Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

6 hours ago, Razercake said:

oh lol, that is my reply, I don't fully recall the context. must be warranty related but I'd wager if you go to the WAN show from that week, you can find the topic. looking at my comment should be pretty easy to figure out what part of the WAN show OP was referencing specifically. 

Found it! Yeah it's nothing. Still, it's a funny coincidence that the original video from GN came out, to a DAY, year after Linus talks about him.Screenshot_20230817_153317_Firefox.thumb.jpg.798ab150cdf64577634f0bce92ba5b65.jpg

Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

11 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

No, it isn't. And really, it's the 'same community' like minivan drivers and sports car drivers are in the same community; One has purchased a vehicle because it's practical, the other is trying to have fun. Fun is more palatable to more people than minutiae, it's that simple. There are going to be plenty of LLT viewers that are not at all entertained by GN's content, because those people are looking for energetic and fun content, not just bars and numbers on a graph.

Yes, I know, I was talking about the other way around like this entire time. You missed some of the conversation but I can't blame you on that. This thread turns a page in like 5 mins lol.

I was talking about how the vast majority of GN viewers also watch Linus, not that most of Linus viewers watch GN because well, thats not possible - 2 vs 15 million subs lol.

Which is true. How many viewers can GN possibly have that don't at least ocassionally catch a Linus video here and there? Lets be realistic now.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

4 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

I was talking about how the vast majority of GN viewers also watch Linus, not that most of Linus viewers watch GN because well, thats not possible - 2 vs 15 million subs lol.

Yes it is possible... varying from channel to channel it ranges from 60-90% that isn't subbed but still view 😉

his LTT video 4,03 million views.... subs 2,03.... that is 2 million more views than subs... and I doubt 100% of his subs watched that video... a wild guess maybe 50% so that leaves 3 million "strangers" that aren't subbed

1 hour ago, Fufia said:

wait a moment. everyone here who continues to send shit to billet labs and their monoblock they mean that Linus was not honest in the apologies and when he admitted to having done a bad job in reviewing the product.

because that's exactly what you guys are implying

You gotta love it when ppl are so dedicated to defending their thing that they don't even realize what they're really doing😅 

You are aware that both sides could have made mistakes, yes? That there was bad planning on both sides? No? Sad.

5 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

Yes it is possible... varying from channel to channel it ranges from 60-90% that isn't subbed but still view 😉

his LTT video 4,03 million views.... subs 2,03.... that is 2 million more views than subs... and I doubt 100% of his subs watched that video... a wild guess maybe 50% so that leaves 3 million "strangers" that aren't subbed

9 minutes ago, Avant of Eredon said:

Found it! Yeah it's nothing. Still, it's a funny coincidence that the original video from GN came out, to a DAY, year after Linus talks about him.Screenshot_20230817_153317_Firefox.thumb.jpg.798ab150cdf64577634f0bce92ba5b65.jpg

I don't know dude, I wan't to believe that the assumption is not true. I still respect both of these guys and I want to believe that none of them want to distroy eachother's career. There is plenty space for the both of them

46 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

I mean a HUGE percentage of those who watch Steve also watch Linus.

Where do you get this knowledge from? Common sense? Youtube stats? Please entertain.

The reason Steve has so many less subscribers is simple: Too complex and not enough entertainment for the average consumer just getting interested in tech or just trying to build a PC good enough to game or stream and otherwise has no idea what these parts even are or what they do.

So Steve is more an elite thing and this is why his numbers are smaller, right? That's your logic?

Another logic would be that just fewer people are interested in the content GN provides. Because they don't require the testing for whatever reason. They don't try to squeeze the max value out of their bucks. They have better sources of information (yep, those do exist). We will never know. You're guess is as good as mine, right?

Basically, LMG is level 1 tech but sometimes they do some level 2 or 3 stuff for fun.

Wow. This is getting better sentence by sentence. I was not aware of a tech-level grading. I do malware reverse engineering, what tech level am I?

Hardware Unboxed and JaysTwoCents are primarily level 2 tech channels. Steve has always been and will always be primarily a level 3 tech channel - for those who truly understand more in-depth details about how PCs operate and truly want the most in-depth details.

By what logic? Because they put together fancier systems?

Dude, you're just making stuff up because it fits your personal narrative. You know that tech youtube-channels barely scratch the surface of tech, right? Especially the ones focusing on benchmarking. Your scale ends at three; in reality the scale ends at 100, but still your positioning of those channels would be correct.

1 minute ago, BigFatTeddy said:

Where do you get this knowledge from? Common sense? Youtube stats? Please entertain.

So Steve is more an elite thing and this is why his numbers are smaller, right? That's your logic?

Another logic would be that just fewer people are interested in the content GN provides. Because they don't require the testing for whatever reason. They don't try to squeeze the max value out of their bucks. They have better sources of information (yep, those do exist). We will never know. You're guess is as good as mine, right?

Wow. This is getting better sentence by sentence. I was not aware of a tech-level grading. I do malware reverse engineering, what tech level am I?

Dude, you're just making stuff up because it fits your personal narrative. You know that tech youtube-channels barely scratch the surface of tech, right? Especially the ones focusing on benchmarking. Your scale ends at three; in reality the scale ends at 100, but still your positioning of those channels would be correct.

what? you my dude make no sense at all. yes there are levels for every hobby ...

2 minutes ago, BigFatTeddy said:

What techlevel are any of us.... Lets count!

Just now, Exty said:

what? you my dude make no sense at all. yes there are levels for every hobby ...

You're living in a very special bubble, dude.

11 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

That is the point, most of the views were from LTT subs, thats my wild guess. His average view rate is around 200k, highest ones are in the 400k region. Thats it, thats his reach. So no way in hell, 50% of his subs viewed this video. It just cannot happen. 

Also given the fact that a significant view comes from unsubbed viewers in every channel, I reckon even 10% of his own subs watches his videos. Good performance. Great day job

You're living in a very special bubble, dude.

its called how in depth it goes ... linus is a tech niche. then jay and what not is a niche of a niche and GN goes even more in depth. so a niche of a niche of a niche 

4 minutes ago, Exty said:

WTF? Computers are tools, necessary stuff

Just now, eece_ret said:

Dude but for reals, they even have a governing body to ensure proper leveling.

Homepage.... ->

http://efsmi.org/index.php

This I found really amusing, hats off to you sir

1. not unusual that the more advanced stuff gets = the fewer people watch it, GN is on a higher level that LTT (indepth tech vs. entertainment)
2. there is actually tech level grading... it's used in IT support, 3rd level support = the lowest... coolies sitting on the phone, can solve all the simple issues "reinstall windows, restart your router" kinda stuff... 2nd level support is more advanced and for the rare cases with hyper specialized problems you have 1st level support which are experts in the field 
3. you wouldn't be a tech... 😉 you'd be a coder then I'd guess for the malware stuff
4. no he didn't make stuff up... he did swap it around though... and LTT would be a 3rd level at best and GN would be a 2nd level, which sometimes get 1st level outsiders to add more (Wendell, and forgot his name the actual hardware overclocked or whatever channel is called) they are the hardcore dudes

1 minute ago, Exty said:

its called how indebt it goes ... linus is a tech niche. then jay and what not is a niche of a niche and GN goes even more in depth. so a niche of a niche of a niche 

Give me some of what you're smoking cuz it must be great. LTT is a niche 🤣

Just now, BigFatTeddy said:

Dude, people literally just looked it up on YouTube Analytics or whatever and we all agree at this point - most of GNs viewers catch at least an occasional LTT video. You can stop freaking out for no reason now 🤣.

Ya, I literally said in another comment that I made the levels up on the spot as an example. Hardware Unboxed and JaysTwoCents both go a bit deeper into PC hardware itself than LMG does because LMG is more broad and entertaining, and then GN goes even further into detail those two.

Ya I never said tech tubers were like the most advanced thing ever - that would be people who work at FABs, who actually produce the Transistors that on a fundamental level - drive all of our PC hardware.

Im not gonna explain every little detail to every single person. You gotta learn to read the room and read between the lines man. Nobody is going to sit there and explain every single little facet and detail every single time.

Well maybe Steve would... Hes that kind of guy and he repeats himself alot... Lol 😂

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

1 minute ago, eece_ret said:

Dude but for reals, they even have a governing body to ensure proper leveling.

Homepage.... ->

http://efsmi.org/index.php

Sorry but our governing body is Steve now

Just now, andreimj said:

Give me some of what you're smoking cuz it must be great. LTT is a niche 🤣

well yes ... that is how it works.

niche - a specialized segment of the market for a particular kind of product or service. tech being the niche 

2 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

This I found really amusing, hats off to you sir

Teh leveling ceremony is nutty.

17 minutes ago, Fufia said:

Steve is not trying to communicate with anyone.

That is the best summary so far.

in my opinion you guys trying to make excuses because he criticizing Linus

*sigh* Linus fucks up. Cool. But that doesn't make Steve's thing a good thing, dude. The world is a more complex place and just assuming that GN is heaven is very very naive. Obviously Steve has a plan for his channel and a strategy to achieve this plan. Why wouldn't he. He's a successful youtuber. But that doesn't make his actions in my book less... unelegant?

for those who watch GN I guess this wasn't a big surprise.

It wasn't a surprise to anybody who has his or her senses together.

he has done the same to other companies and it was evident that he didn't agree with certain things that LTT was doing. the most evident the backpack case and him saying he was going to start treating Linus like a big company because that's what LTT is. it was only a matter of time before this happened (nothing really surprising about it)

That's so funny. LMG is not a big company. Just because he got an offer for 100 Mill. doesn't make this a big company. Steve's scale is completely misaligned here. LMG is a big competition to him, but that's all there is to it.

about the tribes as you guys call. from what I've seen in the comments on GN videos you have all kinds of people. ppl who hate LTT ppl who dont care about LTT ppl who like both

I'm just here for the fun. And because major media outlets have picked up on this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Dude, people literally just looked it up on YouTube Analytics or whatever and we all agree at this point - most of GNs viewers catch at least an occasional LTT video. You can stop freaking out for no reason now 🤣.

Ya, I literally said in another comment that I made the levels up on the spot as an example. Hardware Unboxed and JaysTwoCents both go a bit deeper into PC hardware itself than LMG does because LMG is more broad and entertaining, and then GN goes even further into detail those two.

Ya I never said tech tubers were like the most advanced thing ever - that would be people who work at FABs, who actually produce the Transistors that on a fundamental level - drive all of our PC hardware.

Im not gonna explain every little detail to every single person. You gotta learn to read the room and read between the lines man. Nobody is going to sit there and explain every single little facet and detail every single time.

Well maybe Steve would... Hes that kind of guy and he repeats himself alot... Lol 😂

What an amazing take. I'm laughing my ass off 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

So considering all of these bozos use windows, that means Level1Techs is at least a level 4 tech.

6 minutes ago, Exty said:

its called how indebt it goes ... linus is a tech niche. then jay and what not is a niche of a niche and GN goes even more in depth. so a niche of a niche of a niche 

And those boundaries are defined by... you? Dude, this is just made up shit. None of these channels goes into the weeds of tech, it's just consumer-babble about pseudo-fancy shit. Trying to grade this is... infantile.