Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

2 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Ya, he made a direct hit on LMG because LMG is currently damaging the community.

He even expressed in the beginning of the very first video that he is uncomfortable with the situation and he really does not want to have to do this. You did watch it, didn't you?

Steve is a 100% factual and ethics guy first. You would understand that if you have watched him and his content for as long as I have. Ive been watching LMG, GN, and JaysTwoCents for over a decade. Hardware Unboxed is the newer channel for me. Steve and Linus are so completely opposite people that comparing them is like trying to divide by the number 0 and then the world implodes lol.

Steve really was excited for his bud Linus when Linus first announced labs. You should have seen that video he was genuinely stoked on the idea of the biggest tech tuber having access to real, genuine, accurate data.

And to you guys who believe LMG deserves an easier time because they are more Entertainment-focused? You couldn't be more wrong. Do any of you even remember the early days of LMG? Do you guys even remember the original reason the channel was founded? Its in the title guys - LINUS TECH TIPS - He has always wanted to provide useful consumer advice to his audience first and foremost. Otherwise it never would have existed to begin with.

Even if it is meant to be more entertaining than other options, 75%+ of this entire company is still reviewing tech products in different tech categories and telling consumers whether or not they should buy it.

And what has LMG been failing at lately? Oh, right - providing helpful consumer advice on tech products. Literally the main and fundamental idea behind LMG is what they have been doing wrong.

As for the Madison allegations - unfortunately none of us will ever know. Its a quite serious subject and information on the matter will only be shared with those who need to know. But you need to remember that many people make baseless allegations against big companies and celebrities all the time to try and get money of them.

How many women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against rock stars this year alone? You realize in 99% of those situations that woman wanted it and asked for it, and then turn arounds and claims sexual assault later. We aren't stupid, we know better.

Just like how gashing your own leg open to avoid going to work is completely bulls*** and anyone who believes that needs to go back to school immediately. Wanna know why its BS? Because there are other jobs in the world, nobody is forced to work anywhere. If you don't like where you work, try... IDK... MAYBE FIND A NEW JOB YOU MORON!

And then there was someone talking about Transgenders for some reason??? What? I mean diversity is important in any workplace but like what the hell does that have to do with inaccurate testing the whole billet labs thing? Also, diversity in this business? Ur joking right? This is nerd territory. Nerds are like literally 80% white bearded dudes. Theres nothing wrong with that - I am one too. You can't force diversity when others just aren't interested.

You know how many women Ive met in my lifetime who know a single thing about PC Hardware? One, literally one. There may be some and I may not be lucky but I actively seek out nerdy female friends and nerdy potential dates and literally find none whatsoever.

And thats fine, who cares? It doesn't make it bad. Its just we are the people who enjoy this subject (well the vast majority anyways) and that doesn't mean anything at all.

All valid points. I come from the mechanical keyboard community. So pretty stoked to see the LTT labs keyboard testing machine. Not setup yet. Its taking a long time. But again, as I am from the mech keys community, I am pretty patient. Yeah, LTTs recent uploads had been hectic, but I think I understand. It just takes time.

Yeah, Steve being an ethics guy part? Idk, doesn't look pretty ethical to me. Yeah you know, I have my reasons. 

6 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

No you just described it verbatim.  You know "do Job => get paid"   

Also, its  "I wrote neither review or paid..."  or "I didn't write review or paid...."  

"didn't write neither.. nor" is a double negative and is leaning vomit.

Toodles.

I descriped it so even simple people could understand it and oooh I made a little spelling booboo... sorry grand master of lameness... lets see how well you write my language then without using google translate...

5 hours ago, andreimj said:

You can google it instead of pointing out your lack of awareness

yes, thank you for the tangled web of words..... 

10 minutes ago, TechDeckCAD said:

You act like GN just made a video filled with ad homs, and nothing on clear, concise and logical points. Respecting the other person doesn't mean you allow them the opportunity to lie and gaslight (which LMG/LTT had already done, but as usual you choose you ignore that in favour of bashing what GN did). Pointing out errors that existed over multiple videos, and using information from LTT's own videos that conveyed employees weren't satisfied with quality of videos, is not "disrespect."

Firstly I don't act, secondly, I see something for what it is. I process it realistically and methodically. I recognize prejudice because life schooled me. Do not presume you know what I am thinking because you don't.

For a company to address another company with disdain is woefully unacceptable and unprofessional. In the real world where real decisions are made, you don't see preschool shenanigans. You see adults laying out the situation and addressing each of the problems by name. It is called dialogue for a reason. Once both parties agree on what the problems are solutions can be suggested. Those suggestions undergo changes until it is able to translate into a solution. Then those solutions are structured and planned for implementation. This takes time.

If you ever sat in a boardroom you would understand what is written here. This is not a movie, this is not a video game, this is real life. If you understand this, you will understand the reckless actions GN took to endanger the livelihoods of over 100 employees and the sustainability of the company. GN had no reason to do what they did unless they harbour prejudice. If it weren't the case GN would have been more forthcoming. 

Both Steve and Linus are stuck in a high school mentality. Both need to realize they have a responsibility towards their respective communities. Again I must reiterate I do not condone LMG's actions. But GN's actions seem more egregious to me because GN knew better, they had access to many people within LTT that they could have asked to respond.

Remember GN knew LTT was going to respond in a video at some stage. Anyone with half a brain cell knew that was going to happen. What did GN do? They preemptively said they will no longer respond. They are trying to control the narrative. If they are forthcoming why did they make those decisions ahead of time? For the good of the community? No, it is so that they can proclaim innocence and continue to control the narrative.

This is why I came here, registered an account and started to post here. GN is predatorial in nature. It is time to call them out as well. You call a duck a duck.

2 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

I descriped it so even simple people could understand it and oooh I made a little spelling booboo... sorry grand master of lameness... lets see how well you write my language then without using google translate...

So chat GPT is on the table...

1 minute ago, hmfaysal said:

All valid points. I come from the mechanical keyboard community. So pretty stoked to see the LTT labs keyboard testing machine. Not setup yet. Its taking a long time. But again, as I am from the mech keys community, I am pretty patient. Yeah, LTTs recent uploads had been hectic, but I think I understand. It just takes time.

Yeah, Steve being an ethics guy part? Idk, doesn't look pretty ethical to me. Yeah you know, I have my reasons. 

How much did your keyboard end up costing? I'm also passionate about mechanical keyboards, but I'm afraid to have another passion that sucks up my finances 😂. One last question, is it possible to build a mechanical keyboard that is water resistant?

It's also sad to see Linus making the same mistakes I personally did during similar scenarios...

Ya its effed up he felt he had to go after someone he has called friend many times. I guess after trying to get in contact and being ignored for so long and then watching other critiques get slapped down he finally felt that LMG had put the community in a corner that had no other way out.

I can't see any other realistic explanation. GN just finally had enough and thats all there is to it.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

1 minute ago, 3m3m said:

Firstly I don't act, secondly, I see something for what it is. I process it realistically and methodically. I recognize prejudice because life schooled me. Do not presume you know what I am thinking because you don't.

For a company to address another company with disdain is woefully unacceptable and unprofessional. In the real world where real decisions are made, you don't see preschool shenanigans. You see adults laying out the situation and addressing each of the problems by name. It is called dialogue for a reason. Once both parties agree on what the problems are solutions can be suggested. Those suggestions undergo changes until it is able to translate into a solution. Then those solutions are structured and planned for implementation. This takes time.

If you ever sat in a boardroom you would understand what is written here. This is not a movie, this is not a video game, this is real life. If you understand this, you will understand the reckless actions GN took to endanger the livelihoods of over 100 employees and the sustainability of the company. GN had no reason to do what they did unless they harbour prejudice. If it weren't the case GN would have been more forthcoming. 

Both Steve and Linus are stuck in a high school mentality. Both need to realize they have a responsibility towards their respective communities. Again I must reiterate I do not condone LMG's actions. But GN's actions seem more egregious to me because GN knew better, they had access to many people within LTT that they could have asked to respond.

Remember GN knew LTT was going to respond in a video at some stage. Anyone with half a brain cell knew that was going to happen. What did GN do? They preemptively said they will no longer respond. They are trying to control the narrative. If they are forthcoming why did they make those decisions ahead of time? For the good of the community? No, it is so that they can proclaim innocence and continue to control the narrative.

This is why I came here, registered an account and started to post here. GN is predatorial in nature. It is time to call them out as well. You call a duck a duck.

This, very well written. Hats off to you

2 minutes ago, andreimj said:

How much did your keyboard end up costing? I'm also passionate about mechanical keyboards, but I'm afraid to have another passion that sucks up my finances 😂. One last question, is it possible to build a mechanical keyboard that is water resistant?

Eh, never ask a man the cost of his keyboard, as I told my missus, I quote, 20 dollos, Water resistant? definitely possible, but nobody has done it, as far as I know the idea can be taken from one of those casio water resistant calculators. 

Why is LTT hasnt respond to the conflict of interest with their sponsors?  

2 minutes ago, smirb said:

It's also sad to see Linus making the same mistakes I personally did during similar scenarios...

Common thread is being human.

4 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

So chat GPT is on the table...

ah so you can't learn another language without cheating? how pathetic...

8 minutes ago, andreimj said:

Can you please explain what is the context of this? He called xQc for what? I tried reading in the subreddit but they're mostly people shitting on Linus

From what I understand, complaining about being cancelled or some stuff. Like xQc got in trouble with the whole gambling and Kick stuff to my knowledge (and the house on the wrist) and Linus seems to have said now its his turn in the spotlight 

4 minutes ago, smirb said:

Yeah man it sucks, I have also made the same mistakes Steve just made, in the olden days, out of stupid jealousy 

3 minutes ago, Cl0udK1ller said:

Why is LTT hasnt respond to the conflict of interest with their sponsors?  

they have oodles of times on their WAN show, go watch it

1 hour ago, hmfaysal said:

Well lets do one thing together, lets stop pretending.

We are here because of the drama. It doesn't really matter if a bunch of people make stupid mistakes. Well what do we say, we learn from our mistakes, we learn more if the mistakes are stupid. 

Great, with that aside, what do you think Steve is going to achieve from this in the near future? Couple million subs, 100 mill offer? Lets guess together, thats more fun

Ya because making stupid mistakes in regards to tech reviews and doubling down afterwards and saying you'll continue to make stupid mistakes if it saves you $500 isn't an issue. Am I doing it right?

2 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Ya its effed up he felt he had to go after someone he has called friend many times. I guess after trying to get in contact and being ignored for so long and then watching other critiques get slapped down he finally felt that LMG had put the community in a corner that had no other way out.

I can't see any other realistic explanation. GN just finally had enough and thats all there is to it.

Personally, I don't have a problem with Steve calling out Linus. It's always a great opportunity to grow. I do have a problem with how he did this, holding everyone to a higher standard when Steve is also human and he also makes mistakes and fixes errors in the pinned comments. I also have a problem that he engaged with the mob mentality in his second video after everyone was losing their minds in the shitstorm allover the platforms. Him not chosing to contact Linus before made him and his audience to not have the full picture. That's why people thought it was black and white and people forgetting that are nuances to everything he said. Not gonna lie, after watching Linus and Steve for over 10 years, I'm more dissapointed in Steve for not taking accountability

1 minute ago, Why_Me said:

Ya because making stupid mistakes in regards to tech reviews and doubling down afterwards and saying you'll continue to make stupid mistakes if it saves you $500 isn't an issue. Am I doing it right?

Yeah, don't you save money? No savings?

3 minutes ago, Anders155 said:

From what I understand, complaining about being cancelled or some stuff. Like xQc got in trouble with the whole gambling and Kick stuff to my knowledge (and the house on the wrist) and Linus seems to have said now its his turn in the spotlight 

I got that, but I thought there would be more to it. I can't wonder but why :))). Are they friends or something?, though I believe a friend would have not said that in his stream

Personally, I don't have a problem with Steve calling out Linus. It's always a great opportunity to grow. I do have a problem with how he did this, holding everyone to a higher standard when Steve is also human and he also makes mistakes and fixes errors in the pinned comments. I also have a problem that he engaged with the mob mentality in his second video after everyone was losing their minds in the shitstorm allover the platforms. Him not chosing to contact Linus before made him and his audience to not have the full picture. That's why people thought it was black and white and people forgetting that are nuances to everything he said. Not gonna lie, after watching Linus and Steve for over 10 years, I'm more dissapointed in Steve for not taking accountability

Which community? His community? I don't understand

Really want to know this. 

13 hours ago, andreimj said:

not his job to control a mindless throng of aggressors, not his job to privately phone Linus, especially not after he a while ago was told he would be treated like any other large corporation... he kept his word after Linus and Team trashed him and HUB... sucks for Linus that stuff he do has consequences

This I can somewhat agree with. But also just the fact of being ignored for over a year of trying to reach out... IDK man... I feel like there was genuinely no other way this could have fone down, no matter how much I wish there could have been another way...

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

4 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

yeah those $500 is well worth saving now won't you think? I'd hazard a guess that this cost them $500.000 so far... it could be a lot greater... And notice that his wife (Boss of Finances) said they don't need to save that when they need to do a proper job, but Linus was emotional and "stuff happened" and I am sure that in the future they won't try to save $1-500 on something silly, because losing half a million for saving 500 is kinda stoopid..

Which community? His community? I don't understand

Really want to know this. 

I believe his community and everyone that got it's information from him (only). Sorry, I could've been a little bit more precise when writing. I just came from work and i'm a bit tired :)))