Did you start gaming on PCs or Consoles? What was the first console you played?

geforceftw

If playing pinball is gaming then PC is definitely the first thing i played on

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

I started on PC, yay. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

welp I will just say my life story about how I started gaming. The first console I played on was a Sega Genesis and played Sonic and that was at my babysitters house. Then when the Playstation first came out my mom bought that for me for Christmas. A long time past and I got a PS2 when it came out, and the next year was the Xbox with Halo CE. Well my mom decided to get her first computer not to long after that and it was a Compaq with DDR RAM and a AMD single core in it. My first game I played on it, it came preinstalled which was Deus EX I do believe. Then my first game I bought was Medieval Total War and played many many hours on it. I finally got my first computer on christmas of 2006 and thats when I got Rome Total War and sometime after that was the Xbox 360. I build my first computer 2 years ago and have been doing PC gaming ever since because thats when we finally got rid of Dial up since thats all we could get. Welp that is my gaming History and I will be 21 in October so I have been gaming my whole like and love every minute of it

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Many of these overlap due to friends having different systems, first to last ...

Collecovision > PC > NES > SNES/Genesis > Arcades > N64 > 3DO > Jaguar 64 > Dreamcast > PS1 > PS2 / Gamecube / Xbox > Xbox 360 > PC

Games that stand out ... Collecovision had a space invaders type game. PC had Liesure suit larry : land of lizard, adult game. Genesis, tons of street fighter 2 and NHL on that system. Arcades ... Virtual Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct. N64 was Goldeneye and Zelda. 3D0 and Jaguar were rental system back when you could rent consoles as a treat on birthdays. Dreamcast had a midnight racing game based in japan, you'd flash your lights and start a race. PS1, need for speed. PS2, friend would bring it over when we burnt out on my Xbox. Other friend would bring over his dell dimension 8400 and pojector for farcry. Gamecube was RE:4. Xbox ... played every game for that console. Xbox 360, might have picked up a controller at a friends house for 5 minutes. PS3, roomate had one, pretty gamed out by that generation.

PC for now. SC2, BF3. every 6 months, a Mass Effect or FC:3 type game will draw me in. Pretty jaded by now!

N E one from Coquiltam/Port Moody would know the Arcades in Coquitlam centre (Command HQ), Lougheed mall (can't remember), Gamestop (port moody). Palaydium Metrotown.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

First thing I've ever played on was a SNES. Then I moved to the PS1 and then, to PC.

my first console was the Atari 130XE then I moved to NES and SNES, I also played on the PC DOS games like Prince of Persia, Battle Chess, Civilization,  wolfsten 3d, Duke  Nukem and some other I dont remember  all DOS games sometimes running windows 3.1 

I started on xbox when i was a young kid and now i do pc as up about 6 months ago. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

My earliest gaming memories were on DOS with freeware games so PC for sure. Captain Comic being the one that I both remember the name of and have reasonably fond memories of. After that I played a bit of my brother's Sega Master System (Alex Kidd, My Hero etc) and eventually got my own GameBoy and SNES. But I wouldn't have called myself a "gamer" until a fair bit later... I can even remember the level I was on when I was really hooked. Right about here:

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

the first game I ever played was on a NES console then something on a PC with a turbo button which I don't think it does anything -_-

lives on

BAKABT

Started on Super Nintendo. A lot of classics I played on that. Donkey Kong, Super Mario (Who hasn't?), Street Fighter and a couple of other great ones too. Eventually got to N64, PS1, Gameboy for Pokemon, PS2+Gamecube, stayed on PS2 for a while and played PS3 and Xbox360 thanks to friends and family. Which is why I usually play most games with a controller if I can do it. Man I miss my Pokemon Snap and Mario games.

Started with C64, had one amiga 1200 and ps1 and n64.

Pc gaming after that.

Not a big gamer any more, i mostly just play rpg's now days.

But some good ones are coming so i might get ps4 for that.

I first played microsoft entertainment pack on windows 98.

Shortly after I told my parents I was interested in video games I started playing on a Sega Master System II

Then my grandma bought me a Gamecube, which I played alot when I was little and I had alot of games for it.

Then I got a crappy laptop and played some games on that.

It was slow so I was considering getting a modern console, like a ps3 or xbox360. It only took me minutes to realize how shitty they were and so I decided to look for a pre made gaming pc. They were overpriced and I looked at the hardware and it was crap, so I decided I would make plans to build one.

And, im going to build my gaming pc at the end of june :D

I originally started playing games when I was about 4 or 5. My cousin had an NES and SNES way back then and I stayed over there a lot. As time went on, he swapped those out for other consoles.

My first console was a Sega Genesis. I got it for Christmas one year. I don't care what anyone says, the Genesis was a great console. The SNES may have technically been better, but I played the hell out of my Genesis, and it still works. I have it tucked away in a closet somewhere.

Later on down the road, I never really had the money for better consoles. I had wanted to get an N64 or a Playstation, but I couldn't. A friend of mine had an original Playstation, so I would go over to his house from time to time and play things like Spyro and Tomb Raider. Good times.

I ended up getting my hands on an old hand-me-down PC from a garage sale at some point and it was powerful enough to play things like Age of Empires and StarCraft... so I played on that for a very long time. Roller Coaster Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon, Sim City 3000... tons and tons and tons of hours put into those games.

Then I got an Xbox. Buh-bye PC gaming. Then came my Xbox 360, and now I've swung back around to PC.

The deciding factor in whether or not I play primarily on a PC or on consoles is the games. It always has been. Say what you will about graphics and mods and k/m controls and other master race BS... all I care about is the games. There were several exclusives on the original Xbox and Xbox 360 that made me buy those consoles. MechAssault, Halo, Fable, Splinter Cell, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic (though that was available for PC as well), Shenmue 2... and series like Halo, Gears of War, and Mass Effect made me buy a 360.

I'm currently not interested in console gaming though. There isn't a single console exclusive that makes me want to purchase an Xbox 1 or a PS4. That could change in the future, but from what I'm seeing, I doubt it. The only game that may be able to make me want one of those consoles is Destiny. Luckily, it's also being released for the 360/PS3, so I'll be able to play it plenty before the next iteration in that series. If it's amazing... that could be a console seller for me.

As of right now though, there's nothing for the "next-gen" consoles that I couldn't play on PC... and likely have a more engaging experience with on there anyway.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

PS1 or the Gameboy(the very first version of it, the big brick). Tetris came with it :P.

I also remember when buying the PS1 there was a racing game included, Formula 1 i think it was :P

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

From what I recall my first gaming was done in this:

ricochet-pong.jpg

Mystery is the source of all true science.

PS2 all the way, played a tone of madden but it introduced me to gaming until i got an xbox in 2011

First game was on the atari 2600

Then got a pc and megadrive at the same time

Started on Sega playing Streets of Rage, Sonic and some weird football (soccer) game. Moved onto PS1 with Crash Bandicoot, Fifa, Driver 2, James Bond and Colin McRae Rally. Good times. Next was the PS3 and am I moving onto the PC race tomorrow.

I started with an Atari 2600 junior!  Yes I'm old school. Was primarily on the consoles until the 7th gen.  I stuck with pc and did not regret it.

Sega Master System 2 and the GameBoy

Let's agree to disagree

Sega Master system 2, remember playing Sonic and Alex Kidd. :lol: Not 100% sure though, my dad bought some old consoles even though the PS1 was already out. Guess it was cheaper then.

• 4 weeks later...

Started on a Coleco Vision but also played at arcades, then we had a NES and a PC. Never had a SNES or any Sega systems but our cousins did and we played them when we visited them. Then we got a N64. After that I bought my own console being the first Xbox, then GameCube, then Wii, the Xbox 360, then ps3. Also had a gameboy and then gameboy colour.

Gamecube for me :) And even now, the Gamecube is the best console I ever owned. Better than wii. Better than ps3. Waaay better than xbox. Not quite as good as the virtual boy though...

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.