Explain like i'm 5 what a bunch of chilren on reddit think they'll achieve with this group tantrum?

Gork
1 hour ago, art12354 said:

I am also leaving my 10+ year reddit account and I am debating not staying here on LTT forums because of this thread.

The tone and content is disheartening to say the least.

This makes me sad because I have been watching LTT for over 10 years as well. I was really looking forward to moving my home here.

Seems like the community here doesn't want any new comers. I hope this changes, because I know Linus himself would love to offer this as a new home to people to find their community as a replacement to reddit.

I can’t speak for other long-timers here, however, I don’t often find need to provide my input. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3 hours ago, art12354 said:

I am also leaving my 10+ year reddit account and I am debating not staying here on LTT forums because of this thread.

The tone and content is disheartening to say the least.

This makes me sad because I have been watching LTT for over 10 years as well. I was really looking forward to moving my home here.

Seems like the community here doesn't want any new comers. I hope this changes, because I know Linus himself would love to offer this as a new home to people to find their community as a replacement to reddit.

Pretty short sighted to base the whole forum on one topic. Most of the forum is fine, just stay out of pointless clickbait title topics like this one.

I disagree with reddit's choice to lock down 3rd party apps, but this has been pretty common as of late.
A more locked down internet is on it's way because it's better for corporate interests (profit).

And it's because the people who are able to make such decisions (see: subreddit mods) are children prone to throwing temper tantrums.
You thought discord mod memes were bad? Reddit mods are somehow worse.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

8 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Pretty short sighted to base the whole forum on one topic. Most of the forum is fine, just stay out of pointless clickbait title topics like this one.

Especially if trying to compare this place to a place like Reddit...

13 hours ago, tdkid said:

well to let you know. me and the other person were joking around with each other. it was nothing serious. 

Well lets see I've already had someone insinuate some pretty terrible things about my character, my overall value as a human being, and basically my entire existence. 

Yeah, plenty of toxicity here as well and I've been here a day. It's funny how quickly the people who say everyone on reddit is a toxic troll turn into pretty hardcore trolls themselves.

I'm sure somewhere in there was some constructive and uplifting commentary. Maybe I'm just reading it too harshly, but I'm pretty sure this is not the friendly and welcoming content most would hope to find.

The truth is, no online forum is free of toxicity, and this place is not immune to it. I mean.. come on? Really posts like this are nice hello?

"You only care about yourself and self importance, just backing your own voice with no real connection to anything in reality, word salad, emotional garbage, anger, narcissism, mentally ill."

That being said, I know that people who post like this are in the minority, and I have no need to respond to everyone who responds like this. 

14 hours ago, Strobel said:

Here is a revelation, why do any of you pretend to care? You only care about yourself and self importance, just backing your own voice with no real connection to anything in reality, word salad, emotional garbage, anger, narcissism, mentally ill.

Nice to meet you too. 

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's good to touch the bottom when jumping into a new pool. Really helps you to get a firm feeling for the environment. 

Just a note, what you just posted has been the most toxic, aggressive, over the top response I've received on here or any forum for the last few years. So congrats, you've done something remarkable. Thankfully, you are pretty outside the norm from the responses I've gotten, and that's even from folks who I strongly disagree with. 

Generally speaking, when someone starts making very personal attacks it's a good idea to end any sort of discussion with them, because it's no longer productive. So following my own advice...

Have a nice day.

1 minute ago, redditrefugee1 said:

Nice to meet you too. 

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's good to touch the bottom when jumping into a new pool. Really helps you to get a firm feeling for the environment. 

Just a note, what you just posted has been the most toxic, aggressive, over the top response I've received on here. So congrats. Thankfully, you are pretty outside the norm from the responses I've gotten, and that's even from folks who I strongly disagree with. 

Generally speaking, when someone starts making very personal attacks it's a good idea to end any sort of discussion with them, because it's no longer productive.

Have a nice day.

I'm new here too, I am responding to a poster, it's not a popularity contest like the idiot filled pool you come from called Reddit.

5800X3D Stock. 32GB RAM. RX 7900 XT. Arch Linux.

6 minutes ago, redditrefugee1 said:

Nice to meet you too. 

Just a note, what you just posted has been the most toxic, aggressive, over the top response I've received on here or any forum for the last few years. So congrats, you've done something remarkable. Thankfully, you are pretty outside the norm from the responses I've gotten, and that's even from folks who I strongly disagree with. 

Generally speaking, when someone starts making very personal attacks it's a good idea to end any sort of discussion with them, because it's no longer productive. So following my own advice...

Have a nice day.

What was so offensive other than the part you highlighted in bold? "You only care about yourself "

So I fully support this action, and I think they should continue.

The thinking is simple. Reddit runs on 2 groups, those who volunteer to keep things clean, and content creators, and I don't mean youtubers or whatever.

Take that away, and what is left? Users who don't care about the site, because there is nothing good to find.

So why does Reddit want these changes? More control. They keep claiming it's because of ad revenue, and I get that argument, but the thing is, is that this can be easily fixed. They can work with these app makers to put their ads in it, make it mandatory if you want to use their API.

They want to go public, and if they keep alienating the community, their company will be worth so much less, will get shorted etc. I mean plenty of WSB idiots will love to destroy their own platform.

Remember, the users made Reddit big. And not in the way that say LTT gotten big due to the viewers, because LTT creates content, and we decide it's good enough to watch it, but they make the content.

On Reddit the people protesting made the content and mostly run it.

Reddit needs to shut up, allow API access, make their ads mandatory, and offer a cheap enough premium service to remove them from any app. 

20 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

What was so offensive other than the part you highlighted in bold? "You only care about yourself "

Good point. Maybe calling me mentally ill could have been the highlight there. I just went with the first thing that irked me. 

I mean after you call someone mentally ill does it really help to keep going? He also called me a narcissist, and my posts "word salad" (Sure, I can get a little ranty, but word salad implies it was unreadable. That's a deep cut, I mean, I'm hurt dog... wounded even.) 

In all seriousness... that's good example of the sort of posts and posters I don't want anything to do with. I can handle a nice back and forth... I have sharp elbows too. I mean Implied someone was bootlicking by not caring about someone else being treated unfairly. That was pretty harsh, and I might need to apologize to that guy for going a bit over the top. But when you just lay into a person with both barrels and posts links to articles "prove" they are bad person, call them a child, and go on a lengthy rant on them being garbage for having a different or strong opinion about a walk out... 

You and I disagree, but I have no need to throw you into a category because of that disagreement. There are probably a lot of things we agree on, and frankly no one should have to put up with that level of negativity and ugliness. When people get that way, the debate is over, and I click ignore and block and move on. 

1 minute ago, Neroon said:

So I fully support this action, and I think they should continue.

The thinking is simple. Reddit runs on 2 groups, those who volunteer to keep things clean, and content creators, and I don't mean youtubers or whatever.

Take that away, and what is left? Users who don't care about the site, because there is nothing good to find.

So why does Reddit want these changes? More control. They keep claiming it's because of ad revenue, and I get that argument, but the thing is, is that this can be easily fixed. They can work with these app makers to put their ads in it, make it mandatory if you want to use their API.

They want to go public, and if they keep alienating the community, their company will be worth so much less, will get shorted etc. I mean plenty of WSB idiots will love to destroy their own platform.

Remember, the users made Reddit big. And not in the way that say LTT gotten big due to the viewers, because LTT creates content, and we decide it's good enough to watch it, but they make the content.

On Reddit the people protesting made the content and mostly run it.

Reddit needs to shut up, allow API access, make their ads mandatory, and offer a cheap enough premium service to remove them from any app. 

From what I understand, the API doesn't even send ads, so right now, 3rd party apps don't even have the choice to include Reddit ads in their apps.

I agree with you, it's about control.
Controlling how it can be accessed, and what content is displayed to prepare for the IPO. And if after that, the platform dies, it won't be their problem, but the ones who invested.

4 minutes ago, redditrefugee1 said:

Good point. Maybe calling me mentally ill could have been the highlight there. I just went with the first thing that irked me. 

I mean after you call someone mentally ill does it really help to keep going? He also called me a narcissist, and my posts "word salad" (Sure, I can get a little ranty, but word salad implies it was unreadable. That's a deep cut, I mean, I'm hurt dog... wounded even.) 

In all seriousness... that's good example of the sort of posts and posters I don't want anything to do with. I can handle a nice back and forth... I have sharp elbows too. I mean Implied someone was bootlicking by not caring about someone being treated unfairly. But when you just lay into a person with both barrels and posts links to articles "prove" they are bad person, call them a child, and go on a lengthy rant on them being garbage for having a different or strong opinion about a walk out... 

You and I disagree, but I have no need to throw you into a category because of that disagreement. There are probably a lot of things we agree about, and frankly no one should have to put up with that level of negativity and ugliness.

"You only care about yourself and self importance, just backing your own voice with no real connection to anything in reality, word salad, emotional garbage, anger, narcissism, mentally ill."

I don't think the person called you mentally ill directly and this is the sort of thing that most people should just shrug off and not get offended by. 

Perhaps given the reactions from numerous people here, you should re-evaluate your personal conduct and communication.  Perhaps the way you acted on Reddit isn't working as you intended on this forum. 
Perhaps the problem isn't everyone else.

This forum has a tool to ignore people so you don't have to deal with people you don't want to.

https://linustechtips.com/ignore/

1 hour ago, ToboRobot said:

I don't think the person called you mentally ill directly and this is the sort of thing that most people should just shrug off and not get offended by. 

Perhaps given the reactions from numerous people here, you should re-evaluate your personal conduct and communication.  Perhaps the way you acted on Reddit isn't working as you intended on this forum. 
Perhaps the problem isn't everyone else.

This forum has a tool to ignore people so you don't have to deal with people you don't want to.

https://linustechtips.com/ignore/

"Perhaps the problem isn't everyone else."

I never insinuated that the problem is everyone else. I've had some words with a few who agree and a few who disagree. Now that would be narssistic of me to accuse others of being the problem. But thankfully, I'm aware that not everyone needs to agree with me and that's just fine. 

"Perhaps given the reactions from numerous people here,"

Trying to reframe this as numerous attacking me is not at all what I've done or am doing. In fact some people have been great. People have been just fine. A few have been rough, and one was bad enough to block. Thankfully, that person was new, and clearly was no great loss to my participation here if that's his opening salvo.

I am not the spokesperson for all redditors, and it would be insane for anyone to say or try to give that impression. The site had millions and millions of diverse users, with uncounted niche communities of every shape color and preference you can imagine. My comments and opinions are my own. What I tried to do was convey the feelings I saw in others, in the few spaces I regularly travelled. I spoke to my experience, and wasn't excusing toxicity or the ugliness that others experience. I'm not dismissing it, but I also do not accept that one persons experience is the end of the discussion. There are many factors that shape our experiences and impressions, and I will tell you that like any large place with a lot of people, there were good places and bad places, but wrapping the whole thing up and calling it garbage is like saying all of Paris is garbage because of the one part of it you visited and didn't feel welcome. 

people should just shrug off and not get offended by...

I think calling someone mentally ill, and a narcissist is beyond the pale. Frankly, I'm not about to spend time debating with someone who has nothing to add but negativity and isn't interested in debate but summary judgements. Those comments are about as personal as they come. Offense is not the issue, it's that comments/attacks like that do not help any, or encourage any sort of discourse. 

The reactions to me and to the Reddit walk out/black out here have been pretty fair actually, with some agreeing and some disagreeing with it. As far as my interactions, I always try to keep mindful of not going too far or getting too personal. Sometimes, I fail, that's called being human. I try to apologize if I think I went to hard, and I try to be fair to myself and others. 

When anyone gets passionate about a topic, even their preference for a PC or MAC for example, people can get toxic and go too far. It's something I think most of us can agree on. None of us are perfect. I object strongly to the narrative that everyone or a majority of people who use or were a part of Reddit are all angry crazy childish selfish idiots. That's a common response I've seen here that is an ugly smear that I have zero desire to engage with... I mean why would I? 

Perhaps the way you acted on Reddit isn't working as you intended on this forum. 

Reddit is not the only on-line space I've inhabited, most forums have a certain degree of toxicity, and being an old millennial I've been around since before most of these spaces even existed. I've been on just about every platform and every major site, and reddit was by far not the worst. My god, I was an adult when Google Plus was still a thing.

The way I 'acted' on reddit is who I am, not a persona I created for the site. Sorry to tell you, but I've always been a loquacious writer, and ardent supporter of things I believe in. Reddit was just another part of who I was, but I reject entirely the notion that it defined me. I have a wide range of opinions and beliefs that were not embraced there, and attempting to sum me up by participation there is not a good barometer of who I am or what I think. It was not a place of 'group think' any more then any other site on line. People of the same politics, gender, race, sexual preference regularly disagreed fought with each other, and there were times where people from totally different worlds found common ground and common cause. It was, in my experience, a place of constant debate, disagreement, but also of personal connection and sometimes moving personal sharing and development. It was everything great about the internet and and everything bad too. 

I've seen some rejoice at it's down fall. That's fine. I suppose it must feel good to see something you hate from the outside implode. There is a catharsis in it. 

I appreciate your opinion however, even if I don't entirely agree with it. 

Anyhow, thanks for the ignore tip. I've already employed it. Look at you being helpful.

Don't use this thread as your barometer for the general tone on this forum. It's unusually confrontational in here...

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

10 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Don't use this thread as your barometer for the general tone on this forum. It's unusually confrontational in here...

That's on me at least in part. 

Some people have had really bad experiences on Reddit, and frankly (deservedly or not) hate it. So my interjection and sharp disagreements created a bit of a wave of aggressive and accusatory posts. 

Sorry about that. 

I will try to do better. 

26 minutes ago, redditrefugee1 said:

That's on me at least in part. 

Some people have had really bad experiences on Reddit, and frankly (deservedly or not) hate it. So my interjection and sharp disagreements created a bit of a wave of aggressive and accusatory posts. 

Sorry about that. 

I will try to do better. 

It's not accusatory, you are used to your way on Reddit and know how to speak down on people but don't like it back, there is an inside system on Reddit and people use words to just look down on others and it flies under the radar, the more straight to the point and unabashed folks like myself telling it how it is are not toxic, we are simply just getting repressed by the hive mind, which you are a part of, the common user uses words like you do, you are never to blame, they are always the problem.

The funny part is you think you are on the right side, apparently there was a time when Reddit was not divisive, I already posted the absolute truth here before, read my other posts other than the one where you can engage in being self obsessed.

This one particularly.

Screenshot_20230615_170517.png.fecf5bba8abfa70a9018fdc97e3748cb.png

People such as myself and many many others don't fit there if we post, lurking is different other than observing that questions get downvoted and actual helpful stuff never gets popular.

I joined Reddit again so I could share my positive experience of using Manjaro for the first time.

Do you see a problem yet?

Check the comments where it says chill out these parts sell millions, I in defense of what I truly meant showed facts and the fact that my intention was talking about new hardware working so great out of the box and it is not a low end system (Working worse on Windows 11)

Because the majority of Reddit users are as I said complete idiots, I got downvoted into oblivion for speaking facts, yes even on such a subreddit where "Intelligent people" hang out.

Make up whatever you want, this is a heard of the same type of brains, they all automatically interpret things the way they want to and don't like opposing opinions and hate being corrected signified by the downvote train.

This is what lack of a developed prefrontal cortex looks like.

Facts on Prefrontal Cortex development.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34645980/

The average age is 25 when it is fully developed, but humans take time to learn things so being 25 don't mean you will change instantly.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3621648/

"It is well established that various morphological and physiological changes occur in the human brain during adolescence. The term “adolescence” is generally used to describe a transition stage between childhood and adulthood. “Adolescence” also denotes both teenage years and puberty, as these terms are not mutually exclusive. The second surge of synaptogenesis occurs in the brain during the adolescent years. Hence, adolescence is one of the most dynamic events of human growth and development, second only to infancy in terms of the rate of developmental changes that can occur within the brain. Although there is no single definition of adolescence or a set age boundary, Kaplan has pointed out that puberty refers to the hormonal changes that occur in early youth, and adolescence may extend well beyond the teenage years. In fact, there are characteristic developmental changes that almost all adolescents experience during their transition from childhood to adulthood. It is well established that the brain undergoes a “rewiring” process that is not complete until approximately 25 years of age. This discovery has enhanced our basic understanding regarding adolescent brain maturation and it has provided support for behaviors experienced in late adolescence and early adulthood. Several investigators consider the age span 10–24 years as adolescence, which can be further divided into substages specific to physical, cognitive, and social–emotional development, Hence, understanding neurological development in conjunction with physical, cognitive, and social–emotional adolescent development may facilitate the better understanding of adolescent brain maturation, which can subsequently inform proper guidance to adolescents."

Essentially emotions lead them, they cannot form anything outside of what they feel as the prefrontal cortex is what is primarily used to make clear distinctions between self and outside world and those parts in other things, complex thinking ramps up to an unknown amount with the full development of it.

Not all people on Reddit are 25, some are older, this is not counting for the mentally ill or the genuinely lesser intellectually capable people, to someone like me, you all look the same.

Screenshot_20230616_003906.png.230a38e1886f34c65ea089084013827e.png

15 hours ago, redditrefugee1 said:

Well lets see I've already had someone insinuate some pretty terrible things about my character, my overall value as a human being, and basically my entire existence. 

Yeah, plenty of toxicity here as well and I've been here a day. It's funny how quickly the people who say everyone on reddit is a toxic troll turn into pretty hardcore trolls themselves.

I'm sure somewhere in there was some constructive and uplifting commentary. Maybe I'm just reading it too harshly, but I'm pretty sure this is not the friendly and welcoming content most would hope to find.

The truth is, no online forum is free of toxicity, and this place is not immune to it. I mean.. come on? Really posts like this are nice hello?

That being said, I know that people who post like this are in the minority, and I have no need to respond to everyone who responds like this. 

i dont know how to respond to this because its just so far gone. you post what seems to be a ranting comment about people on reddit and why you left and then came here expecting everyone to be completely different and no one a troll? do I have this right? no I am not trying to troll you, is this honestly what you thought because I can understand what you wanted. i have left a few groups based on what you said in your first comment but I have been doing my job for 20 years now and all the name calling, insults bad attitudes with everyone online just makes me laugh because the ONLY reason why they are saying it is because they are behind a screen and know you cant get to them thru it so they tease you, to push your buttons. the best way to deal with that is to leave it alone and literally leave. those people act like bullies and the more you show them the more it empowers them. as for me, like I said, I was joking with someone else. i have been called every name in the book more times than I can count. i have been threatened, beaten, nearly killed as many too but I am still here which means its a good day. 

as for the people on reddit. i would suggest reading some of the instant karma or malicious compliance stories. they might get you in a better mood. as for the ones throwing a tantrum, you have to remember it was literally that people now cant spank their kids, its seen as cruel, you have to punish then by making them think about what they did but all they learn is that there are no consequences to their actions so they do more, bigger and badder whjch eventually leads to prison or death, maybe both. 

but to answer the topic. they think they will achieve getting what they want, which is typically the shut down of whatever they are currently standing against and that issue is that people would rather let them have it to stop the tantrum then tell them no and to go F off, its literally a reason for all the "Karen" stories on reddit.

For me the problem with social media is not lack of moderation, but lack of editing. Editing decides if content is worthy while moderation merely decides if it is un-worthy. 

Deciding if material is worthy requires an informed and involved editor with some stake in the decision.  It's bad enough when editors acting out of good will and best judgement get things wrong, but when they subvert their own profession then the credibility of their publications suffers and not just the information they publish. I'm thinking here of newspapers and newscasts.

Without editing, mass information can and must only conform to the lowest standard of speech. Unedited free speech necessarily elevates ignorance to the same level as informed, with both deemed worthy.

'Free' can also mean devoid of value, whether free labour or free opinion. Reddit suffers from both of these meanings.

Reddit is a product, the corp owns the brand and the infrastructure.
But the brand is given actual body by its moderators and it's users, who'm are blatantly ignored.

So the purpose of this "tantrum" is to make him realize there's a balance to things. 
If his ad revenue tanks because all the major subreddits are unavailable that might make him reconsider his absurd API pricing sturcture, which is the goal.

It's also the only thing users and moderators reasonably can do, so no surprise there.

I just wish they didn't put a time limit on it and just went black without a pre-determined end time.
Or maybe even straight up axe entire subreddits and accounts.

13 hours ago, tdkid said:

i dont know how to respond to this because its just so far gone. you post what seems to be a ranting comment about people on reddit and why you left and then came here expecting everyone to be completely different and no one a troll? do I have this right?

No. No you don't. 

As I thought I made clear, a few negative comments towards me or disagreements with the Reddit protest are not at all an issue for me. I'm happy to debate why I agree with the protest and have left Reddit, but I'm not here to just swap endless insults and get into personal attacks. Feel like you might be coming in at the tale end of a lot of back and forth... trust me it's not worth the re-read. 

I'm well aware of what a troll is, and no I don't expect any place to be free of them. Not sure where you're getting that either. The one person I blocked had only recently joined this forum and seemed to accuse me of being a mentally ill narcissist, (it wasn't perfectly clear, his grammar was a bit lacking). Anyways, once you go that far, kinda makes future discussion pointless. 

I'm sorry if my long posts felt like a rants to you. That's just me, I don't like short posts. I think I once wrote a damn novel on a forum as to why I prefer the Final Cut of Blade Runner to the Directors Cut. I'm long form my friend, that's how I do. That annoys some folks, and if that's you... well, I'm sorry. 

I can understand that I'm not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm not trying to be. Cheers.

9 hours ago, Polderviking said:

Reddit is a product, the corp owns the brand and the infrastructure.
But the brand is given actual body by its moderators and it's users, who'm are blatantly ignored.

So the purpose of this "tantrum" is to make him realize there's a balance to things. 
If his ad revenue tanks because all the major subreddits are unavailable that might make him reconsider his absurd API pricing sturcture, which is the goal.

It's also the only thing users and moderators reasonably can do, so no surprise there.

I just wish they didn't put a time limit on it and just went black without a pre-determined end time.
Or maybe even straight up axe entire subreddits and accounts.

Sadly, I don't believe he will change... at all. In fact he'll likely double down. 

The simple truth is that the owners of Reddit want to cash in before AI comes in roaring, simulating traffic and engagement which is what drives the site currently. In order to do that, he has to show investors that Reddit isn't a hippy "everyone has a say" commune, which is pretty much counter to what it has been for years. 

The CEO freely admitted that API system was basically the wild west, and that he should have ended the practice years ago... and that he is arbitrarily and suddenly deciding to end them. 

To me it's a lot like a building owner raising the rent far beyond what the tenants can pay. In most states this is allowed. Basically the owner can do what he wants with his property, and I agree, but this is clearly not a reasonable change, and is meant to erase the third party apps without outright saying it. "I'm just covering my costs" only works when you are being honest about what the costs are. 

Also if it was about revenue, they could work out a lucrative deal where reddit can make money over time, increasing as thier traffic increases, and allowing the third party apps to slowly increase the fees, and give them time to change their business' models to that end. But this isn't just about the money, it's about the control. They want it back, and I can understand it.

I don't think Reddit will ever be the same, or better, for all the changes that are about to come, and while this was a protest before, many who I've chatted with in recent days are just sort of done, and don't want to be on or help run a site with is being run in such a blatantly arbitrary and unfair way. Obviously some will return, and the mod system as it stands will change, and it's likely that very soon they will override the mods, delete or remove the ability of tens of thousands of accounts, and appoint new mods where possible. They will also probably delete/block thousands of NSFW threads of all sorts to make Reddit as sanitized as possible for the IPO.  

It's become a matter of stubborn pride and ego for both sides, and while I agree with the protest, it's sad to me that both sides can't find a compromise. But the CEO has been clear, he has no desire or will to negotiate. He's said repeatedly, this is all happening and nothing will change his mind. I get his side, it's his property, and he sees the data content there as oil, his oil, and is determined to make Reddit a serious cashcow.

If he relents now, he has to admit to being at least at some fault for all the crazy. That would disastrous for the IPO. As it stands he can keep pointing to the protestors and calling them out as the unreasonable childish ones, I mean if you look at threads like this one, there are a lot of people who wholeheartedly agree with him. It's almost gotten to culture war territory. If he negotiates or changes course, suddenly he looks small. He's also been adamant that reddit is not profitable... or at least not as profitable as he and potential buyers/investors would like (several sites have disputed this)  

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=36259650

The verge has been doing some great work on this, and their reporting really nails the inherent duplicity of the CEO and the overall environment that has been created between him, and a small yet significant portion of the reddit community. 

https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/13/23759130/reddit-protests-history-community-growth-moderation

I don't know where this ends, but my guess is that Reddit will continue, it will change to be a very different site in the coming months, but what that will look like is anyone's guess. Personally, I just don't have any desire to be a part of it anymore, and that means I'll have to find new things to waste my time... 

So um, Starfield is looking pretty good right? 

2 hours ago, redditrefugee1 said:

No. No you don't. 

As I thought I made clear, a few negative comments towards me or disagreements with the Reddit protest are not at all an issue for me. I'm happy to debate why I agree with the protest and have left Reddit, but I'm not here to just swap endless insults and get into personal attacks. Feel like you might be coming in at the tale end of a lot of back and forth... trust me it's not worth the re-read. 

I'm well aware of what a troll is, and no I don't expect any place to be free of them. Not sure where you're getting that either. The one person I blocked had only recently joined this forum and seemed to accuse me of being a mentally ill narcissist, (it wasn't perfectly clear, his grammar was a bit lacking). Anyways, once you go that far, kinda makes future discussion pointless. 

I'm sorry if my long posts felt like a rants to you. That's just me, I don't like short posts. I think I once wrote a damn novel on a forum as to why I prefer the Final Cut of Blade Runner to the Directors Cut. I'm long form my friend, that's how I do. That annoys some folks, and if that's you... well, I'm sorry. 

I can understand that I'm not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm not trying to be. Cheers.

oh ok. 

Hope they improve the main app at least.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Louis Rossmann nailed it, you have to stop using that site. Simple as. Reddit doesn't care about the tantrums because people won't quit the site.