Where are y'all Reddit users going after June 12th?

Back to Digg?

For real, I will continue to use less social media in generally and a lot less reddit.  

Kbin seems to be the popular choice on r/redditalternatives

Never used Reddit actively, what's the hype?

I edit my posts more often than not

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

No upvotes =/= ban. I'm guessing the reason is something else, like spamming or dumping

the mods hate anything that can be a glitch even thow it was in the game 1.07 singal player...

you cant even play 1.07 online as far as i no... 🤔

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Prolly just become active on here more.  I've already killed my Twitter and Facebook so axing Reddit next and going back to being a forum guy feels like a perfect next step on what has apparently turned into a return to monke digital journey.

Listening to the latest WAN Show... I'm thinking I'm just gonna come here. I may try peaking at Lemmy. But Reddit is a sinking ship at this point.

11 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Never used Reddit actively, what's the hype?

Hobby subreddits usually fostered insightful discussions about technical subjects, much like regular internet forums do. Community moderation made subreddits more orderly compared to other social media like the shit-flinging contest that is Twitter. I'm not saying the place is devoid of glue huffers, but you'd usually have to go out of your way to find them.

However, most of the site has devolved into an echo chamber. Good luck having even a mildly different view from the hivemind. 

Here for tech stuff, and some other forums for more niche interests I guess.

Reddit always has been and always will be complete garbage as a community, since they fail to filter out their problem causers.

Its where everyone who thinks they’re some l33t h@x0r internet wizard goes to pretend to be more than a statistical anomaly of protected sex.

Really any community with any sort of value or merit attributed to users in any way, points systems, usernames, profiles, it’s all nonsense that overshadows the actual informational value of conversation online. This is especially so in the context of community support.

So nowhere, never used Reddit beyond reading google results, never will. 
Even this place has a lot of the same problems but at the very least the community is small enough where if someone’s being a rambunctious twat you can rest assured they’ll be ostracized pretty quickly.

There is no 10ft pole long enough I would use to access reddit.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 6/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, art12354 said:

Trying to get a grasp on where the community is going.

Are you moving to lemmy? Kbin? Tildes? LTT forum?

Let me know!

For tech, this very forum and the Techpowerup forums.

I do follow non-tech communities on the alien site though, maybe it's time I go cold turkey from Reddit for a while...

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

I'm trying out Kbin, Lemmy and the LTT forums of course. Feels like a fresh start in a way. Reminds me of the early 2000s.

does reddit shut down? because why would someone with an obvious Stockholm syndrome otherwise move, i don't get it?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Used to be active here and overclock.net but with this Reddit shutdown I think I'm going back to my old reliables I guess.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

11 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

How about a 39.5ft pole? 

Is Reddit more or less toxic than the Grinch?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Using less Reddit and more LTT forum or other community based platforms really. 

I've dialed back on most social media lately. Doomscrollling wastes so much time. 

Professional underdog supporter.
KEEP THE COMPETITION ALIVE! 

I'm just going to try and remove it from my life. With all the twitter stuff I, took the app off my phone, and stopped using it for the most part. So with any luck this will be a good excuse to do the same with my reddit lurking.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:37 AM, Erioch said:

I only use it when I google search something and it ends up on a Reddit post.  I don't surf it (it's way too unweildy).  I think I posted once, on a thread about Pi-holes.

thats the main problem,  it comes up way to much (by design obviously) and while yes, it can help, the info is just way too unreliable and therefore very tedious and time consuming to go through... you often have better luck with random tech forum posts... however i wont deny there's a certain value as information source,  just as a "community" its a total fail concept as a echochamber is about the most unhealthy thing ever. 

Fake edit: Ah, the 12th huh........ i really wish people would make better titles and more informative OPs... but I see now, pretty much every "r/" (that has always been a dumb way to name reddits btw) has been set to private, so effectively its already dead for none members... which seems like a good idea to protest, i get it, on the other hand this will just create even bigger echochambers and not really solve anything,  because the issue with reddit is the structure,  and the owner(s) really.

This makes discord look like heaven (for now)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Play a   shark game.

also it seems many mod screw up on private.

so its straight up now  only mods can post anything/read .

no one else can even read etc get a update on the sub.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Oh hey their tantrum started.  Was looking something up. google recently has been getting some info from reddit. now suddenly half the hits, google gets from reddit are ducking private. Like  that'll really show a floundering website that hasn't broken even since forever a thing or two. Gosh it's not like   99% of  businesses that exist on the internet don't sell search results to the lowest bidder, so as they  stay in business without ducking adds. But gosh lets have a hissy fit that the execs at reddit won't give two ducks about.

Edited by LogicalDrm
Removed excessive swearing

On 6/11/2023 at 5:45 AM, SansVarnic said:

Same. I once tried using a 3ft pole, but man it was a disaster using. So I just started using traditional inputs again, like touch, keyboard and mouse.

20 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Same. I once tried using a 3ft pole, but man it was a disaster using. So I just started using traditional inputs again, like touch, keyboard and mouse.

I used a frankfurter sausage. Touch inputs worked like a charm. Admittedly it wasn't 3ft long though.

Tried a few but still haven't found a decent reddit alternative that encapsulates tech, gaming, stocks, local IRL communities, and misc topics well. 

Apollo app made it really nice to have all those communities at the touch of your fingertip. Most other alternatives don't have an app so quick scrolling when you have a few minutes to kill isn't really an option imo.

Attempting to go back to forum life but nothing seems as active as Reddit for discussions at least.

1 hour ago, Dragonball_PS said:

Tried a few but still haven't found a decent reddit alternative that encapsulates tech, gaming, stocks, local IRL communities, and misc topics well. 

Apollo app made it really nice to have all those communities at the touch of your fingertip. Most other alternatives don't have an app so quick scrolling when you have a few minutes to kill isn't really an option imo.

Attempting to go back to forum life but nothing seems as active as Reddit for discussions at least.

Yeah the worst part about Reddit IMO is that it robbed traffic from a lot of forums. I’ll begrudgingly use it, but only because there are more active users.

I much prefer a traditional forum UI without all the sorting based on updoot garbage. That crap while well intentioned turns a lot of threads into a competition for snarkiest comment or a race to correct others.