Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

There's a separate thread dedicated to this video, but I figured I'd link it here in case anyone missed it. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

I suspect that LTT did the right thing and was in the process of doing the right thing even with the auction situation. I suspect that it had to go through the proper channels this takes time in any company big or small. I also suspect that GN did provide samples of where there were problems. But he didn't address how many accurate videos there are VS inaccurate videos and made it seem like all of the vidoes are bad.

If this turns out to be true then GN is finished. I think Steve was angry at Linus and or the employee on the video. I think he really did want things to go badly. If this is true I feel very very sorry for him because regardless of what we think or say. IF Linus have proof that GN handpicked instances then a court case will be needed and I suspect GN might actually lose.

It now comes down to what evidence LTT has to offer.

Just finished watching the video on floatplane. It seems good, and I'm happy to hear they will take a break from making vids to rework the internal processes though. Wasn't a fan of Terren's "mistakes will happen, we are human." But overall I hope things will change for the better.

"One must imagine Linus happy."

2 minutes ago, 3m3m said:

If this turns out to be true then GN is finished. I think Steve was angry at Linus and or the employee on the video. I think he really did want things to go badly. If this is true I feel very very sorry for him because regardless of what we think or say. IF Linus have proof that GN handpicked instances then a court case will be needed and I suspect GN might actually lose.

What kind of crack are you smoking and can I have some?

Steve wasn't angry, he pointed out factual errors and explained that people rely on these charts to buy new tech, so they should be accurate, if a GPU has a 300% increase in power over the previous generation and someone buys that card seeing nowhere near that increase they will feel lied to by LTT.

It doesn't matter how many accurate videos someone produces, if you produce inaccurate videos and present those as fact it's still wrong. Stop shilling for LTT, they can handle it themselves.

Just in case peoples don't know yet due to being fixated in 1 thread 😛

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

17 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

Why are people so quick to believe Steve and not Linus? Steve said this is what the Billet Labs guys said. And how do we know that for sure?

We are quick to believe him because he had the data to back it up.

The billet labs guys also posted their side of the story on Reddit which matches what Steve said.

13 minutes ago, IndustrialBananaBread said:

"mistakes will happen, we are human."

The responses to this will be telling. We are human, as a species we make mistakes. Its what mitigation was put in place to prevent them and remedial actions take after that count. My concern is now that every mistake made will result in accusations of wilful lack of ethics (thanks for that Tech Judas) rather than a simple question of quality. 

20 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Linus made Linus sound like one of those people, GN put a mirror up.

From a previous comment you suggested he wasn't this type of person, but now you seem to be suggestion he is this type of person, make up your mind lol. 

Yes GN is showing his true colours in the mirror, and it ain't pretty. 

26 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Pointing out inaccuracies, flaws or straight up bad behavior is not provoking a fight

Your right, but he's not just pointing out inaccuracies and behavior, GN going about this in an intentionally provocative manner.

GN can call you every shitty thing under the sun and it's ok, but if you get upset, offended or try to defend yourself, then you are the problem.

40 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

shtyle

Dude, you can't even spell it

giphy.webp.b9e1fe7d08d8a8beacd06c08e32cbfd2.webp

18 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Just in case peoples don't know yet due to being fixated in 1 thread 😛

I just hope they realize that this is a rare opportunity to fix things...

The Madisson issue still needs to be addressed tho, but I think this video was done before that came to light.

43 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

no, they're actually right, this coming from gn, is highly ironic as they're doing the same they critique lmg for, just with lower production values and much more snakeoil lol.

If you're sincere about that statement I'd like to hear criticism of GN. Receipts is how the kids would say it.

Member 4250

My big take away...

1. Don't respond when you are angry. Linus appeared angry when he posted here leading to a poor quality response.

2. Assume for the sake of argument Steve was 100% mud slinging. That doesn't change the facts and the key to a good response from LMG is Honesty, Openness, and Acceptance of fault where applicable.

48 minutes ago, tukykarmakar said:

I think there's a major miscommunication going on here and statement is poorly worded. Following is what I gathered from all of Linus' statements--

1. The Billet Labs cooler video was not meant to be a critical analysis, rather a video showcasing how overkill the product is and that it doesn't make sense. Which is why significant effort was not dedicated to use the correct GPU that the product was advertised for.
  2. The Billet Labs product was not "sold" to make money for the company, rather it was auctioned for charity. If this is true, then it should've been mentioned that way, ie., The company didn't sell the prototype to make free profit, rather it was auctioned off to fans with positive intentions because there was a massive failure of understanding that Billet Labs needed it back.
  3. The Pwnage mouse and various other frequent inaccuracies in multiple videos were probably caused by less effort being dedicatied to video QC because of the CEO transition.

To Linus, you run a company now. And as a company, you should live up to your own standards that you have mentioned multiple time. You have mentioned multiple times that you trust the community to keep you honest, and here we are trying to clear this mess that have happened for whatever reason. You are being defensive, but I don't believe anyone (with reasonable and functional brain) is attacking you. We're just pointing out that it's not been going good lately, and we're just a call away from helping you. I'm sure all other online creators would agree. Steve didn't have to reach out to you personally, you didn't hire him as your consultant, but he did have the courtesy to disable monetisation of the video where pointed out your issues.

As an outsider, who has no understanding how YouTube business works, I can't say how you should operate. But all I can say to you is that you can trust your community to not leave you because you're uploading less videos than usual. You CAN take a break from regular video schedule to sort out things internally. I can only imagine the chaos that might ensue in a CEO transition for a company like yours. But I want you to know that we will understand ONLY IF you trust us and let us know that you needed the time to sort out internal issues.

But there's still hope, this situation can still be salvaged. This happened publicly over YouTube videos and should be resolved the same way. Get Steve from Gamers Nexus, and maybe other creators who you think has an issue with your media content, and sit down in an a questionnaire/interview/conversation or whatever you wanna call it, and discuss about what caused the issue, why is it an issue and how it can be resolved. I don't know about other creators, but Steve would definitely be willing to do it. Take a day off where you have no other thing to worry about in your schedule and upload a video of that, it's the best and only way I can see this can remediated, plus y'all could get some sweet views too.

I think theres bigger issues than just that one example.

Its part of a wider trend.

Also the conflicts of interest and other problems run a lot deeper and i personally stopped watching when i saw how he was exploiting his business contacts and employees at LTT to renovate his house.

I mean this did not sit well with me. 

image.png.671162766863db99541965423f5cb1ab.png

Well now we know the price of the block they sent over... Nice start for that quality checking thing.

Edited by JustStopPlz
Added video with timestamp

28 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Steve wasn't angry, he pointed out factual errors and explained that people rely on these charts to buy new tech, so they should be accurate, if a GPU has a 300% increase in power over the previous generation and someone buys that card seeing nowhere near that increase they will feel lied to by LTT.

It doesn't matter how many accurate videos someone produces, if you produce inaccurate videos and present those as fact it's still wrong. Stop shilling for LTT, they can handle it themselves.

factual errors that steve also committed and kept mum despite being pointed out on his YouTube channel and reddit

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1526180-gamers-nexus-alleges-lmg-has-insufficient-ethics-and-integrity/?do=findComment&comment=16081403

7 hours ago, Drazil100 said:

That's not how I am reading it. My interpretation is that Linus realized that his responses were DEFINITELY making things worse and that a proper well thought out response was needed. My guess is he is taking his time and meeting with the people in his company to try to figure out what the right path forward is. I also suspect that this won't make it on wan show but that they will make a dedicated video discussing what they plan to do going forward. 

If they don't do this I will be severely disappointed but I suspect the reason they have yet to post a video today is because they are holding all main channel videos until they properly address this (which is the right course of action to take)

I would like to take a minute and say that I CALLED IT 🙂

Ok I know that doesn't help the discussion but I am happy with my prediction xD

30 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

No I am just tired. We are all invested that is why you are here and why I am here.

14 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

From a previous comment you suggested he wasn't this type of person, but now you seem to be suggestion he is this type of person, make up your mind lol. 

Yes GN is showing his true colours in the mirror, and it ain't pretty. 

And his true colours are making sure what other people post is accurate? Pretty cool colours.

15 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

Gonna quote my statement? 

16 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

Dude, you can't even spell it

Please only do a mic-drop if it's worthy. You are shilling for a million dollar company by claiming the other party who is pointing out inaccuracies is somehow trying to start drama. 

And that million dollar company? Has just responded by saying they were wrong, making you look like an ever bigger clown.

cat-dance.gif

41 minutes ago, dustypaws said:

I just hope they realize that this is a rare opportunity to fix things...

Well, the only way to know is to be patient & see how they do things from this point onward.

At the very least there's a public apology video now instead of "a post just in the forum".

Although I'm sure some peoples will try to make themselves sound like they have a crystal ball.

37 minutes ago, EchoBravo498 said:

My big take away...

1. Don't respond when you are angry. Linus appeared angry when he posted here leading to a poor quality response.

Makes me remember an old saying in my country ;

"Your mouth, your lion"

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, 3m3m said:

No I am just tired. We are all invested that is why you are here and why I am here.

Maybe it's best to take a step back, I'm invested in this because I want LTT to be better, you are invested in this because you think LTT can do no wrong and anyone else who critizes them has alternative motives.

The issues about quality are also completely valid and really just scratch the surface.

Blatant errors were shown as examples.

But there are so many more errors in terms of the content itself and missing providing accurate information to viewers to implement whatever hes talking about in the videos.

I understand the jank. I understand some of its entertainment. But alot is also just an excuse to rush and complete something quickily rather than spending the time to do it properly. Like zip tieing a fan on a pcie card or sawing off metal from cases when parts dont fit

I mean he has over 100 employees 🤷 

Well, I liked the video, it explained situations that I didn't know about. It explains the difficulties LTT has. It is significant but they are working on that. So lets see LTT. Just please stop dropping GPUs. That is so very painful to watch.

Hello everyone, I am Mark Walker. To Linus Media Group and the team, I have some things I would l Iike to recommend, as a future business owner myself.(I haven't started my business yet due to financial constraints.)

So far, after watching both the Gamers Nexus video and the video just published from the LMG channel, I can very much say there are some issues that LMG has. It appears there is a clear disconnect at times between Labs, and different processes need to he refined.

I have a few recommendations, here are a few:

1. Any video that includes Labs content MUST be reviewed by Labs before publishing, and MUST be approved.

2. All content must be reviewed by either Linus or the CEO if it isn't already before publishing.

Also, as for deadlines, they shouldn't be so much as strict anymore. There needs to be soft deadlines, but not so much as to stop these processes from working.

If anyone at the team would like to contact, feel free to at anytime. I'm on the same coast, over in California. If anyone below would like to chime in, feel free to below.