Where are y'all Reddit users going after June 12th?

There is no all-in-one alternative with communities at least comparably large. Personally, I'll probably just spend lest time in the internet overall, which is a good thing anyway.

11 hours ago, Ydfhlx said:

There is no all-in-one alternative with communities at least comparably large. Personally, I'll probably just spend lest time in the internet overall, which is a good thing anyway.

But that would mean I'd actually have to.. work at work. :[

20 hours ago, RVRY said:

4Chan 

That explains a lot of the 'I'm a wanker and think Reddit should charge $10/API calls' posts I'm seeing. 🙄

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

I'm going to try coming here.  I prefer reddit to aggregate lots of tech topics and forums, but... I primarily consume it through a third-party app, and I suppose it's time to diversify, again.

Edit: How do I search this forum???

This is one of my destinations. I'm trying to replace my entire constellation of subreddits with forums.

Not going to cold turkey reddit when the blackout fails. But all the small things I'm doing to move my viewing time and discussions to alternate platforms is going to make it easier to quit reddit for good.

All prep for whenever reddit sunsets old.reddit.

On 6/10/2023 at 4:48 AM, LogicalDrm said:

No upvotes =/= ban. I'm guessing the reason is something else, like spamming or dumping

On 6/9/2023 at 10:03 AM, thrasher_565 said:

hate reddit. they just ban me for posting diablo 2 pics...

you post something and no upvotes then its gone. no more conversation...

diablo 2 107 chaos out map glitch.png

nms frozen ships 2.png

Is this Windows 7? Didn't know No Man's Sky would work on that

1 minute ago, 8092 said:

Is this Windows 7? Didn't know No Man's Sky would work on that

ya works fine. thow its harder and harder to use w7...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I've been hanging out at Squabbles, but also just gaming and catching up on same anime and youtube. Also decided to check back in at this place too.

I'm thinking maybe less doomscrolling is a good thing. I think I will cut back on my social media in general.

Honestly, the whole Reddit discourse is what led me to sign up here 😅

My theory is that most of the time I spend endlessly scrolling could be better spent elsewhere and any specifics discussions on Tech/Gaming that I want to have, I can have here. 

Coming back to this forum after a 7 year absence. 

It's sad, but Reddit's CEO basically just destroyed his product and reputation. 

Anyways, gotta go somewhere to get my tips.

I mostly doom scrolled front page and occasionally commented on tech advice on r/laptops and other similar subreddits. Trying my best to avoid it in protest. Plenty of other things they could have done to try and make money that I think redditors would have accepted and 3rd parties could have implemented. 
edit: didn’t actually answer the question.  No where. Going to occupy my Reddit time with hopefully something more productive. I did get a lot of ongoing news from the front page so that is kind of a bummer. 

On 6/13/2023 at 2:30 PM, Silentknyght said:

Edit: How do I search this forum???

Use the search box in the top right corner of the page, up in the banner.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I have visited Reddit. For me I prefer the LTT forums or DSLreports. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Reddit's recent API shenanigans reminded me of the importance of fragmentation of services.

So i'm not replacing Reddit for any one thing, i'm just going back to beeing part of a hand full of independant communities like I was in the late nineties and through the 2000's.

11 minutes ago, Polderviking said:

Reddit's recent API shenanigans reminded me of the importance of fragmentation of services.

So i'm not replacing Reddit for any one thing, i'm just going back to beeing part of a hand full of independant communities like I was in the late nineties and through the 2000's.

I just played a lot of video games in the 1990's and 2000's. 😄 I wasn't really a part of any kind of community, though I did use IRC a lot.

16 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I just played a lot of video games in the 1990's and 2000's. 😄 I wasn't really a part of any kind of community, though I did use IRC a lot.

Well obviously there was (and still is..) also a lot of that. 🙂

16 minutes ago, Polderviking said:

Well obviously there was (and still is..) also a lot of that. 🙂

lol true.

Difference is, back then I either played games, or watched YouTube. Now, I usually do both at the same time.

I don't know, the website is pretty bad, and the official app is even worse. Third party apps are what made it... enjoyable? Back to forums it is!

GPU 7900XTX CPU 5800X3D RAM 2x16GB DDR4 3600Hz CL18 PSU be quiet! Pure Power 11 700W 

Case Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitors 1440p 165Hz 27" (H) - 1080p 120Hz 24" (V) Audio DT770 Pro/Momentum TW2 

Laptop 2023 MacBook Pro 14" M2Pro Phones iPhone 13 Pro Max/Galaxy S20+/Galaxy S9+ Wearable Apple Watch Series 8

My full rig

Saw some people mention Lemmy and I would recommend staying away from that, or at the very least staying away from lemmy.ml

I know it's against forum rules to "discuss politics", but I don't think it's too controversial to say that if the people behind the project support North Korea, the Chinese Communist party, Russia and is pro-genocide among other things (source, this is the lead developers account), they might not be very nice people that deserve support.

There are also a lot of people being banned from the big Lemmy instances because they criticize things like the CCP and North Korea. You can find plenty of bans for those things in the modlog, which sadly isn't loading for me right now.

It also seems to have some privacy issues, like you can't actually delete posts. Some more info here.