Did you start gaming on PCs or Consoles? What was the first console you played?

geforceftw

I started all the way back on a old Sega Genesis, then jumped to the PS1, then PS2, then to pc because pc is just better for everything.  I can't believe at one point I considered buying a Xbox 360.  

If you have enough money go for a xbox. You can play Rayman and sit on your damn couch :D

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Both, though my experiences playing on a Genesis/MegaDrive stood out for me more than my short early experiences with Wolfenstein and Pinball.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Well when I started gaming "PCs" as they are now didn't exist. 

I started with the ZX Spectrum (does that count as a PC?) as a kid, then several Game & Watches (do they count as consoles), then Acorn Electrons (huge hulking green screen computers with lots of arcade game rip offs). Then the NES came along and changed everything (followed by the Megadrive, Gameboy, SNES, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast and so on).

We had a PC at our house from the first edition of Windows onwards and I played that too. Games like Lemmings, Populous, Wolfenstein 3D, Xenon, Doom, Sim City and Quake over the years, but we were definitely more console kids in my family. 

Started on a pre-286 PC and tried playing games on my dad's 386, but ended up buying a Game Boy in 1992 and a SNES in late 1993. I do own more than one PC but I don't really like having games on any of them. I only install the most essential programs, since I want my systems to be reliable.

If you have enough money go for a xbox. You can play Rayman and sit on your damn couch  :D

Rayman is a Jaguar game. The sequels are nowhere near as good.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Good old PS1 for me :D

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Console, didn't start PC gaming until 1999.

Atari 2600 > Sega Master System > NES > Gameboy > SNES > PS1 > PC

*angry master-race comment about PC and Mac occupying the same voting category*   -  just jokes.

I didn't have a TV until I was 8 so consoles weren't my thing. I think Microsoft Motocross Madness was the first "real" video game I played.

I got a PS2 with Lego Star Wars 7 years ago and it still works.

OSX sucks -.-

Started playing video games with PS1 but can't remember my first game.

It might be crash bandicoot but i'm not sure. Good old times :D

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Technically, I started on the Magnavox Odyssey, my father had one when I was born in 74. I really don't count it since I was obviously so young and I don't remember it, until I got older that is. However, in early 78 he picked up the Atari 2600, and I played on that, and I do remember it.

That being said, in 1981 at the ripe old age of 7, I got my first computer. The Texas Instruments TI-99/4A. It was gift to me from my uncle who worked for McDonnell Douglas, he actually had three of them, one in use and two still in the box. We had went to visit him one weekend as part of a family gathering in St. Louis (where I am from), and I spent the entire weekend on his TI-99/4A. He was so taken by my interest in the machine that he gave me one. He kept sending me new carts, peripherals, and software for it as they became available. I credit him for locking in my love of computers.

From that point on, I was both a PC and console gamer, and it stayed that way until the PS1/N64. They were the last consoles I truly and and actively gamed on. After them I all but dropped consoles, except for retro gaming, and moved almost exclusively to PC.

Well, that's it, my abridged gaming history. lol

I started on playstation 1. got out of the console stuff in the psp time. own a ps1, ps2, psp and a few old gameboys.

it's time for some jolly cooperation!

I started to sega saturn and i will always play both on consoles and pc

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

NES -> PC -> PC/PS3... yup long time pc only gamer :P. had a DS before i got my ps3 though..

I have no signature

Never owned a console myself.  I have played quite a bit on them though.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Started on my father's dell moved to consoles but I never did like controllers so I moved back to PC one thing lead to another and now I Build em, Fix em and my life seems to revolve around them.

AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 | Memory Corsair XMS3 16GB | R9 280x 3GB | WD Black 1TB | Samsung 120GB SSD | Corsair AX860 | Corsair H100i | NZXT Fan Controller | Asus VS247H-P x2

My first console was an NES. 

It was a gift from my uncle and I got pretty much the best NES library from him. The N64 was probably out at the time since I was like 4 years old.

After that it was PC and PS1. I got my first PC when I was around 6 years old and ever since then it's been a passion for me.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

NES. A lot Mario Bros and Battle Tanks.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I started on Sega Genesis back in 1995, i was 5 years old, this machine was amazing to me.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Nintendo Family Computer was my very first gaming platform but I transitioned to PC by the time the C&C series and Counter Strike MOD (not retail) got to their peek.

I started on PC, both consoles and PC played a huge role in my gaming evolution.

PC->console->PC

First I saturated a lot of the PC gaming part, all the little to big games at that time, multiplayer giants and mediums too. EPIc

Then, came the med games, expensive Pc hardware, console siwtched at the right time.

then came BF3, Pc parts reached a historical low.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I started out as a wee little lad on the NES, then the SNES then a GBa SP, PS2 then got a DS and a PSP, got bored of them. Got a wii, kept that longer than any other console, got an Xbox 360, got bored, sold it and got a PS3, got bored, sold it and I finally settled on PC and I found everything I never knew I wanted. The major graphics improvement and the seamless switch from the internet to gaming was a huge plus for me.

Right now I have the original gameboy and my PC