Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

3 minutes ago, dragonuck76 said:

Great response from LMG LTT;  now lets give them the time to work on this and watch them improve as I expected they would, when this all kicked off.

Also be interested in GN response

They already stated they won't reply in their last video. 

23 minutes ago, 3m3m said:

GN could have given them a call. I will die on this hill. GN should have just given LTT a call.

And that would have lead to..... What? Changing "their ways"? Totally not. They do that under pressure. How much pressure would a call from Steve have generated? 😆

@Saeumii you're entitled to have your opinion. And I'm entitle to totally disagree.

The video answer was corporate gasligthing, until something else is proven.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

5 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

It's not just you. That video was a dozen people trying to fix his mistake, only for him to show up and keep making it.

tbf he acknowledged that his response was becoming emotional again so, he at least seems self aware

6 minutes ago, gottahavit said:

I thought the video was "proper" until Linus got on an opened his mouth again and immediately got defensive and making mistakes.  They just need to control and target him to what he's good at.  Let him be an entertainer and let the adults run the process and control the real data.

I think the point of the video demonstrates Linus isn't the one calling the shots. He can say what he wants, but there are multiple other department heads actually making decisions, which is what the community seems to ignore.

How many times Mr Sebastian told that he was emotional?

@DakotaCx I think that the video "What we do now" is "simply" damage control. Not at the best execution, as my point of view.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

1 minute ago, Saeumii said:

tbf he acknowledged that his response was becoming emotional again so, he at least seems self aware

Acknowledging that you're angry doesn't count for much if you keep on being angry.

4 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

GN stated they would not?

Finally got time to watch the video, so here is my opinion that nobody asked for:

Although at times it seems like some involved feel angry at having to apologize and are giving the typical corporate "sorry", I think that at least some of them are genuine about this. One thing I will applaud them for is at least kind of listening to the community and are taking steps to implement better procedures. I hope that this won't result in employees getting even more stuff to do and having this break over their back so that they take most of the blame behind the scenes.

I really hope that they don't just ignore the claims that Maddison and anonymous former employees put out, as those are rough and make me scared for the culture in the company. Those are the things that should never be supported. 

Tl.dr. Don't make your employees overwork themselves, no video is better than bad or rushed video. And address your alleged issues 

Honestly, I think LMG owes a lot to GN. They were on a bad path. It all worked out for the best rly.

4 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

that probably depends on whether he views the response as a "PR inspired comment"

13 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

thank god for Luke, sorry you seem to be the one that has actually grown with the company. 

He looked so uncomfortable in that apology video! As mentioned, he was giving the impossible task of attempting to reign in Linus.

The latest video response seems to confirm what I believed to be the case - the cause of all this is, to put it very bluntly, incompetence. Which is bad and needed to be pointed out, which will hopefully lead to change. However, GN's video went far beyond presenting facts. It was heavily implying that malice was involved, that the situation with Billet Labs occurred because of an attitude of indifference, greed and disregard for contracts and promises. Unless one accuses LMG of fabricating emails, it is clear now that it was in fact a miscommunication and that they were willing to acknowledge it and make reparations. Again - it's obviously terrible that this situation happened and that they harmed a small team of enthusiastic and skilled entrepreneurs. But it was nowhere near as "duchy" as people immediately assumed - which is not surprising given the tone of GN's piece. I maintain my claim that it was not exemplary journalism. In my opinion, it was tabloid journalism. It should have been half the length. They should have reached out for comment, included LTT's account of how the miscommunication occurred, refrain from implying the part was sold for profit, and generally not mix up hard evidence of neglect and incompetence (the factual errors) with statement that implied malicious intent. If incompetence can explain something, one shouldn't attribute it to malice. I wish more people, including journalists, realized that it is, by and large, a good maxim to live by. I don't want to imply that what prompted them to do this was a desire to thwart an emerging competitor, as it was most likely just the result of strong emotions. Ultimately, it's still good that they made the piece and pointed many of LMG's shortcomings out. Good for viewers, for consumers. It's just that the tone was not right.

1 minute ago, mMontana said:

Being a creator at that scale and the massive amount of community interaction has a real impact on peoples emotions.  It can be good or bad.  Having millions of people love or hate you is an unreal experience, and is very powerful.  Leadership is a hell of a drug, but the effects can be great or terrible.

It must truly suck to have failed in front of millions of people and for them to watch and talk about you eating shit.

And yet, these are the situations when we see people true character.

No need to attack people for being human.

2 minutes ago, Saeumii said:

awareness is the first step toward change

Yeah, it is. But if you don't take the second step, you don't change.

Just watched the LTT response video. Addresses a lot of concerns but:

• Linus admitting his lack luster response but opening up with the fact that he will make more emotional mistakes.. Lol. He got over-defensive again in the video.
  • Lots of processes to detect and mitigate factual errors, but no acknowledgement or solution for the root cause. Just mentioning open sourcing labs sw stack doesn't cut it.
  • So much additional 'positive' stuff nobody asked for and unrelated to original concerns. Seems to be distraction points.
  • Found lttstore plugs and sponsor jokes very distasteful. 
  • Not entirely sure if this was the best time to publish after Madison's tweets. Personally would've preferred to be addressed together.
  • Now I know Billet prototype block costed £X... I don't think they'll appreciate that.

Overall, somewhat.. Neutral. Personally not enough to recover eroded feelings towards LMG.

1 minute ago, Aiken Drum said:

Yeah, it is. But if you don't take the second step, you don't change.

are you referencing the whole "trust me bro" ordeal regarding the warranty situation?

4 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

No need to attack people for being human.

As sometimes Mr Sebastian reported he did during WAN Show?

I have one question still? Who is responsible for inventory? I still can't believe they don't have a RTX 3090 TI. It has gotta be an inventory issue. It's probably buried around somewhere in a warehouse. Also I doubt they have only one. How did that happen?!?!?!

6 minutes ago, mMontana said:

@DakotaCx I think that the video "What we do now" is "simply" damage control. Not at the best execution, as my point of view.

I agree. But I honestly don't feel the community was "owed" an apology in the first place.

I don't feel that the response video or any other will ever sway the ones with pitchforks because I don't believe they want to be swayed. It's the internet, people are anonymous, and awful at baseline. 

As I stated at the beginning, the best course of action for the company is to just be better over time. All this drama and tribalism means nothing, time will tell how things are really being handled in the end.

I am surprised with the production stand down, it's a big step. But even that is a flash in the pan that may or may not yield lasting results.

The community and trolls alike just need to chill and realize things take time. No instant gratification here. 

ARE ALL THE CRY BABIES and perfect people who never make mistakes happy now? You guys now have stopped all videos and possibly affecting tens of jobs for what????  To satisfy 1 dude who hates the world and wants to watch it burn? You all are PATHETIC BAND WAGON FOLLOWERS and it makes me sick. You people are toxic and need to get a life and stop being parasocial “fans” 

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

12 hours ago, ChrisVyse said:

then tell me, did you watch GN video and what are your thoughts on Linus trying to gaslight and doubling down while ignoring other obvious points? 

So I'm fanboying over Linus?

How am I doing that? Also I have watched both videos, and read all the reactions from Linus.