Did you start gaming on PCs or Consoles? What was the first console you played?

geforceftw

I started on a DOS PC playing games from that on on floppy disks then moved to PS1, PS2, PS3, and then back to PC.

This pretty much. Add a whole slew of other consoles, though. Console gaming is easy and convenient, but PC is pretty dang alright, too. Those Steam sales had me buying games when I didn't even have internet to download them with, haha.

My older bro had an Atari 2600 so that was my first console when I was really young. Doom was my first PC game I spent any significant time playing.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I started on a fake NES and played the hell outta mario and contra :)

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

I can't remember if it was the N64 first, or Tonka Raceway on Windows 98. Either way, they both got played a lot.

I started gaming on consoles, but  much prefer gaming on computers now because the types of games offered have a much more compelling appeal in my opinion.

The Nintendo 64 is where I started, Donkey Kong 64 to be exact, too bad my brother hogged it.

I first played the halo series on a 360 at a friends house

Both. My first console was probably the PS1 and the N64. I also used to play need for speed on PC with a racing wheel. This was probably around when I was 5 or 6 years old. I kicked butt in racing games, and still do.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Started on PC with text based and point & click adventures when I was really young. I always played with my father/watched him play. My first console was the NES, since then I've always played on both.

Started on PS1. Crash Bandicoot 2 was the first game I ever played and is still my favorite game of all time (yes, it's even better than SMT/Persona!)

I wouldn't be able to keep on gaming without PC as an option, since usually I switch between that and my PS3. Obviously the main purpose of that PS3 is... playing the PS2 releases of SMT/Persona...

Git Gud.

i started on SNES, then got an N64, then i got a PC because my step dad had all these cool looking new games on his.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

• 2 weeks later...

I started on the NES, with Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt. Never really liked Mario a lot, but I played the hell out of it anyway. The first system I owned, though, was the SNES, and my first game was Mega Man X. It remains one of my favorite games of all time, and I still play it every now and then.

I started playing video games in both NES/SNES and an old Pentium II PC from my uncle back in his colleague day in around 99-2000. 

Spoiler

I started gaming on my Gameboy Colour with my first ever game Pokemon Blue. Was only 6 years old at the time, still have both. Thinking of giving the Gameboy a good clean this week.

Started with cheap consoles like SEGA and other chinese stuff. My first good console was PS1 -> PS2 and then upgraded to PC! :)

"I am like ninja, but less gay" - Deadpool

I technically started on the Sega Megadrive due to my dad playing Sonic the Hedgehog with me on it.

But my own system - I had a old pentium 3 with Sims 1 + Age of Empires 1 + 2 on it!

Computer Programming Nerd Guy + Computer Support @ Red Tree IT

I think I started on the SNES or something slightly older than that but SNES for sure, then PC with Pentium 4 or D playing Starcraft. PC for a long while after new computer with AMD Phenom X3 8450 and 9300 GT then PS3 for awhile because friends were on it. Now mostly PC because PC Master Race but really because it just runs everything better and PS3/PS Vita for JRPGs and exclusives.

I started with SNES, N64, Gamecube and PS2 all at the same time.

Super NES. I think the first game I played was mortal kombat iirc.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

well in the late 80`s kind of hard to convince my parentes that i wanted\needed a PC. :)

8 bit console  had to do. first pay check i built my PC.

Sort of both.... in a way. My older brother and sister had an Amstrad cpc464 (loved the amstrad version of robocop and back to the future, and also Chase HQ), but I also got to game on the commodore 64, zx spectrum, NES, and Sega master system. Those where my first tastes of gaming. Over the years I have owned a Sega Master system (with the light gun), Sega mega drive, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2, PS3, original Xbox, Xbox 360, and now the Xbox one. Plus various PC's over the years.

I mainly stick to Forza on the consoles (or other console only racing games).

Forza 5 is a fun game, It is brilliant when racing a group of friends online, or messing around tandem drifting. But it does have its issues. The biggest one, is the occasional idiots in online public lobbies; but that can be said for any online game. And there are a few cars that are still missing, which should really be in there (Silvia S13 and S14). Plus there is also the missing iconic forza tracks, such as Fujimi Kaido. Which happens to be my favourite track in the series.

I pretty much just got an Xbox one for Forza, I don't personally regret it, but there are the things I mentioned above that bother me about FM5. I will probably use the xbox one for any exclusives that interest me, Forza Horizon 2 is my next purchase for the xbox one. Soon to be followed by the Halo Master Chief Collection, I love the first and second halo games, and my boyfriend has never played them. He likes Halo 3 and 4, so he will absolutely love the first 2 halo games.

I doubt I will get a PS4, just nothing coming on exclusive side that is off any interest to me. And I don't really need the "most powerful" console, as I also have my PC. If I want to game at 1080p 60fps, then my PC is the system for that.

But yeh, I will play games on any system. As long as that system has a game available I am interested in.

Edit: sorry for the long post, I got a bit carried away. I enjoy talking about tech and games far too much.