can, making  other technical claims when they have no idea what they are talking about.

It's far too crazy now, so much so that the original claims GN brought to the table are losing weight. Internet (and real) mobs suck, and that's all this has devolved into now, facts are being lost.

This was very predictable - it happened to ASUS before and many others Gamer Nexus made critical videos of. The fact they act as if this is all unexpected makes me facepalm. It's unavoidable if you make any public roasting videos like this - everyone with a grudge comes out of the woodworks to take a kick as they're down in the dirt.

Steve did tell the truth about Linus tending to deflect BUT when you consider the cooling block was being dealt with and Billet Labs only told half the truth to GN but Steve wilfully neglected giving Linus a chance to defend his corner AND when you consider GN knew LMG was working on the labs and was struggling to cope with an explosion of people ... it felt like a low blow. The more I think about it, the less reasons I can think of why GN even made the post to begin with because it will likely do FAR more damage than good. They're not the police of the tech world even though they act the part. They'll have caused untold damage and potentially threatened over a 100 jobs for a few hundred thousand extra subscribers.

Well done, Steve. I hope you're proud. And unlike Linus I doubt we'll get an apology video. I suspect more videos where Steve can barely contain his salivating as he further blasts LMG into the ground.

45 minutes ago, E-Waster said:

The WAN show has been confirmed to still be taking place. It will be an interesting watch, but will likely be more of LMG's narcissist-in-chief quadrupling down on his delusion and disregard for ethics and integrity.

If the wan show does take place then I would hope the new CEO told Linus to shut up about it, but I expect Linus to go on a rant over how he thinks its GN fault for not asking first.

7 minutes ago, Vexenar said:

likely redacted from their communications to Gamers Nexus, I cannot imagine that they would have put as much emphasis on it if those details were fully disclosed to them. 

This. Billet has been riding the sweet clout train since it unfolded as people have apparently been ordering shit from them and if they did indeed withhold pertinent details like that, that would have absolutely changed GN's reporting, that's the definition of scummy and a smoking gun. I agreed with 99% of what Steve said, but that part of the reporting hasn't sat well with me since it was found out this was omitted. 

6 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

If the wan show does take place then I would hope the new CEO told Linus to shut up about it, but I expect Linus to go on a rant over how he thinks its GN fault for not asking first.

I actually expect Terren to be there.

24 minutes ago, Loopers said:

This. Billet has been riding the sweet clout train since it unfolded as people have apparently been ordering shit from them and if they did indeed withhold pertinent details like that, that would have absolutely changed GN's reporting, that's the definition of scummy and a smoking gun. I agreed with 99% of what Steve said, but that part of the reporting hasn't sat well with me since it was found out this was omitted. 

The question is did Billit withhold information from GN or did GN withhold the information from us?  It is hard to tell Billit was pissed,  and rightfully so.  GN told us he didn't care about evidence because he knows LMG is bad which makes it hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.