Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

Just now, Exty said:

well yes ... that is how it works.

niche - a specialized segment of the market for a particular kind of product or service. tech being the niche 

Ya but the term niche is usually used to describe a SMALL segment, right?

LTT isn't Niche at all, LMG has like what, a solid 20% the subscriber count of the highest subscribed YouTube channel in all categories right?

Hes literally on the heels of getting to 50% of f***ing Markipliers count. That means not Niche at all if you ask me.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

4 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

That is the point, most of the views were from LTT subs, thats my wild guess. His average view rate is around 200k, highest ones are in the 400k region. Thats it, thats his reach. So no way in hell, 50% of his subs viewed this video. It just cannot happen. 

Also given the fact that a significant view comes from unsubbed viewers in every channel, I reckon even 10% of his own subs watches his videos. Good performance. Great day job

from LTT, from Reddit, from Twitter, from HUB etc. etc. and from other rando channels...
his Alienware review had 583k, AMD Labs 454k, China GPU 438k, PC cases roundup 466k, AMD RX 7600 492k, ASUS overvolting 1,2 million, AMD 7800X3D 1,2 million, 4070 review 622k, Voodoo5 6000 504k...

So you are lowballing... yes the hardware news (weekly ones) are kinda low... not many care about the "short news" within hardware... especially not those that just want entertainment. and that is just within the last 4 months... and the 1,2m view ones aren't just "LTT users coming over" because why should they... 

but even with his little channel, he managed to get some huge changes through and recalls made for safety... that's HUGE for something "so small".

8 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

Dude but for reals, they even have a governing body to ensure proper leveling.

Homepage.... ->

http://efsmi.org/index.php

1 minute ago, BigFatTeddy said:

And those boundaries are defined by... you? Dude, this is just made up shit. None of these channels goes into the weeds of tech, it's just consumer-babble about pseudo-fancy shit. Trying to grade this is... infantile.

Asked and answered.... Helloooooo  😉

7 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

2. there is actually tech level grading... it's used in IT support, 3rd level support = the lowest... coolies sitting on the phone, can solve all the simple issues "reinstall windows, restart your router" kinda stuff... 2nd level support is more advanced and for the rare cases with hyper specialized problems you have 1st level support which are experts in the field 

Dude, you might wanna look that up somewhere, I think you fucked that claim up really hard. My 1st levels are definitely not experts in the field. You're just making shit up as you go, dude. Please don't throw around IT-Mgmt terms that you know nothing about.

7 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

3. you wouldn't be a tech... 😉 you'd be a coder then I'd guess for the malware stuff

Maybe you should guess less. Really. Get some knowledge.

1 minute ago, Godiwa said:

from LTT, from Reddit, from Twitter, from HUB etc. etc. and from other rando channels...
his Alienware review had 583k, AMD Labs 454k, China GPU 438k, PC cases roundup 466k, AMD RX 7600 492k, ASUS overvolting 1,2 million, AMD 7800X3D 1,2 million, 4070 review 622k, Voodoo5 6000 504k...

So you are lowballing... yes the hardware news (weekly ones) are kinda low... not many care about the "short news" within hardware... especially not those that just want entertainment. and that is just within the last 4 months... and the 1,2m view ones aren't just "LTT users coming over" because why should they... 

but even with his little channel, he managed to get some huge changes through and recalls made for safety... that's HUGE for something "so small".

Nah man, I just eyeballed the first page of videos on my pc, what I saw, is what I wrote. Sure, older videos got a bit more views. Nothing compared to his LTT video. The highest one you mentioned is what, 622k? Thats like 15.5% of the 4mil he got on the LTT video. Ah crap, what the hell man

Steve isn't performing, he is breaking my heart. He needs LTT to perform or someone bigger

8 minutes ago, andreimj said:

Give me some of what you're smoking cuz it must be great. LTT is a niche 🤣

LTT is a niche "tech entertainment" not to confuzzle with "knitting niches" or "bike touring niches" 😉 everything has a niche you know. 15million subs is a niche...

check this, LTT isn't even 10% of #4:

Rank & Channel Subscribers (millions) Primary Language & Country
#1 T-Series 247 Hindi & India
#2 MrBeast 175 English & United States
#3 Cocomelon 163 English & United States
#4 Sony Entertainment Television 160 Hindi & India

4 minutes ago, BigFatTeddy said:

And those boundaries are defined by... you? Dude, this is just made up shit. None of these channels goes into the weeds of tech, it's just consumer-babble about pseudo-fancy shit. Trying to grade this is... infantile.

everything is made up ... even the language you talk in. like dude... im done interacting with you 

4 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

What did he change? I would appreciate if someone takes the time to compile a list. Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, hmfaysal said:

Nah man, I just eyeballed the first page of videos on my pc, what I saw, is what I wrote. Sure, older videos got a bit more views. Nothing compared to his LTT video. The highest one you mentioned is what, 622k? Thats like 15.5% of the 4mil he got on the LTT video. Ah crap, what the hell man

Steve isn't performing, he is breaking my heart. He needs LTT to perform or someone bigger

I mentions TWO at 1,2 million in case you missed it? not 622k... and that is within the last 4 months only

13 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

Dude but for reals, they even have a governing body to ensure proper leveling.

Homepage.... ->

http://efsmi.org/index.php

Darn, I stand corrected. Their is a leveling scheme for tech-youtube channels. Probably this could be applied to ALL youtube-channels.

Kudos, I didn't know this was a thing.

45 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Oh also 2 million is not a small amount. Like not at all.

Fun fact: I build RC cars. These aren't WalMart Toys, these are adult-level hobby-grade machines.

The world record was actually just beaten recently with a 1/7th scale Arrma Limitless-based custom build that clocked in at about 220 MPH, for example.

You know the largest RC YT channel has 3.6M subscribers. In second place is a channel with 2.4M and honestly he recently exploded because this time last year he hadn't even breached 1M yet.

Tech is not even CLOSE to a Niche community. I watch channels at least weekly that have well under 100K subs. Steves channel is not even close to small.

I ride motorcycles, do you have any idea how big some of those channels are? What kind of flex are you trying to make at me?

2 million subs isn’t a small number, but not in the ballpark of the largest tech channels, and not anywhere near actually large channels on YouTube. How many subscribers do Mr Beast or PewDePie have?

My point was that entertainment sells on a platform like YouTube, which is why there are Minecraft-focused YouTube channels that dwarf most tech channels.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

I mentions TWO at 1,2 million in case you missed it? not 622k... and that is within the last 4 months only

Oh crap, sorry. Still measly 30% of the LTT expose video. I bet Steve is celebrating his biggest video to date. Congrats maybe

39 minutes ago, Avant of Eredon said:

Found it! Yeah it's nothing. Still, it's a funny coincidence that the original video from GN came out, to a DAY, year after Linus talks about him.Screenshot_20230817_153317_Firefox.thumb.jpg.798ab150cdf64577634f0bce92ba5b65.jpg

7 years is a long time. Anything can happen in 7 years. I do not think this is a "deadline" that is ridiculous. Linus has mentioned many times on wan show how he views YouTube as "You stop swimming you die" which is the main reason behind all of LMG's problems. This is the mindset that has led them to keep pushing their insane video production timeline and is the core thing they are trying to fix.

Yvonne puts it best here at 1:11:

Taran when he left shared about his struggle with with not being able to afford toilet paper when working at subway so he would steal toilet paper from subway. He carried that habit over to LMG until one day it hit him that he didn't need to do that anymore. He tells that story here:

LMG has been stuck in the habit at all levels of the business that "We need to keep pushing or we will fade into irrelevancy" and now that they are taking that pause I think they are FINALLY hitting that "we don't need to fight this hard" realization.

My take is that when Linus made that comment about GN he was being genuine, but he didn't know if something would happen in 7 years that would make Steve burn out. It wasn't a threat, he just views YouTube as a whole as "You stop swimming you die" 

3 minutes ago, Exty said:

everything is made up ... even the language you talk in. like dude... im done interacting with you 

Please. Yes.

What did he change? I would appreciate if someone takes the time to compile a list. Thanks in advance

compile a list? go watch his videos they are easy to find (look for the biggest numbers) one off the head was that he got them to recall the case that self ignited... and got them to change the circuit board that caused the issues to one of better quality. the hmm NZXT H1 case I think it was

here it is 2 yr ago: 

5 minutes ago, Exty said:

Are We Living in a Computer Simulation? Scientists Prove ...

2 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

Oh crap, sorry. Still measly 30% of the LTT expose video. I bet Steve is celebrating his biggest video to date. Congrats maybe

I don't see you getting videos with that many views? it's not easy... especially not when you are a specialized niche and not just a "look funny video with car crashes" or other bs..

1 minute ago, Drazil100 said:

My take is that with Linus made that comment about GN he was being genuine, but he didn't know if something would happen in 7 years that would make Steve burn out. It wasn't a thread, he just views YouTube as a whole as "You stop swimming you die" 

In life, you stop swimming, you die. Yeah, business owners can take quite a bit of swimming themselves, to make it slightly easier on their employees. Thats what makes a great leader. 

But yeah, like dory, keep swimming, slow down when needed, but boy never stop swimming

I don't see you getting videos with that many views? it's not easy... especially not when you are a specialized niche and not just a "look funny video with car crashes" or other bs..

Yeah, different weight classes. Thats what I meant when I first said it. LTT and GN are not even in the same weight class. 

Also, I am not a content creator. I enjoy entertainment, I am a consumer

12 minutes ago, andreimj said:

What an amazing take. I'm laughing my ass off 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Well I mean isn't it tho? Its so advanced I can't even begin to explain lithography. Im pretty sure if I could I would be working in a FAB. Those are very closely guarded secrets because it literally runs every electronic device in our lives.

Anything that has a chip - Your PC, Car, Computer, TV, Monitor, Coffee Maker, Phone, Heater, AC, Microwave, Oven, literally everything that isn't like the most basic piece of electrical equipment like a light bulb.

They all have chips that are fundamentally built upon transistors. So really, transistors themselves are 100% responsible for modern society and technology - at least thats how I see and understand it.

Current Build Thread:

Just now, hmfaysal said:

In life, you stop swimming, you die. Yeah, business owners can take quite a bit of swimming themselves, to make it slightly easier on their employees. Thats what makes a great leader. 

But yeah, like dory, keep swimming, slow down when needed, but boy never stop swimming

I think you are thinking of sharks.  Which I agree, are horribly dangerous.  Check this PSA

Yeah, different weight classes. Thats what I meant when I first said it. LTT and GN are not even in the same weight class. 

Also, I am not a content creator. I enjoy entertainment, I am a consumer

not in the same weight class and not even in the same topic class either

but actually take a LOOK at LTT views... GN topped around 1,2m before the LTT video... with 2 million subs...
LTT before the GN video is about 1-1,5m per video... so "only" 2-3x more VIEWS... but they have 13,5 MILLION more subs... so actually GN isn't THAT far behind them in views (which is what matters) yes much fewer subs but they don't convert, views does. there is some videos nearing 3m so they can go up to like 6x the views but they are a bit far between...

so wouldn't scuff at GN because of that, he seems to be doing pretty well

10 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

LTT is a niche "tech entertainment" not to confuzzle with "knitting niches" or "bike touring niches" 😉 everything has a niche you know. 15million subs is a niche...

check this, LTT isn't even 10% of #4:

Rank & Channel Subscribers (millions) Primary Language & Country
#1 T-Series 247 Hindi & India
#2 MrBeast 175 English & United States
#3 Cocomelon 163 English & United States
#4 Sony Entertainment Television 160 Hindi & India

Holy hell, wow Ive been gone from the big channels for a while. I remember PewDiePie being #1 and that whole thing with the face-off VS T-Series at like what, 55 Million Subs? Damn YT has exploded like a f***ing nuclear bomb lol 🤣

Current Build Thread:

1 minute ago, WallacEngineering said:

Holy hell, wow Ive been gone from the big channels for a while. I remember PewDiePie being #1 and that whole thing with the face-off VS T-Series at like what, 55 Million Subs? Damn YT has exploded like a f***ing nuclear bomb lol 🤣

I hope GN also explodes with new subs, like 15 mil subs