Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

Linus has been a tech icon for years. I am a 9 year boxer and got my A+ and went to sfu cause of him. My first projects was to hack yourself. It was a joke, but I hacked my mom cause I knew she would like it. I am still mad I went, I fight for fun, not for cattle. I hack for anon and only 5 of you know. Well only 4 maybe 5. I commanded an intire fire storm from the heavens. I can only do one thing and the falme is set, no joke these are the rules of a god and I am not one, I need 45 mins and blood. If not that then I just have to take over and There is a difference between legit hackers posing as 3 to 4 different people who never were alive and maybe I feel bad today and, that is a bouncing hack, it will take a few months to get to you, but it will.  

11 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

Even if I were to take your assertion as true instead of being rather blind to the reality of their track records, it's still the case that past results are never a guarantee of future performance in any human endeavor.

Oversight is a thing. It's essential. You don't assume that because someone has historically been a good performer that you can blindly trust they will always do so going forward. A manager who isn't diligent about ensuring his initial assumptions were accurate is a lazy manager and the ultimate source of any problems that arise from such a lack of oversight. People under you can make mistakes and that's okay, but if you're not paying attention to catch the mistakes, your org is fundamentally flawed by your laziness.

And yes, before you ask or insinuate otherwise, I have managed people. I've managed people doing mission-critical work, and it was always a heavy weight on my mind that if they didn't perform, my own manager would be catching hell for not making sure *I* was diligent with overseeing their work. Management is NOT a fire-and-forget occupation.

If what you say is true about your experience then you have either never managed at scale or bias may be clouding your judgement.

When managing multiple people with numerous activities throughout the day, you cannot check in on every task, you have your own work to get on with.   Moreover, you need an environment of trust.  

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

2 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

And why wouldn't it? There are 8 billion people on this planet and many of them are not worth sympathy. Why would I care? 

Its generally good to care about other people. I'll leave it there, because its clearly not getting through.

1 minute ago, ScoggsUK said:

Its generally good to care about other people. I'll leave it there, because its clearly not getting through.

Good people, not bad people. You don't leave a space for weeds when you tend a garden.

1 minute ago, mikaelus said:

Good people, not bad people. You don't leave a space for weeds when you tend a garden.

So you are attributing a view that Linus is 'bad people'?

Side note, why are you here then?

21 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

So you agree with me. 

No

Gamers Nexus made a 44 minute and 12 minute video on how linus was incompetent, misleading, unethical, irresponsible, unhinged and weird to an audience of miliions of people. 

correct, and all of it was accurate

Jeremy Kyle and Jerry Springer do the same with their guests, point out wrong doing and mishandling of situations. 

You have not seen either show. They bring out the worst people, the dumbest people, and more, and have them fight on camera, more outlandish = better. It is is no way comparable to calling someone out for shitty behaviour.

You can't argue in a constructive manner and resort to mockery. 

I can and I will, you silly goose.

13 minutes ago, Texbobcat said:

If you googled for even a minute you would find articles about the guy and if you looked in his comment section you would see the ltt shills bashing and destroying his videos.

you still can't blame Linus for what a brigade of morons do... he was fine with the kiddo keeping it in the auction video.. AND he was still fine with the kiddo keeping it in the WAN show clip... can't blame a person for what others do...

4 minutes ago, Texbobcat said:

Linus is active on the forums at 2am Vancouver it must be going pretty insane over there rn

You think it has anything to do with these threads? Surely not??

34 minutes ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

If what you say is true about your experience then you have either never managed at scale or bias may be clouding your judgement.

When managing multiple people with numerous activities throughout the day, you cannot check in on every task, you have your own work to get on with.   Moreover, you need an environment of trust.  

If you're managing at scale and think you have work to do that comes before making sure your direct reports are doing their jobs properly, you are a flaw in your org.

I've worked in orgs with 20 people, 500 people, and 100k+ people, at differing levels of seniority and/or management. I know painfully well what good and bad managers do. An absentee manager is a nightmare for their team and for the person managing the manager. A manager's life should be attending their reports' meetings on a regular basis, doing one-on-one check-ins, being involved in meetings and check-ins at their own level, and _then_ the remainder is doing stuff like planning, collab, external contacts, etc. Not necessarily all of their reports' meetings, btw, but e sufficient and random sampling of them so as to have a finger on the pulse of the people down the ladder and a view to see that those people also have fingers similarly placed if they manage people farther down.

I was watching almost every single LMG video since Langley House. At least two LMG videos affected me personally in the recent months:

• The incorrect Cyberpunk 2077 graph on RTX 4090 almost made me pull the trigger on the card, until I watched some other reviews.
  • The Pwnage Stormbreaker mouse gliding issue - I was looking for new mouse and immediately disregarded the Pwnage Stormbreaker after seeing the review.

Your videos have power to affect user decisions. You cannot afford to make mistakes.

Additionally, mishandling of expensive PC components triggers me so much. Also the attitude towards liquid cooling equipment. I own a high-end liquid cooled PC that I build, with borosilicate glass tubes and custom cables I made myself. It cost ma a lot of work and money. Seeing similar equipment treated as junk and thrown around is just painful. If I wanted to see monkeys I would go to the zoo.

Not to mention the integrity problems and rushed videos. With each video and error I'm less and less interested. I do not see proper reviews anymore. It's more like unboxings combined with ads.

Maybe LMG is no longer for me. I don't know. Until this is properly addressed and handled I decided to unsubscribe from all LMG channels and mark them as "do not recommend" on YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Texbobcat said:

Linus is active on the forums at 2am Vancouver it must be going pretty insane over there rn

he's just made a post linking to a response video, it's currently private though

1 hour ago, aaradorn said:

Why would you attack GN? 

He's tech Jesus because of the looks and all the technical details he adds to his video, the detail is autistic sometimes and I love it.

He critized LTT because they made a lot of mistakes, he wants them to do better, at no point did he "attack" LTT. Criticizing someone is not the same as attacking.

as many have shown, tech Jesus made mistakes and he never owned up to it.

tech Jesus used crafty condescending language that is too personal, petty and editorialized

tech Jesus can always take the high ethical ground (for real) and communicate with Linus first.

LMG has been around for ages, if their ways were scummy (as implied by tjesus), they would have folded

let see what this witch hunt hate hunt has created? if you notice, Steve specifically Cherry picked out things that aren't necessarily false but omitting the fact that Linus is almost too transparent to a fault sometimes. And a lot of these concerns have actually been addressed consistently on the WAN show. So it's very easy to dogpile and to accumulate things that you want to curate yourself. 

moving the industry or hate mobbing your potential new rival?

1 hour ago, adarw said:

nah bro, gambling man should look at himself first. 

But dont you think the points he made are valid at least?

Just now, aminit said:

But dont you think the points he made are valid at least?

didnt watch it, dont care enough. Linus sucks, XQC sucks 

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

didnt watch it, dont care enough. Linus sucks, XQC sucks 

Alright, you dont know what you are missing though

The short circuit mouse and the billet labs issues are pretty bad.

But I feel like this was done without tact where it seems due.

I don't think it's fair call LTT "a $100m company," based on single offer and use that as a reason to expect no errors.

Steve's video is valid, but it doesn't seem professional to launch a hit piece on someone in the same niche space without prior warning.

Bit of a sucker punch really.

6 minutes ago, perryckd said:

tech Jesus used crafty condescending language that is too personal, petty and editorialized

tech Jesus can always take the high ethical ground (for real) and communicate with Linus first.

LMG has been around for ages, if their ways were scummy (as implied by tjesus), they would have folded

let see what this witch hunt hate hunt has created? if you notice, Steve specifically Cherry picked out things that aren't necessarily false but omitting the fact that Linus is almost too transparent to a fault sometimes. And a lot of these concerns have actually been addressed consistently on the WAN show. So it's very easy to dogpile and to accumulate things that you want to curate yourself. 

in his defense, tech jesus does all that to any scammy corporation. But he is fair, if they turn their shit around he is willing to listen to them fairly and give them a 2nd change. Just never, NEVER, double down on stupid with him.

6 minutes ago, perryckd said:

let see what this witch hunt hate hunt has created? if you notice, Steve specifically Cherry picked out things that aren't necessarily false but omitting the fact that Linus is almost too transparent to a fault sometimes.

They were false and inaccurate. They literally posted the wrong charts and destroyed a small company because they couldn't be bothered to test the cooler with the correct GPU (which they send together with the cooler)

8 minutes ago, perryckd said:

Not needed, that's a courtesy, LMG is a company, not a person.

9 minutes ago, perryckd said:

Interested in some examples, please show me some.

5 minutes ago, StarsMars said:

Steve's video is valid, but it doesn't seem professional to launch a hit piece on a peer in the niche space without prior warning.

I think a lot of people, GN included, would argue that LMG and GN are no longer ‘peers‘ given the sheer size of LMG’s operation.

12 minutes ago, perryckd said:

As many have shown? Gaslight much? Another linus burner acct maybe?
You need to get the facts of this story straight, because it shows how ignorant and arrogant you are in this scenario.

LTT/LMG took the first shot at HUB and GN. Steve responded in kind, this is called turnabout, and its fair play.

Second, immortalizing someone by using a deity reference is just plain dumb. His name is Steve. GN has ALSO been around for ages, and this isnt the first scummy thing LTT/LMG or Linus specifically has done. 'trust me bro'

The only one 'dogpiling' is you. By adding unwanted, unwarranted, and most importantly unnecessary text to a conversation your ill equipped to be having. 

You are the very thing wrong with this community, and the tech and youtube communities at large.

1 minute ago, H0NEYL00PS said:

I think a lot of people, GN included, would argue that LMG and GN are no longer ‘peers‘ given the sheer size of LMG’s operation.

they can still be friends (unless Linus is angry because of the truth) but he was told that he(well LMG not him personally) will be treated like the huge company it is

11 minutes ago, H0NEYL00PS said:

Edited to "a hit piece on someone in the same niche space."

13 minutes ago, H0NEYL00PS said:

GN hasn't even argued it. They've flat out stated it.

A year ago they explicitly stated that LTT/LMG wasn't getting any free passes going forward just because they have historically been pals.

Skip to 1:11 for the statement.

On 8/15/2023 at 7:25 AM, LinusTech said:

To Steve, I expressed my disappointment that he didn't go through proper journalistic practices in creating this piece.

Hi Pot, I am Kettle.  You have missed the entire point of the video Steve was making in that your company didn't do "proper journalistic practices" which lead to publishing false and misleading data.