Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

56 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

Yeah, this would be a cool data. Maybe Steve should do it, he is a news outlet and he looks like he is quite adept with Data

I had a very small modicum of time and was curious on this. I did a basic search of the last 23 videos (going back for the month) on the main LTT channel (excludes live streams) for specifically videos that had comments with corrections attached, since this was one of the core elements called out. There was 2. So an error rate of 8.70%

Not a realistically fair assessment, since some videos are vlogs to do with the server in Linus' house. Obviously if someone wants to do a deeper dive to more on this for more videos or even in-video corrections - go for it and maybe I'll do it myself one day. 

2 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

They should have planned better, knowing their cash strapped status. Well mistakes made, lessons learned. 

Lessons are usually exponentially expensive for smaller parties 

I'm baffled what you mean by 'should have planned better', if they send out a prototype to a large channel and they don't give it back and somehow, it's Billet Labs fault? If you lost a library book, is it the library's fault? 

1 minute ago, NullValid said:

I had a very small modicum of time and was curious on this. I did a basic search of the last 23 videos (going back for the month) on the main LTT channel (excludes live streams) for specifically videos that had comments with corrections attached, since this was one of the core elements called out. There was 2. So an error rate of 8.70%

Not a realistically fair assessment, since some videos are vlogs to do with the server in Linus' house. Obviously if someone wants to do a deeper dive to more on this for more videos or even in-video corrections - go for it and maybe I'll do it myself one day. 

Really appreciate it. This is cool. Now we are starting to have some outlook on the issue. Thanks man

1 minute ago, Godiwa said:

really? they made a deal... LMG makes a video/review about the product and if they do they could keep it...

they totally butch it and pee on the product for no reason because they are imbecils using wrong gpu and then trash talk it... so they broke the agreement... of course they ask for it back... which LMG agreed to... and then poof sold it... oh wait "auctioned it"...

"do job => get paid"
"break deal => no pay"

Use words => be understood

Word vomit => understanded be not

Also your entire basis of understanding way off.  This was a REVIEW not a PAID Sponsorship.  One is specifically not paid nor should be influe3nced by the mfg, the other is a paid segment that mfg has input on.. you know cause they paid for it....

Even disregarding your complete lack of understanding of things, Based on your logic, LMG did satisfy "the deal".  BL offered the device for review with LMG free to keep it.  LMG did the review, and no messaging I have seen demonstrates that they agreed to do a well done review, just a review so yeah, its LMG to keep, by your logic. 

Did LMG agree to BL change of terms after the review, yes they did. 

Did they then screw up and sell it.  Yes they did. 

Was it stupid, yes, very much so. 

Malicious not so much.

So your whole do job/break deal nonsense above is just that nonsense.

1 minute ago, Taylor Ford said:

I'm baffled what you mean by 'should have planned better', if they send out a prototype to a large channel and they don't give it back and somehow, it's Billet Labs fault? If you lost a library book, is it the library's fault? 

No no, they lack planning, understandable for their size. First agreement was never to give it back, 2nd agreement was give it back. See lack of planning and I will also add lack of emotional restraint. Also lack of focus.

2 minutes ago, Taylor Ford said:

If the library initially said you could keep it and then asked for it back because you didnt like it (even if you read it backwards and upsidedown)....  Doesn't the library have a little responsibility for the loss of the book.  Also is the library REALLY that harmed if they initially planned on giving it away?

Just now, eece_ret said:

If the library initially said you could keep it and then asked for it back because you didnt like it (even if you read it backwards and upsidedown)....  Doesn't the library have a little responsibility for the loss of the book.  Also is the library REALLY that harmed if they initially planned on giving it away?

Very poor choice of example, but I will play. If Library said, you can keep the book, you really can. You can do whatever with it, burn it even. Happens more often than not. 

Libraries are part of greater academia, even public ones, they usually know the depth of a deal. Well they have books for it on their shelves. 

3 minutes ago, Fufia said:

wait a moment. everyone here who continues to send shit to billet labs and their monoblock they mean that Linus was not honest in the apologies and when he admitted to having done a bad job in reviewing the product.

because that's exactly what you guys are implying

You gotta love it when ppl are so dedicated to defending their thing that they don't even realize what they're really doing😅 

As I was saying, we should support billet labs by preordering their monoblock. Everyone seems to not see my comment. 

I am being ignored just like billet labs request to return was ignored by LTT/LMG

8 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

8 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

No no, they lack planning, understandable for their size. First agreement was never to give it back, 2nd agreement was give it back. See lack of planning and I will also add lack of emotional restraint. Also lack of focus.

To my understanding of the Billet Labs situation, they've asked for their block back since June, after LTT finished the vid. LTT kept saying they'll send it back and they didn't...until August, LTT then informed Billet Labs they've auctioned off the block. At that point, Billet Labs assumed it to be a lost cause and asked for compensation, which has been the same ever since. The first agreement had always been asking the block back, up until the auction. 

Edited by Taylor Ford
error correction

7 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

Use words => be understood

Word vomit => understanded be not

Also your entire basis of understanding way off.  This was a REVIEW not a PAID Sponsorship.  One is specifically not paid nor should be influe3nced by the mfg, the other is a paid segment that mfg has input on.. you know cause they paid for it....

Even disregarding your complete lack of understanding of things, Based on your logic, LMG did satisfy "the deal".  BL offered the device for review with LMG free to keep it.  LMG did the review, and no messaging I have seen demonstrates that they agreed to do a well done review, just a review so yeah, its LMG to keep, by your logic. 

Did LMG agree to BL change of terms after the review, yes they did. 

Did they then screw up and sell it.  Yes they did. 

Was it stupid, yes, very much so. 

Malicious not so much.

So your whole do job/break deal nonsense above is just that nonsense.

I didn't write neither review nor paid sponsorship...
but if you knew anything about reviews, you often get to keep the product if you do the review... but botch it like they did and they didn't keep their end of the deal...

so keep your wall of word vomit to yourself with all your nonsense...

8 minutes ago, Taylor Ford said:

you've made an account and your information was collected onli from GN. Good job, buddy! On this forum, if you would've made the effort, it's stated a couple dozen of times that Billet told LTT that they can keep the cooler. With low effort people like you it's getting reaaaaaaly boring.....

2 minutes ago, Taylor Ford said:

To my understanding of the Billet Labs situation, they've asked for their block back since June, after LTT finished the vid. LTT kept saying they'll send it back and they didn't...until August, LTT then informed Billet Labs they've auctioned off the block. At that point, Billet Labs assumed it to be a lost cause and asked for compensation, which has been the same ever since. The first agreement had always been asking the block back, up until the auction. 

No no no, still not the first, for your sake lets call it first and the half agreement. 

Just now, andreimj said:

you've made an account and your information was collected onli from GN. Good job, buddy! On this forum, if you would've made the effort, it's stated a couple dozen of times that Billet told LTT that they can keep the cooler. With low effort people like you it's getting reaaaaaaly boring.....

English is my second language, and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed and information overload at the moment. Good job for letting me feel welcomed by the way. 

Just now, Taylor Ford said:

English is my second language, and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed and information overload at the moment. Good job for letting me feel welcomed by the way. 

English is the second language for many people, including me. But you can't come and spread misinformation at this point. English being your second language is not an excuse for not being informed. If you don't know, don't comment...it's that simple

Time for Linus to get a reality check. His bad behavior has to be called out.

I find it funny that Linus having a hard time someone attacking him, for his life work, when he just made a huge insult to a small startup.

9 minutes ago, Taylor Ford said:

To my understanding of the Billet Labs situation, they've asked for their block back since June, after LTT finished the vid. LTT kept saying they'll send it back and they didn't...until late August, LTT then informed Billet Labs they've auctioned off the block. At that point, Billet Labs assumed it to be a lost cause and asked for compensation, which has been the same ever since. The first agreement had always been asking the block back, up until the auction. 

"until late August"...  We are barely 1/2 way through August.  SO LMG hasn't told them yet?

8 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

I didn't write neither review nor paid sponsorship...
but if you knew anything about reviews, you often get to keep the product if you do the review... but botch it like they did and they didn't keep their end of the deal...

so keep your wall of word vomit to yourself with all your nonsense...

No you just described it verbatim.  You know "do Job => get paid"   

Also, its  "I wrote neither review or paid..."  or "I didn't write review or paid...."  

"didn't write neither.. nor" is a double negative and is leaning vomit.

Toodles.

I wonder how true this is? 

It'd be quite.. the irony if he actually called XQC.

5 minutes ago, andreimj said:

English is the second language for many people, including me. But you can't come and spread misinformation at this point. English being your second language is not an excuse for not being informed. If you don't know, don't comment...it's that simple

I don't recall talking to you until you barged in and called me an alt account and spread misinformation, and being very sarcastic and condescending in general. I've put you on my ignore list now, fyi. Have a good one. 

7 minutes ago, Fufia said:

that's just because you're sounding too sarcastic

JayzTwoCents already asked for billet labs contact saying he loved to review their products. I wait for his opinion before making any decisions

That would be cool. I like Jayz, but I fear he would be restrained in his comments.

1 minute ago, hmfaysal said:

Well, but he made a direct hit on LMG. Cool, I like your point.

Ya, he made a direct hit on LMG because LMG is currently damaging the community.

He even expressed in the beginning of the very first video that he is uncomfortable with the situation and he really does not want to have to do this. You did watch it, didn't you?

Steve is a 100% factual and ethics guy first. You would understand that if you have watched him and his content for as long as I have. Ive been watching LMG, GN, and JaysTwoCents for over a decade. Hardware Unboxed is the newer channel for me. Steve and Linus are so completely opposite people that comparing them is like trying to divide by the number 0 and then the world implodes lol.

Steve really was excited for his bud Linus when Linus first announced labs. You should have seen that video he was genuinely stoked on the idea of the biggest tech tuber having access to real, genuine, accurate data.

And to you guys who believe LMG deserves an easier time because they are more Entertainment-focused? You couldn't be more wrong. Do any of you even remember the early days of LMG? Do you guys even remember the original reason the channel was founded? Its in the title guys - LINUS TECH TIPS - He has always wanted to provide useful consumer advice to his audience first and foremost. Otherwise it never would have existed to begin with.

Even if it is meant to be more entertaining than other options, 75%+ of this entire company is still reviewing tech products in different tech categories and telling consumers whether or not they should buy it.

And what has LMG been failing at lately? Oh, right - providing helpful consumer advice on tech products. Literally the main and fundamental idea behind LMG is what they have been doing wrong.

As for the Madison allegations - unfortunately none of us will ever know. Its a quite serious subject and information on the matter will only be shared with those who need to know. But you need to remember that many people make baseless allegations against big companies and celebrities all the time to try and get money of them.

How many women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against rock stars this year alone? You realize in 99% of those situations that woman wanted it and asked for it, and then turn arounds and claims sexual assault later. We aren't stupid, we know better.

Just like how gashing your own leg open to avoid going to work is completely bulls*** and anyone who believes that needs to go back to school immediately. Wanna know why its BS? Because there are other jobs in the world, nobody is forced to work anywhere. If you don't like where you work, try... IDK... MAYBE FIND A NEW JOB YOU MORON!

And then there was someone talking about Transgenders for some reason??? What? I mean diversity is important in any workplace but like what the hell does that have to do with inaccurate testing the whole billet labs thing? Also, diversity in this business? Ur joking right? This is nerd territory. Nerds are like literally 80% white bearded dudes. Theres nothing wrong with that - I am one too. You can't force diversity when others just aren't interested.

You know how many women Ive met in my lifetime who know a single thing about PC Hardware? One, literally one. There may be some and I may not be lucky but I actively seek out nerdy female friends and nerdy potential dates and literally find none whatsoever.

And thats fine, who cares? It doesn't make it bad. Its just we are the people who enjoy this subject (well the vast majority anyways) and that doesn't mean anything at all.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

4 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

Thank you, appreciated. Still learning my way around. 

9 minutes ago, Taylor Ford said:

Hey brother, you are welcome anyways. Let the storm pass, people are generally really helpful here. 

3 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Ya, he made a direct hit on LMG because LMG is currently damaging the community.

He even expressed in the beginning of the very first video that he is uncomfortable with the situation and he really does not want to have to do this. You did watch it, didn't you?

Steve is a 100% factual and ethics guy first. You would understand that if you have watched him and his content for as long as I have. Ive been watching LMG, GN, and JaysTwoCents for over a decade. Hardware Unboxed is the newer channel for me. Steve and Linus are so completely opposite people that comparing them is like trying to divide by the number 0 and then the world implodes lol.

Steve really was excited for his bud Linus when Linus first announced labs. You should have seen that video he was genuinely stoked on the idea of the biggest tech tuber having access to real, genuine, accurate data.

And to you guys who believe LMG deserves an easier time because they are more Entertainment-focused? You couldn't be more wrong. Do any of you even remember the early days of LMG? Do you guys even remember the original reason the channel was founded? Its in the title guys - LINUS TECH TIPS - He has always wanted to provide useful consumer advice to his audience first and foremost. Otherwise it never would have existed to begin with.

Even if it is meant to be more entertaining than other options, 75%+ of this entire company is still reviewing tech products in different tech categories and telling consumers whether or not they should buy it.

And what has LMG been failing at lately? Oh, right - providing helpful consumer advice on tech products. Literally the main and fundamental idea behind LMG is what they have been doing wrong.

As for the Madison allegations - unfortunately none of us will ever know. Its a quite serious subject and information on the matter will only be shared with those who need to know. But you need to remember that many people make baseless allegations against big companies and celebrities all the time to try and get money of them.

How many women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against rock stars this year alone? You realize in 99% of those situations that woman wanted it and asked for it, and then turn arounds and claims sexual assault later. We aren't stupid, we know better.

Just like how gashing your own leg open to avoid going to work is completely bulls*** and anyone who believes that needs to go back to school immediately. Wanna know why its BS? Because there are other jobs in the world, nobody is forced to work anywhere. If you don't like where you work, try... IDK... MAYBE FIND A NEW JOB YOU MORON!

And then there was someone talking about Transgenders for some reason??? What? I mean diversity is important in any workplace but like what the hell does that have to do with inaccurate testing the whole billet labs thing? Also, diversity in this business? Ur joking right? This is nerd territory. Nerds are like literally 80% white bearded dudes. Theres nothing wrong with that - I am one too. You can't force diversity when others just aren't interested.

You know how many women Ive met in my lifetime who know a single thing about PC Hardware? One, literally one. There may be some and I may not be lucky but I actively seek out nerdy female friends and nerdy potential dates and literally find none whatsoever.

And thats fine, who cares? It doesn't make it bad. Its just we are the people who enjoy this subject (well the vast majority anyways) and that doesn't mean anything at all.

reactions on Twitter: "yosemite sam steam coming out of ears ...

6 minutes ago, Anders155 said:

I wonder how true this is? 

It'd be quite.. the irony if he actually called XQC.

Can you please explain what is the context of this? He called xQc for what? I tried reading in the subreddit but they're mostly people shitting on Linus